Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Engine Speculation (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323013)

InspireSiR 11-01-2008 10:42 AM

Engine Speculation
 
For sure the F10 will get the 4.4 liter twin turbo, the middle range will get a twin turbo inline 6, but what will the bottom 5 series get? Do you think BMW is going to have an all turbo 5 series lineup?

Evilsizer 11-05-2008 08:48 AM

prolly not, bottom end 5 may get the non-turbo'd 3L i6, just my guess.

after reading the one thread down, second or thrid post
http://paultan.org/archives/2006/06/...-f10-5-series/
with
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paultan
Expected models and engine options are - 520i, 2.5 liters, 218 ps; 525i, 3.0 liters, 238 ps; 530i/xi, 3.0 liters, 272 ps; 535i/xi, 3.0 liters biturbo, 306 ps; 540i, 4.8 liters, V8, 367 ps; 550i/xi, 4.4 liters V8 biturbo. The diesel range - 20d, 2.0 liters, 175 ps; 525d, 2.5 liters, 204 ps; 530d/xd, 3.0 liters, 245 ps; 535d/xd, 3.0 liters, 300 ps.


tonmonde 11-05-2008 05:51 PM

why not the 326hp TT on the 7series?

bmrboy2008 12-27-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonmonde (Post 3682339)
why not the 326hp TT on the 7series?

Are you serious? With all the problems BMW has had with the HPFP's on the 3 and 5 series twin turbos, I wouldn't think they would want a repeat on the 7 series. Then again, they did it on the 5 series. :(

sfgate 01-06-2009 11:30 AM

0-60 times?
 
Anybody have any idea what the 0-60 times on this new 4.4L twin turbo will give the 550i? I speculate it will be less than 5 sec. Right now, they claim the 535i does it in 5.6. I bet with the extra 100hp, it should clear it well under 5. What do other people think?

klu123 01-06-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfgate (Post 3815617)
Anybody have any idea what the 0-60 times on this new 4.4L twin turbo will give the 550i? I speculate it will be less than 5 sec. Right now, they claim the 535i does it in 5.6. I bet with the extra 100hp, it should clear it well under 5. What do other people think?

According to BMW's spec, the new 750 did it in 5.1 sec. So no doubt, the next 550 with the same engine will finish it within 5 sec, probably 4.8. Wow, 550 = M5 5 years ago.

gbelton 01-24-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspireSiR (Post 3668862)
For sure the F10 will get the 4.4 liter twin turbo.

Are you sure about that?

ratherbskiing 01-26-2009 04:22 PM

I hope there will be a 535d available from the launch. Anyone heard any rumours about a diesel in the F10?

550isport 04-20-2009 11:02 AM

BMW is always conservative
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by klu123 (Post 3816179)
According to BMW's spec, the new 750 did it in 5.1 sec. So no doubt, the next 550 with the same engine will finish it within 5 sec, probably 4.8. Wow, 550 = M5 5 years ago.

BMW advertised 5.2 0-60 for the E39 M5 and when magazines tested it the times were often below 5 seconds. Same with the new 750 and X6 5.0. Both have tested below 5 seconds 0-60. So if the X6 at 5000 lbs. clocks 4.9 to 60, then the new F10 twin turbo V8 5 series should be in the mid 4s. And if they offer the dual clutch maybe even better :)

The only question is when will it arrive!!

DRP


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms