Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What's wrong with flirting? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220242)

#5880 07-26-2007 12:23 PM

What's wrong with flirting?

"I've looked at on lot of women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times."
Jimmy Carter

If 2 people want to flirt a little, so be it.

I never cheated in my life, but I sure have done what Jimmy did.

So what's half this board's problem? :dunno:

AB 07-26-2007 12:25 PM

There is nothing wrong with flirting.

Jever 07-26-2007 12:27 PM

like watching people make out in public, when it's pretty much constant it's VERY annoying. It should be done through PM's rather than public so the rest of us can be spared the BS. Oh well, back to another message board for me.

Oh, and IBTL

Lanc3r 07-26-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAirbags (Post 2532795)
There is nothing wrong with flirting.

+1 Flirting is fun. Baggage OTOH can be quite troubling.

///M3lissa 07-26-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lao270 (Post 2532791)
So what's half this board's problem? :dunno:

People read too much into it :dunno:

tgee 07-26-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh_jev (Post 2532803)
like watching people make out in public, when it's pretty much constant it's VERY annoying. It should be done through PM's rather than public so the rest of us can be spared the BS. Oh well, back to another message board for me.

Oh, and IBTL

Well stated.

#5880 07-26-2007 12:33 PM

Teh Jev..

U r da man. I do agree with that wisdom.

Can I hire u as my Life Counselor?

God knows I need one!

SmoothCruise 07-26-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Oh, and IBTL

What do you mean?

You mean if they kiss and hold hands you like it, but if they are doing a clothed pre-coital ritual, you don't like it?

1Dreamer 07-26-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

like watching people make out in public, when it's pretty much constant it's VERY annoying.

I don't mind seeing people making out in public. Have to admit I've done it myself. :eek:

Jever 07-26-2007 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoothCruise (Post 2532830)
What do you mean?

You mean if they kiss and hold hands you like it, but if they are doing a clothed pre-coital ritual, you don't like it?

I didn't say I liked any of it however a couple holding hands is much less obnoxious and annoying to me than a couple dry humping on a bench in the mall.

Small signs of affection in public are cute and it's nice to see peopel that are happy together. When you're pretty much at 3rd base for all the world to see, that's taking it way too far.

In the case of an internet message board I find it a bit presumptuous for one to think that the rest of the community somehow enjoys watching one e-hump and worship each other in almost every thread that the couple happens to post in. Most message boards I've been in have a private messaging capability and most everyone I know has some sort of IM or telephone that can be used for the more personal stuff to be said over rather than hanging it all out in front of everyone all of the time.

So, having said that, If I posted that you looked sexy in the picture you just put up, that's much like holding hands but if we follow each other around and flirt with each other in almost every single thread we find ourselves in, that's taking it way too far and we should just cyb0r s3x0rz over IM or something.

Jever 07-26-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Dreamer (Post 2532831)
I don't mind seeing people making out in public. Have to admit I've done it myself. :eek:

I've done it before many times when I was a teenager. There are differences though b/w a peck on the lips or dry humping on the park bench. Where you are also plays a big part of it. If you're in a romantic place and just got engaged, a couple enjoying a sensual kiss would be all part of the mood and be within the realm of reason. Standing in the Hallmark store while a couple are finger banging each other would be a bit out of line...unless of course they were hot lesbian chicks. :angel:;)

Double-S 07-26-2007 12:53 PM

I was gonna try but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh_jev (Post 2532852)
I've done it before many times when I was a teenager. There are differences though b/w a peck on the lips or dry humping on the park bench. Where you are also plays a big part of it. If you're in a romantic place and just got engaged, a couple enjoying a sensual kiss would be all part of the mood and be within the realm of reason. Standing in the Hallmark store while a couple are finger banging each other would be a bit out of line...unless of course they were hot lesbian chicks. :angel:;)

...I just can't top that!

:bustingup:bustingup:bustingup

obmd1 07-26-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Oh, and IBTL

:rofl:

1Dreamer 07-26-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh_jev (Post 2532852)

So now I'm not sure whether you've turned down all my advances because you don't find me hot or because you just don't like PDAs. :confused:

Jever 07-26-2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Dreamer (Post 2532884)
So now I'm not sure whether you've turned down all my advances because you don't find me hot or because you just don't like PDAs. :confused:

I'm too insecure and you're way out of my league. :bawling:

obmd1 07-26-2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSIMON (Post 2532879)
...I just can't top that without pictures...!

:bustingup:bustingup:bustingup

fixed :D

1Dreamer 07-26-2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh_jev (Post 2532909)
I'm too insecure and you're way out of my league. :bawling:

:rolleyes:

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that . . . .

I'd have one nickel. :rofl:

Jever 07-26-2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Dreamer (Post 2532947)
:rolleyes:

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that . . . .

I'd have one nickel. :rofl:

I'll toss you one (not yoru salad though) at the next Scary's meet, just don't spend it all in one place.

Double-S 07-26-2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obmd1 (Post 2532912)
fixed :D

Agreed!:thumbup:

BmW745On19's 07-26-2007 03:35 PM

This thread is hilarious, particularly Jever. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Who are we talking about though? :dunno:

obmd1 07-26-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmW745On19's (Post 2533315)

Who are we talking about though? :dunno:

:nono: don't go gettin it locked now, would ya?

BmW745On19's 07-26-2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obmd1 (Post 2533340)
:nono: don't go gettin it locked now, would ya?

I ain't sayin' nuttin'. :D

monkey211 07-26-2007 03:49 PM

Wow....How come I never see Lesbians finger bang each other in line at hallmark? I would bust out my camera right away!!!

Double-S 07-26-2007 04:01 PM

What the hell are you doing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey211 (Post 2533351)
Wow....How come I never see Lesbians finger bang each other in line at hallmark? I would bust out my camera right away!!!

...at a hallmark store muchacho? :confused:

BLT 07-26-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey211 (Post 2533351)

I guess it is rather commonplace in the greater LA area. I haven't seen anything like that in the malls by our house.