Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   European Delivery (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Well guys, my worst fear was realized this afternoon... & Update (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226259)

Craigito 08-24-2007 05:47 PM

Well guys, my worst fear was realized this afternoon... & Update

Dealership has no idea where my car is. :thumbup: What a way to end the week. I am so upset I don't even know what say. At what point do I report the car stolen? They are attempting to track it down but how long, if at all, should I wait to get the police involved. Also, couldn't they track the car if it has GPS navigation?

I think i'm gonna go puke now.

cBeam 08-24-2007 05:52 PM

So, what is the story? You posted that dealership told you that they lost your FOB, didn't you?
What exactly did the dealership tell you today?

Craigito 08-24-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cBeam (Post 2598266)
So, what is the story? You posted that dealership told you that they lost your FOB, didn't you?
What exactly did the dealership tell you today?

Yep. I can't go into details on a public forum. Maybe later after I get more info.

Asteroid 08-24-2007 06:08 PM

Is this at BMW of San Diego? This would make it the second ED car stolen from dealer's lot. :yikes: First one was posted here.

beewang 08-24-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigito (Post 2598276)
Yep. I can't go into details on a public forum. Maybe later after I get more info.

Bull$hit!!! Incompetent dealer doesn't get deserve to be protected.:rolleyes:

Spill the bean. Who is it??!!

iversonm 08-24-2007 07:35 PM

Wow. The worst part is that it's Friday.

They should be able to track the car if you have BMW assist. I'd start that process immediately.

If you have reason to believe it's stolen, I'd go to the police, too. I can't see a downside to their involvement in the process.

I'd also go to BMWNA, and bypass the dealer, just in case they are playing games with you and are withholding information.

Craigito 08-24-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iversonm (Post 2598399)
Wow. The worst part is that it's Friday.

They should be able to track the car if you have BMW assist. I'd start that process immediately.

If you have reason to believe it's stolen, I'd go to the police, too. I can't see a downside to their involvement in the process.

I'd also go to BMWNA, and bypass the dealer, just in case they are playing games with you and are withholding information.

I am already writing BMWNA. I have no interest in dealing with the dealership. Only reason I would call them if they call me to tell me the car was found.

Calif65GM 08-24-2007 07:48 PM

:dunno: Didn't you post that they found the fob last night and you were picking it up today? :dunno:

WTF happened?:yikes:

Raz5219 08-24-2007 07:54 PM

Tell us what happened...how the hell did your car get stolen?? And if it really did get stolen, wtf are you doing writing letters?? Call the cops and call BMWNA immediately! Give us the full scoop, and I'm sure we can give you good advice on how to proceed.

JSpira 08-24-2007 07:56 PM

The dealership is Riverside BMW, I believe.

JSpira 08-24-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beewang (Post 2598337)
Bull$hit!!! Incompetent dealer doesn't get deserve to be protected.:rolleyes:

Spill the bean. Who is it??!!

Ive spilt the beans for all. See one post up.

Craigito 08-24-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calif65GM (Post 2598417)
:dunno: Didn't you post that they found the fob last night and you were picking it up today? :dunno:

WTF happened?:yikes:

Yep..guess the key fob wasn't the only thing missing. This is so ****ed up.

iversonm 08-24-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigito (Post 2598413)
I am already writing BMWNA. I have no interest in dealing with the dealership. Only reason I would call them if they call me to tell me the car was found.

As much as you don't want to, I'd take every opportunity to keep the heat on them, in person when possible.

They will tend to want to direct the blame for this mishap elsewhere. Ignoring them will make this process easier.

For example, you can file the police report at the dealer, if possible.

iversonm 08-24-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigito (Post 2598435)
Yep..guess the key fob wasn't the only thing missing. This is so ****ed up.

They probably never looked for the car. Someone stole the key and the car after it was delivered. When they went to prep the car, they probably couldn't find the key, so they assumed that the key was misplaced, and the car was still on the lot.

Craigito 08-24-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz5219 (Post 2598429)
Tell us what happened...how the hell did your car get stolen?? And if it really did get stolen, wtf are you doing writing letters?? Call the cops and call BMWNA immediately! Give us the full scoop, and I'm sure we can give you good advice on how to proceed.

They're saying there still trying to find it, maybe just lost somewhere. Not holding my breath. BMWNA will be hearing from me shortly. As far as involving the police..as far as i'm concerned, I bought a product that I never received, plain and simple, so it's up to BMW to make this right and deliver my product. I'm just praying there is a mixup somewhere but at some point, the car is officially gone and I'll have to go file the police report. I really can't believe this is happening. Like a bad dream.

Boile 08-24-2007 08:14 PM

You're wasting your time with BMWNA. If the car was stolen, there's nothing they can do.
From the sounds of your "can't talk in public" post, you seem to want to sue them or get something out of this.
Wasn't this an ED. If so, you did receive your product. You then entrusted BMWNA to ship it to you, when it got lost.
Sorry for your loss, but cars get stolen all the time. This is a matter for the police and insurance. File the police report to get the ball rolling ASAP. That'll force them to make the claim with their insurance.

iversonm 08-24-2007 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boile (Post 2598469)
You're wasting your time with BMWNA. If the car was stolen, there's nothing they can do.
From the sounds of your "can't talk in public" post, you seem to want to sue them or get something out of this.
Wasn't this an ED. If so, you did receive your product. You then entrusted BMWNA to ship it to you, when it got lost.
Sorry for your loss, but cars get stolen all the time. This is a matter for the police and insurance. File the police report to get the ball rolling ASAP. That'll force them to make the claim with their insurance.

+1

Craigito 08-24-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boile (Post 2598469)

No, I just want my car. Nothing else. They are supposed to contact me tomorrow to see if magically my car appeared from thin air. If nothing, I'll have to go down and file report (since the owner of the vehicle has to file the report I was told..already called the police earlier). The police will come to the dealership to file and take all the statements.

JSpira 08-24-2007 08:26 PM

To Craigito

Really sorry to hear of what happened. It IS possible that the car has really been misplaced.

We are here to support you - please keep us informed of what the clowns, I mean the dealership, is doing.

a_big_kahuna 08-24-2007 08:42 PM

holy crap...thats where I purchased my car...good luck

Andrew*Debbie 08-24-2007 08:46 PM

I feel for you. I've had a car stolen twice. No fun at all.

emdreiSMG 08-24-2007 09:52 PM

I'm sorry. I've had bad dealings with Riverside BMW before, they're POS, IMO.

Maybe the silver lining will be that you can do ED again and drive a loaner in the meantime. However, it looks as though you're only 6 weeks or so from drop off. I didn't get either of my M3's back in SoCal until 7-8 weeks. Are you sure there isn't some misunderstanding and your car is at VPC/en route to the dealer on a truck somewhere?

Craigito 08-24-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emdreiSMG (Post 2598638)
I'm sorry. I've had bad dealings with Riverside BMW before, they're POS, IMO.

Maybe the silver lining will be that you can do ED again and drive a loaner in the meantime. However, it looks as though you're only 6 weeks or so from drop off. I didn't get either of my M3's back in SoCal until 7-8 weeks. Are you sure there isn't some misunderstanding and your car is at VPC/en route to the dealer on a truck somewhere?

Not sure but not likely...I've got to get more details tomorrow.

Northcar 08-24-2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigito (Post 2598661)
Not sure but not likely...I've got to get more details tomorrow.

Keep us posted. As Jspira stated, we are here to offer what support we can. Since we both shared the same delivery date in Munich this is personal! Your initial hunch that the lost FOB was just a delay tactic sounds like it was correct.

tommydogsdad 08-24-2007 11:56 PM

Craigito, I really hope it all works out for you. You're in my thoughts. That just sucks!