Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The official "we're hiring" job thread (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342273)

alee 01-29-2009 08:02 PM

The official "we're hiring" job thread

Enough with the bad news... clearly some companies are still hiring, and chances are these days, you know someone that's was recently laid off and looking for a job.

So how about it... list what you're comfortable with listing, where the job is, and let's see if we can't help each other out a bit.

AndrewZ 01-29-2009 08:11 PM

www.joinlapd.com

Jever 01-29-2009 08:51 PM

Awesome thread topic, Alee. :thumbup::thumbup: subscribing.

dboy11 01-29-2009 08:52 PM

Salesforce.com

had a banner year in 08...24% growth...web based CRM company that is kicking a$$

alee 01-29-2009 09:07 PM

My company is hiring a Network Engineer.

We're looking for Cisco router and Cisco firewall experience, Avaya IP PBX, VMware ESX, NetApp SAN (with specific iSCSI experience). Should be well versed in Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, and in an ideal world, some decent Linux admin experience. Must be familiar with MPLS and IP-based voice networks.

PhilipWOT 01-29-2009 09:41 PM

The repo man is hiring.

edgar620 01-29-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilipWOT (Post 3880905)
The repo man is hiring.

You mean the bank

dboy11 01-29-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilipWOT (Post 3880905)
The repo man is hiring.

Bet those guys are busy these days...

wag-zhp 01-29-2009 09:59 PM

Great idea for a thread! Subscribed

biglovemp 01-30-2009 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wag-zhp (Post 3880957)
Great idea for a thread! Subscribed

+100000000000000000000000000000000
:thumbup:

DJ_INHALE 01-30-2009 05:57 AM

Im hiring. bus boys or servers apply.

also someone want to get into the remailing business let me know

Just Bryce 01-30-2009 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dboy11 (Post 3880941)
Bet those guys are busy these days...

I have a buddy that owns a repo company, he is extremely busy and coupled with the real estate bust is now living the high life with a waterfront home he picked up on the low-low :tsk:

bkmk5 01-30-2009 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alee (Post 3880835)
My company is hiring a Network Engineer.

We're looking for Cisco router and Cisco firewall experience, Avaya IP PBX, VMware ESX, NetApp SAN (with specific iSCSI experience). Should be well versed in Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, and in an ideal world, some decent Linux admin experience. Must be familiar with MPLS and IP-based voice networks.

Any room for a SQL Server DBA?

spydrz 01-30-2009 06:35 AM

Subscribed

geebeemer 01-30-2009 06:48 AM

Just noticed this job on Dice at GSK in RTP through Alphanumeric Systems - Proj Mgr/Bus Analyst for a data migration in HR areas. It's grunt work, but likely better than drawing unemployment. 18 month cap on contracts here...

http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/ser...e4@endecaindex

No, I don't know folks in this group.... just passing it along....
Quote:

Business Analyst/Project Manager - Human Resources/Finance IT - ITIL

Minimum 7+ years experience with solid HR/Finance IT project work

This position is not paying high level PM rates.

CONTRACT - 3-18 months

High Level Job Description
* IT is migrating applications to a new datacenter and requires a hybrid BA/PM to plan the migration of applications that support the following business function: Human Resources/Finance IT.
* The role will also require the BA/PM to plan and project manage various application and architecture upgrades.
* BA/PM will be assigned a group of applications that cover the Human Resources/Finance IT business function.
* Applicants must be well experienced BA/PM*s in this field and be able to work effectively under their own initiative with minimum supervision.

wyb 01-30-2009 06:54 AM

We're currently hiring - 2 openings...

1. web developer w/LAMP experience - at least 3 years experience is required and must have strong PHP - location Loveland, Colorado
2. project admin - required to liaise with clients and production department - arrange all homework assignments are submitted on time and developer(s) have all they require to finish projects on time - again, Loveland CO.

dboy11 01-30-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_INHALE (Post 3881306)
also someone want to get into the remailing business let me know

What are you asking for here?

Send me a PM

dboy11 01-30-2009 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Bryce (Post 3881314)
I have a buddy that owns a repo company, he is extremely busy and coupled with the real estate bust is now living the high life with a waterfront home he picked up on the low-low :tsk:

Bryce

I was talking to a to a guy one AM at Starbucks, and he said they have two used cars lots that contract with them for repos...these are the low end cheap / high risk interest cars...that have a high default on them...Guy said that he's repo'd the same car three time from three separate people....talk about a scam this car lot is running!:yikes:

Griffoun 01-30-2009 07:36 AM

My company laid off a couple hunderd earlier this month, but my team actually has two openings and we're still looking for people... MS SQL and SSIS, in N Chicago suburb, with EIM experience preferred.

I've mentioned in another thread that I'm looking for system analyst position in N Chicago suburb for my wife, let me know!

Thanks alee for this great thread!

Who says alee sucks?!

Griffoun 01-30-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvThatSam (Post 3880719)

Are you in LAPD?! :eeps:

RCK 01-30-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dboy11 (Post 3880809)
Salesforce.com

had a banner year in 08...24% growth...web based CRM company that is kicking a$$

Everyone had a banner year until the 4th quarter came along and $hit hit the fan.

theslik1 01-30-2009 07:53 AM

Not the most glamorous work BUT:

Electric utilities in general are weathering the storm fairly well...there is decent demand for professional talent due to increased retirements in all areas of generation. Nuclear utilities...particularly in the southeast...are ramping up hiring to man new nuclear projects. Companies that have announced new nuclear plant projects are hiring engineers, operators, and instructors now for future manning. My company as well as other large southeast utilities are aggressively hiring, even compared to "good times".

Will the projects pan out? Who knows, but the jobs are here right now and they pay pretty darn well. :thumbup:

Edit: This thread is so full of WIN that I recommend making it a sticky. Kudos to alee!

:)

marc545i 01-30-2009 08:20 AM

I'm looking for a sales rep with B2B sales experience in Pittsburgh for a medical sales position. Also looking for an experienced medical rep in Tampa.

VTRweasel 01-30-2009 09:21 AM

Application Operations Engineer in S.F.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend in Seattle is a recruiter for a major software comopany (Microsoft) and is looking for an IT person.

Here's the job description.

Contract until June with probability of renewal. In downtown SF. $35-50/hr.

Application Operations Engineer

Description:

This position will support all aspects of a high volume, web facing environment including the infrastructure and application operations. This individual will independently troubleshoot most production issues of mid to high complexity within the domain and ensure that hosted products and services are delivered to customers within SLA requirements.

Production support
Understand operational requirements for all applications
Participates on on-call rotation for 24x7 production systems
Troubleshoot and resolve customer impacting issues
Owns performance tuning and capacity planning for application systems
Coordinate and implement upgrades to applications
Monitor data loads during production cycle

Required Skills
2 or more years performance tuning in Linux or Windows environments
2 or more years supporting IIS web servers Apache
2 or more years supporting Java or .Net applications
At least 1 year supporting internet-based services in a 24x7 environment

Additional Desired Skills
Oracle PL/SQL or SQL experience
Scripting or Programming Experience
Familiarity with Ruby, PERL, Java

You can PM me and I will forward him your info.

(Too bad, this job pays around $70K around here so no luck so far)

kthxbye

tgee 01-30-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvThatSam (Post 3880719)

Have you done so?

As others above had said....great thread Alee!!!