Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X1 E84 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Crickets... (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348236)

iamthewalrus 02-24-2009 09:28 AM

Crickets...

I can hear crickets chirping on this board. Anyone? Bueller, anyone?
Any new X1 info out there? :)

Thanks!
-James
Seattle, WA
2006 X3 3.0i (manual/sport/premium/xenons/etc.)

Zeke77 02-26-2009 07:37 PM

chirp chirp chirp

.....maybe as soon as these vehicle becomes available?

brock landers 03-03-2009 07:02 AM

The only recent thing I've read - and this may be old news - is the X1 will take a while to come Stateside - up to 2 years away. I thought we might see it here as a 2010 model, but now 2011 - even 2012 - looks more likely.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-x1-future.html

georgek 03-03-2009 01:00 PM

Now that would suck. My X3 lease is up autumn '09 and I was looking forward to the X1. My budget will probably rule out another X3. I don't want to necessarily go the Clubman route but what is a bimmer fan to do?

brock landers 03-04-2009 06:54 AM

That does suck. If it's any consolation, nothing is official yet, so BMWNA may still bring it earlier. Otherwise, what about a 328xiT wagon? Or a short-term lease on a clearance '09 X3? Also, if your dealer knows you're a loyal customer, who may have to jump ship because of the late arrival of the X1, maybe they'll give you a very attractive short-term lease?

georgek 03-07-2009 11:59 PM

Not a bad thought. :thumbup:

kyfdx 03-09-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgek (Post 3969302)
Now that would suck. My X3 lease is up autumn '09 and I was looking forward to the X1. My budget will probably rule out another X3. I don't want to necessarily go the Clubman route but what is a bimmer fan to do?

Audi Q5?

brock landers 03-10-2009 07:24 AM

It's nice, but I don't think the Q5 would be any less expensive than the new X3

jkp1187 03-10-2009 10:40 AM

I hope they do bring it...and I doubly hope it comes with a 4 cyl diesel engine. My wife will be looking for a new car in about 2-3 years and that'll match our needs nicely.....

iamthewalrus 03-16-2009 06:54 PM

Some news...

Well, it appears Autoblog has some new info...

Overall the comments on Autoblog are fairly negative, but I don't think it's so bad. I guess I'm the target market for this car, just like the Audi A3. And look how many of those Audi's selling! :)
I have a fairly unique desire for something that drives like a sports car but still gets me to my favorite trailheads for backpacking trips in Washington and Oregon. Oh, and I only drive manual transmissions. For that particular combination of wants (I won't call them needs) there is really very little competition.

georgek 03-21-2009 06:23 PM

The Q5 is too pricey in the low 40's. I'm hoping the X1 would be low 30's, perhaps mid 30's with some nice add-ons. That's where my budget fits these days. I find it surprising the number of bloggers (not necessarily here) that denigrate the X1 calling it pointless. As someone who is tall, likes to step up or laterally into a vehicle, likes to be on an even road plane with the trucks and SUV's on the highway, who wants some fold down utility for transporting stuff, and who greatly desires performance in his automobile (BMW's) - the X1 seems to hit my sweet spot.

Thanks for the autoblog link. Keep any new news coming...

brock landers 03-23-2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgek (Post 4023338)
The Q5 is too pricey in the low 40's. I'm hoping the X1 would be low 30's, perhaps mid 30's with some nice add-ons. That's where my budget fits these days. I find it surprising the number of bloggers (not necessarily here) that denigrate the X1 calling it pointless. As someone who is tall, likes to step up or laterally into a vehicle, likes to be on an even road plane with the trucks and SUV's on the highway, who wants some fold down utility for transporting stuff, and who greatly desires performance in his automobile (BMW's) - the X1 seems to hit my sweet spot.

Thanks for the autoblog link. Keep any new news coming...

Being a taller guy as well, i definitely agree with the attraction of the easy step-in height of a tall wagon. Also, i imagine that extra little bit of ground clearance is great for powering out of snow banked parking spots. The whiners who denigrate the x1 because it isn't slung low enough can have their race-prepped E30 M3's for their weekend Nordschleife runs - that just means more X1's for those of us living in the real world.

georgek 04-29-2009 09:45 AM

news???

hello, McFly, something? Anything? C'mon BMW give us something to whet our whistle. That A3 TDI coming stateside later this year is looking more tempting.