Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (1991 - 1999) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Black roof anyone? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223631)

xxx008xxx 08-12-2007 12:14 PM

Black roof anyone?
 
i am considering doing a black roof on my 328is...i already have the paint and everything i just need to do an opinion check from everyone....what do you guys think? :dunno:

Bimmer_Angel 08-12-2007 12:20 PM

Oh No - another VERY 'open' question - stand back and wait for it :doh:

IMO I would not do it. You already have perfection - Pleeeeease don't do it.

Admitted, I have a black roof on a red car but 1: mine is a convertible 2: my skirts are black 3: the mirror surrounds are black which sort of pulls the whole theme together.

Over to the rest of you Guys........ [be nice boys:grouphug:] !

Pirate_copy 08-12-2007 12:31 PM

I wouldn't do it buddy

Maybe take a picture and change the roof to black on a photo program to see what it looks like :dunno:

Eviil30 08-12-2007 12:56 PM

is it the car in your sig that you're contemplating painting?

is that boston green?

car is pretty dark to begin with, i don't think it would be worth the risk of screwing up for something that would be barely noticeable anyways.

my .02

SewerSideUp 08-12-2007 01:07 PM

I vote against ! Youre car looks extreme as it is man. Black roof will spoil the dark green paint ! IMO though, Don't...

jh1328 08-12-2007 01:15 PM

theres a guy on the fest who has a black roof...i forget his name, but he has a white m3, and it looks good. on the boston green? it might look pretty good if you did it right and had black trim pieces on your car...but you dont and i think the boston green is GORGEOUS. just my opinion.

Pirate_copy 08-12-2007 01:23 PM

Is that Lawrence who has that?

That car is fcuking awesome

Pirate_copy 08-12-2007 01:28 PM

Drool - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167148

jh1328 08-12-2007 01:48 PM

yah! thats who it is...good call pete.

xxx008xxx 08-12-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate_copy (Post 2569526)

yea that car is sick...and it's a 328is....

Pirate_copy 08-12-2007 01:49 PM

:thumbup:

xxx008xxx 08-12-2007 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jh1328 (Post 2569504)
theres a guy on the fest who has a black roof...i forget his name, but he has a white m3, and it looks good. on the boston green? it might look pretty good if you did it right and had black trim pieces on your car...but you dont and i think the boston green is GORGEOUS. just my opinion.

and yes i DO have black molding on my car...my whole cars boston green and black and thats it...no chrome :thumbdwn:

jh1328 08-12-2007 02:01 PM

ohhh my bad dude..***** two bads on me...its a 328is...im an idiot sry. i hadnt seen it for a while and i messed up
also, i didnt look close enough at your pic...i thought all your trim pieces were painted boston green. again, my fault man...in that case...i think it might look pretty sweet...do you have a blacked out grill?

Pirate_copy 08-12-2007 02:02 PM

I looks like an M3 mate so an easy mistake :)

jh1328 08-12-2007 02:05 PM

yeah, it looks like an m3...except the part that says 328is :banghead:

Pirate_copy 08-12-2007 02:12 PM

lol, worse things happen at sea buddy

xxx008xxx 08-12-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jh1328 (Post 2569602)
ohhh my bad dude..***** two bads on me...its a 328is...im an idiot sry. i hadnt seen it for a while and i messed up
also, i didnt look close enough at your pic...i thought all your trim pieces were painted boston green. again, my fault man...in that case...i think it might look pretty sweet...do you have a blacked out grill?

Blacked out Kidneys :thumbup:

E36 Phantom 08-12-2007 10:19 PM

Well, for one thing, it'll make your car even hotter than it is now in the sun.
Personally I love that color and can't see why you'd want to do it, and IMO it doesn't look all that great.

bounzing_soulz 08-12-2007 11:45 PM

idk man, you already have all the paint. I think the car already looks badass... but ima take a step away from everyone else and say go for it. just make sure you do a steller job and I personally think it will look bada$$.

but i think do what pirate said first... before you risk ruining the beauty of your car, run it through a quick photoshopping job. see if you like (post some pics for us too please :) ) then go from there.

Bimmer_Angel 08-13-2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounzing_soulz (Post 2570503)
idk man, you already have all the paint. I think the car already looks badass... but ima take a step away from everyone else and say go for it. just make sure you do a steller job and I personally think it will look bada$$.

but i think do what pirate said first... before you risk ruining the beauty of your car, run it through a quick photoshopping job. see if you like (post some pics for us too please :) ) then go from there.



+1. I have been doing this with my car to see what wheels would look best. What you initially think will look good does not always in reality.

320what? 08-13-2007 09:54 AM

go for it but do it well. no half measures! ;)

xxx008xxx 08-13-2007 06:43 PM

thank god i know a good body man...(me)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms