Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   3 Series / 4 Series (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Can a CD player decode MP3? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26758)

yamato 04-21-2003 06:33 PM

Can a CD player decode MP3?
 
I found these are the standard features in Canadian 04 coupes:

ENTERTAINMENT FEATURES
AM/FM stereo radio with radio data system
Single CD player
MP3 player compatible
Steering wheel mounted radio controls
6 speakers
Window grid diversity antenna


in http://www.bmw.ca/configurator_new/c...model_page=yes

Does "MP3 player compatible" mean the CD player can decode MP3? Anyone tried?

Thanks.

Terry Kennedy 04-21-2003 06:46 PM

Re: Can a CD player decode MP3?
 
Quote:

Originally posted by yamato
Does "MP3 player compatible" mean the CD player can decode MP3?
I'm guessing here, but that sounds like marketspeak for "has an auxiliary input". I'd expect to see something like "MP3-capable single CD player" if it actually played MP3 CD's.

Car-manufacturer-installed MP3-capable drives still seem pretty unusual - even when they are made by a company (like Alpine) that offers the non-OEM version with MP3 support, the OEM ones seem to be missing that feature.

yamato 05-17-2003 12:22 PM

Re: Re: Can a CD player decode MP3?
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Terry Kennedy
I'm guessing here, but that sounds like marketspeak for "has an auxiliary input". I'd expect to see something like "MP3-capable single CD player" if it actually played MP3 CD's.

Car-manufacturer-installed MP3-capable drives still seem pretty unusual - even when they are made by a company (like Alpine) that offers the non-OEM version with MP3 support, the OEM ones seem to be missing that feature.

You are right. I just proved the CD player on a 04 coupe can't play MP3. :thumbdwn:

I can't seem to find where the aux input is. I wonder if it exists.

Mystikal 05-17-2003 02:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: Can a CD player decode MP3?
 
Quote:

Originally posted by yamato
You are right. I just proved the CD player on a 04 coupe can't play MP3. :thumbdwn:

I can't seem to find where the aux input is. I wonder if it exists.

Rear of the unit. There is a kit to run a special adaptor from the unit to any location of the car you want, and it is a standard headphone jack. Ask your dealer or do a search here.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms