Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   [Z3] Bigger Cup Holders? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358737)

thjessop 04-06-2009 11:25 AM

[Z3] Bigger Cup Holders?
 
Hello All,

I just bought a 1997 Z3 last Friday and the only thing I would change on it is that the cup holders are so tiny. I have seen the postings here about the door panel cup holders but I am wondering if anyone knows if there is any sort of bigger cup holder that fits into the existing ones. I'm thinking someone out there must have come up with one by now :) Any help would be appreciated!

thj

caseysc1 04-06-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thjessop (Post 4067124)
Hello All,

I just bought a 1997 Z3 last Friday and the only thing I would change on it is that the cup holders are so tiny. I have seen the postings here about the door panel cup holders but I am wondering if anyone knows if there is any sort of bigger cup holder that fits into the existing ones. I'm thinking someone out there must have come up with one by now :) Any help would be appreciated!

thj

Ultimatecupholders.com

They don't fit into yours. They go elsewhere. I love mine. Best cupholders ever.

RADRAD 07-06-2009 01:37 PM

Cup Holders????? My 99 Z3 does not have any cup holders. I once heard on a car talk show that BMW doesn't put in cup holders cuz you should be paying attention to driving on the Autobahn!!! Seriously, where are your cup holders????

cincychuck 07-06-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseysc1 (Post 4067180)
Ultimatecupholders.com

They don't fit into yours. They go elsewhere. I love mine. Best cupholders ever.

I didn't think they made a version for the Z3. Am I mistaken?

ryanzak 07-06-2009 06:51 PM

Look at Leatherz.com Great armrest/cup holder. I also recently bought a z3 and i am planning an upgrade to one of their armrests.

Z3 Rick 07-06-2009 08:32 PM

I just bought a 97 2.8 Z3 with 13,000 miles on it. It had a cassette storage cabinet in the console. I ordered and got a replacement console insert that I believe was offered as an option for the car. It has two cup holders that flip up and it works great. I got them from BMW of North Haven in CT.

quaudi 07-08-2009 05:56 PM

Interesting, the first thing I did with my M Coupe was rip the stupid ass cup holders out. Hate em in any car...now a mini van, thats a different story.

reidconti 07-09-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RADRAD (Post 4325603)
Cup Holders????? My 99 Z3 does not have any cup holders. I once heard on a car talk show that BMW doesn't put in cup holders cuz you should be paying attention to driving on the Autobahn!!! Seriously, where are your cup holders????

Time to test out my new sig! :tsk:

Mpire 07-11-2009 07:32 PM

I just got my hands on one of those Mark 2 armrests for the Z3. Its a big improvement, and I have the Mark 1 in the coupe. I might order one just to have as backup the way things are looking. I think that having a cup holder is a nice feature. If you get the standard cup holder setup form Leather Z it has a ring you can pull out to fit in a coffee cup or something. Its great for road trips. I just drove to key west and back, it came in very handy.

captbruce 11-13-2012 01:06 PM

They look nice but $30.00 for a cup holder??

vintage42 11-13-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thjessop (Post 4067124)
... I just bought a 1997 Z3 last Friday and the only thing I would change on it is that the cup holders are so tiny.... am wondering if anyone knows if there is any sort of bigger cup holder that fits into the existing ones...

Just bought the same car two weeks ago. The cup holders behind the armrest work fine for me. Doubtful that a bigger cup holder will fit into a small cup holder.

Wertles 11-13-2012 03:59 PM

One of my winter projects is getting a small piece of steel pipe the same OD as a 12 oz soda can and welding a pipe with an ID that will hold a 20 oz bottle then powder coating the whole thing black. I have the Leather Z armrest and love that part, but the cup holder will still only hold 12 oz cans.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms