Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Who does excellent window tinting in the Orlando, FL area? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287822)

twinturbo135i 05-26-2008 08:41 AM

Who does excellent window tinting in the Orlando, FL area?

I just bought my 135i two days ago and I need my windows blacked out asap. I hate not having any privacy from the outside world while driving my new toy.

so I wanted to ask the peeps in this forum for any recommendations to window tinters that do excellent work. I don't mind paying the extra $$$ as long as I'll be happy. I have some severe OCD which of course also extends to my 135i.

brew99 05-26-2008 09:32 AM

Good Question

Bump! Would like to know as well! Won't be getting mine till after my Euro Delivery but will definitely want a good quality tint job asap after delivery.

InsaneSkippy 05-31-2008 03:39 PM

Another bump for a fellow Orlando 135i owner. Even if mine won't be back in the states until the end of summer.

casper 05-31-2008 09:53 PM

There is a guy in the Kissimee area, his name is Paul Bazo, he does really great work.

X3 Skier 06-01-2008 07:11 AM

You might ask your dealer as they usually have pretty good insight.

Cheers

nolan mangrum 11-03-2008 12:41 PM

u guys need to call Troy at Choice Mobile Window Tinting. He has tinted my quarter till eight as well as both my a-6 and S-5. I found him through Classic Audi in Maitland. heres the number to troy 321-439-3064 or call Audi and ask them directly 407-816-5880. he uses llumar film(the best), and charges me like 140 or 150. i hope this heps. nolan

zorro1 12-08-2008 04:50 PM

orlando window tinting

1 Attachment(s)
I hear ya man! I hate driving around in a fish bowl. I have been using the tint man since I was in high school. He does work for my dad for orange county. I'm not to sure what his # is, but I know his web site is tintmanwindowtinting.com Tell him Troy in Dr. Phillips sent you

InsaneSkippy 12-09-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorro1 (Post 3753514)
I hear ya man! I hate driving around in a fish bowl. I have been using the tint man since I was in high school. He does work for my dad for orange county. I'm not to sure what his # is, but I know his web site is tintmanwindowtinting.com Tell him Troy in Dr. Phillips sent you

I'm right near Dr. Phillips :thumbup:

Vitacura 12-09-2008 01:03 PM

I know a couple in Tampa, just in case.

nolan mangrum 12-09-2008 06:48 PM

best ever

u should call my tint man at choice window tinting,321-439-3064 . talk to troy he uses llumar film(the best), and charges an average pricea but does excellent work. he di my 745i with a one piece back window and the roll up window are tight and to the top. not a bubble in the whole car, and he is mobile so he comes to u. they tinted my house too.:)

BmW745On19's 12-09-2008 06:55 PM

I hate tint. I love to be seen in my cars. People with window tint look like they are scared to be seen.

In some cars, like the 1 series, I wouldn't want to be seen though. :dunno:

InsaneSkippy 12-11-2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmW745On19's (Post 3756216)
I hate tint. I love to be seen in my cars. People with window tint look like they are scared to be seen.

Lol your ego is THAT big that you drive around going "Oh yaaaa look at mee" in your head?:tsk:

Tint: Reduces amount of sunlight coming in making it easier to see on bright days while driving. Keeps the car cooler if it's parked in sunlight. Makes it harder to see what valuables might be in the car. etc..

nolan mangrum 12-14-2008 03:27 PM

tint

insaneskippy u r correct on what tint does. some people have no clue that tint does more than give u privacy. I have tint on all my cars. My 745i looks great with tint!

bimmerblack 12-14-2008 07:23 PM

This is my next to do...gotta have the tints.

BmW745On19's 12-14-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy (Post 3759631)
Lol your ego is THAT big that you drive around going "Oh yaaaa look at mee" in your head?:tsk:

Tint: Reduces amount of sunlight coming in making it easier to see on bright days while driving. Keeps the car cooler if it's parked in sunlight. Makes it harder to see what valuables might be in the car. etc..

hell yeah i do. people love me when i ride by.

i keep my valuables in the trunk or at home.

tint ruins the lines of the car too.

M Jason 12-16-2008 08:41 PM

All who live in Orlando area, I have to piggy back on what Nolan has mentioned; The company is called CHOICE WINDOW TINTING from Orlando.
Highly recommended; the finished product is phenomenal!
I have never seen auto tinting completed so perfectly; furthermore, he went out of his way and offered to jump start my family member's van during his tinting.
Ask for Troy. He is good with explaining his work and happily answer any questions you may have about the work.
He finished my 2005 Mazda 6 (which is a four door) in under an hour and a half.
For the high quality of the material and his work, it was surprisingly cheap!
No need to travel to look for them, they will come to you!
Again, highly recommended!!!
For my Mazda 6, the total came to $139; my wife saw the finished product, and was curious to know how much it would cost to tint her 318i.
To tint her 318i, Troy stated it would cost $119.
I hope this helps.
Here's their info.:
CHOICE WINDOW TINTING
(321) 439-3064
For Orlando and surrounding areas
They tint auto, residential, and commercial
One piece rear windows (which is great!)

brew99 12-16-2008 10:24 PM

Another Fields Location

Just tagging on to this Orlando related posting. Fields has opened up another location on South Orange Blossom Trail which used to be the Volvo dealership there. Right now they are only selling used cars but may offer new vehicles at some point. They also offer service there however which may be more convenient for some compared to the other location across town. I believe the service center on Sand Lake has been closed as part of this move. One down side is that they do not offer loaner cars at this location.

Took my 1 there for a few items the other day and everything was handled very well.

jzcrna 12-19-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo135i (Post 3279611)
I just bought my 135i two days ago and I need my windows blacked out asap. I hate not having any privacy from the outside world while driving my new toy.

so I wanted to ask the peeps in this forum for any recommendations to window tinters that do excellent work. I don't mind paying the extra $$$ as long as I'll be happy. I have some severe OCD which of course also extends to my 135i.

This may be a little late, but The Tint Man mobile tinting is good. I have used Shawn, the owner a couple of times in the past. Does a pretty good job and guarantees his work. I believe he does all the work himself.

InsaneSkippy 12-30-2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmW745On19's (Post 3767427)
hell yeah i do. people love me when i ride by.

:rofl: thanks for just proving my point :thumbup:

Kamui 01-11-2009 06:52 AM

I have ALWAYS used Dave Forester, he's in winter park off fairbanks and Cherry St. I think. Reasonable prices and great service. he's done MANY of the cars in CFBMW.org group. Once I find his card i'll give more info. He even tinted my mom's front window perfectly (she has vision issues with bright lights) and I know that had to be a pain since getting into the corners and such...

Just Bryce 01-11-2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmW745On19's (Post 3756216)

+1, I like the reverse mirror so I don't have to look at the common folk but they don't need to be deprived of the opportunity to view all the brilliance that is me :D

bimmerfan15 01-11-2009 03:30 PM

Tinting is a necessity in Orlando. I lived there for 12 years so i know. NEVER EVER EVER go with a person or company for tinting. Always go through the dealership. Tinting in high humidity environments like Orlando requires the services of professionals who know what they are doing and many dealerships have established relationships with experienced, insured and bonded tinting services.

brucegn525i 07-18-2009 11:04 AM

I know this is an older thread, but I just purchased a BMW and I want to get the windows tinted. I contacted my dealership and they suggested somebody, but I figure he might up his price on a referral from a dealership. I am looking into getting the huper optik and I would appreciate anyone's experience with the product and is it worth the extra price? If it is worth the money who in the Orlando area does a lifetime warranty install? Does Troy do the Huper Optik? If not worth the money, what is? Thanks

nolan mangrum 08-09-2009 01:14 PM

u can call troy at choice window tinting orlando. He has llumar atx film that is ceremic and does not interfere with radio waves. The cost is almost twice as much as atr metalized. If u use am radio often then go with ceramic if not then save ur money and go with metalized film. troys number is 321-439-3064 or www.choicetints.com. hope this helps.

bohemianjsr 08-09-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmerfan15 (Post 3829648)
Tinting is a necessity in Orlando. I lived there for 12 years so i know. NEVER EVER EVER go with a person or company for tinting. Always go through the dealership. Tinting in high humidity environments like Orlando requires the services of professionals who know what they are doing and many dealerships have established relationships with experienced, insured and bonded tinting services.

I like generalized statements like this one which justify spending more thru a stealership. Who do you thing does the tinting at the dealership? I am talking after market. Dealerships don't have a tint crew nor a detail crew around for this type of work. they actually work with third party folks who have good referrals....

One way to find a good local tint guy is to call x dealership and ask the employees who does the tinting for their own vehicles or dealership.