Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Left front parking lamp malfunction (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318695)

jblanco 10-14-2008 08:53 AM

Left front parking lamp malfunction

Team,
Yesterday I got this message on my console "Left front Parking Lamp Malfunction" then i Noticed that my left side angels lights are not longer working....My question is the following:

1 - Is the problem just light bulb...
2 - Is the problem the entire light set...
3 - What will be the cost before I bring the car to the D this saturday....
4 - Can I do this myself without problems....

Regards,

T.

harjothundal 10-14-2008 10:58 AM

i had the same thing... it was the bulb alone... weird thing though... my front right halo and rear licence plate light went out atthe same time... magically the halo turned back on though... the dealer still replaced both bulbs under warranty and i am yet to have any furthur issues...

unirok 10-14-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jblanco (Post 3622933)
Team,
Yesterday I got this message on my console "Left front Parking Lamp Malfunction" then i Noticed that my left side angels lights are not longer working....My question is the following:

1 - Is the problem just light bulb...
2 - Is the problem the entire light set...
3 - What will be the cost before I bring the car to the D this saturday....
4 - Can I do this myself without problems....

Regards,

T.

Min does this like once a month with the same message. I would have the dealer fix it but it always works itself back out again?

larsizzle 04-21-2010 03:32 PM

I have the same problem, I think im going to replace Angel Eyes on both headlights,
Anyone know where I can get some nice ones at a decent price?

dmacd 04-21-2010 03:53 PM

It's the bulb. The dealer will recommend replacing both, since they are expensive and the labor is also high. It requires loosening the bumper to get at the bulbs. It can be done by an owner, but if you make a mistake and break a headlight, it gets VERY expensive.

Blue Bimmer 04-21-2010 04:10 PM

bulbs are $26 for a pair at bavauto.com. Check the DIY section for a good writeup. It takes a couple hours with simple tools. I am doing it this weekend. BTW I just got OEM bulbs... I like the stock look, plus i'm not a pimp.

larsizzle 04-21-2010 04:23 PM

so.. there are two bulbs per side...im not looking for anything fancy, im just a symetrical type person, and i know one side they work and the other they dont.........it might be easy to break other side, JK.. thanks for the help..

Blue Bimmer 04-21-2010 06:28 PM

no, one bulb per side= a pair for the car.

Keif 04-23-2010 09:18 AM

And, larsizzle, since you have the pre-facelift 745, you don't have to loosen the bumper or anything, just unbolt the headlight assembly and move it forward a little.

Joe-BMW 04-23-2010 09:50 AM

I had the same malfunction and the dealer fixed it this past Tuesday. It was the left side and both angel eyes were out however they told me only one needed to be replaced. They possible could be stringed together like christmas tree lights when one goes out they all go out. They did not charge me but let me know CPO does not cover it, to my surprise.

jssmi765 04-25-2010 09:53 AM

I had the same problem, OFF/ON, OFF/ON, thought it might be electrical and not the bulb. Eventually I just decided to replace the bulb, found the info on how to replace it in the DIY section here. The bulb cost around $35 at the dealership but I put off replacing because I was avoiding the task of taking off my bumper. When I finally did it, it was easier than I thought. The DIY pics are accurate and very helpful. It only took me about an hour; bet I could do it in 30 min if I had to again. Everything has worked perfectly since. Forgot how much I missed those beautiful Angel Eyes!

revrun 04-25-2010 04:02 PM

Same experience here as jssmi. Searched and read and took it on. If you are patient and mechanical, it really is a simple task.

hwarris 12-11-2012 04:05 PM

Hi Guys,

I own 06 750li and had same issue. I know everyone here is talking about taking the bumper of to replace the bulb but infact I didn't have to do all that. I found it was faster to take out the air filter intake (I think that's what's it called) thing and once the whole thing was out I just open the light over from the back and counter clockwise the socket and i had the bulb in my hand. Thought I would share this it took me 15min to do all this. I didn't take the picture as I was in a rush and sort of first timer so was more worried about everything else then making a video. Maybe next time. I paid $100 for OEM Sylvania HID at autozone for the bulb. Stealership was charging $250 for the labor.

Thank you to everyone posting on this blog it has save me alot of money. Hope this helps.

julio745licandy 12-11-2012 06:56 PM

so an 04 745li model dont need to have the bumper tooken off if replacing both bulbs meaning right and left light? I have the same problem both parking light malfunction.

BuiltnBoostedZ 12-13-2012 03:56 PM

I didn't take the bumper off to replace mine. PITA without it off, but you can do it.

rsbolin@me.com 12-13-2012 04:48 PM

I had an error about the right front parking lamp but I was looking at it and it is the Angel Eye that is not lighting. One dealer said it is the entire assembly for active headlight and wanted $2k+ to replace. What joke. I will pull the filter intake case as was stated by hwarris and replace the bulb.

E92-Lighting 12-17-2012 05:14 PM

its just a simple bulb replacement which we carry that is guaranteed to solve your error code

ArtL 12-17-2012 08:17 PM

Yes, it's just the bulb replacement.