Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Which bike do you like more? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366848)

Ryan... 05-07-2009 02:09 PM

Which bike do you like more?
 
The last bike I went to buy fell apart (literally the clutch stopped working, and issues arose with the title), so I've now found two bigger, better bikes. They're 04 Buell Firebolts, the XB12R (1200cc), roughly the same mileage, and the price is also very close. My question is: which do you all think looks better? I like both but can't decide which to go with!

First option:

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums...8&d=1103000082


Second option:

http://www.canim.net/motors/resimler...5_1024x768.jpg

AndrewZ 05-07-2009 02:15 PM

blk

AndrewZ 05-07-2009 02:16 PM

we need a motorcycle forum..

jetter2 05-07-2009 02:21 PM

stay away from buell

Ryan... 05-07-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetter2 (Post 4162106)
stay away from buell

I can't, once you've been on one, or heard one, you cannot go back to that rice grinder sound :D

A family friend works for a dealer, so essentially any problems can be taken care of quickly. Harleys have been in the family longer than I have, it's only natural for me to get one. My family practically disowned me after I picked up my CBR...

Ryan... 05-07-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvthatsam (Post 4162091)
we need a motorcycle forum..

+1

AndrewZ 05-07-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryans E39 (Post 4162118)
+1

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...08#post4162108:eeps:

Doesn't hurt to ask...:D

Ryan... 05-07-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvThatSam (Post 4162123)

I added my opinion!

MMMM_ERT 05-07-2009 03:00 PM

Between the two... Red.


But I prefer this one most...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...0&d=1231966721

chicagofan00 05-07-2009 03:01 PM

I would have chose red, but those wheels look horrible with the red so I went with black in the poll.

Ryan... 05-07-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMMM_ERT (Post 4162212)
Between the two... Red.


But I prefer this one most...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...0&d=1231966721

Is that your bike???? BEAUTIFUL!!!

I would like something like that, but I figure I'll stick with the rockets until my body no longer allows it :)

Ryan... 05-07-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagofan00 (Post 4162217)
I would have chose red, but those wheels look horrible with the red so I went with black in the poll.

I chose red for the poll, I've never actually liked red on any vehicle, but it's growing on me very quickly...

MMMM_ERT 05-07-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryans E39 (Post 4162236)
Is that your bike???? BEAUTIFUL!!!

:)

It's the exact bike I've been looking at getting. The model is Cross Bones, retro-bobber. :thumbup:

Ryan... 05-07-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMMM_ERT (Post 4162251)
It's the exact bike I've been looking at getting. The model is Cross Bones, retro-bobber. :thumbup:

What's keeping you from getting it (you don't have to tell me if it's personal)? That is an amazing looking bike, love the retro seat... Unfortunately you can't really do this with a bike like that:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...boltXB12Ra.jpg

MMMM_ERT 05-07-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryans E39 (Post 4162256)
What's keeping you from getting it (you don't have to tell me if it's personal)? That is an amazing looking bike, love the retro seat...

The reason...major purchase ($19K) in an unstable economy...I'd rather hold onto the cash for right now. ;)

...oh...that an my wife isn't too happy about it. :rofl:


It is absolutely beautiful...

http://www.powerpassion.nl/harley/ha.../012108top.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3...sbones1du8.jpg

Ryan... 05-07-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMMM_ERT (Post 4162274)
The reason...major purchase ($19K) in an unstable economy...I'd rather hold onto the cash for right now. ;)

...oh...that an my wife isn't too happy about it. :rofl:


It is absolutely beautiful...

http://www.powerpassion.nl/harley/ha.../012108top.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3...sbones1du8.jpg

That is quite pricey, but if I was spending your money I'd go for it :rofl:

Is she not happy about the
A. price
B. the fact that there's no place for her to sit
C. all of the above?

biglovemp 05-07-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMMM_ERT (Post 4162212)
Between the two... Red.


But I prefer this one most...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...0&d=1231966721

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMMM_ERT (Post 4162251)
It's the exact bike I've been looking at getting. The model is Cross Bones, retro-bobber. :thumbup:

:eeps:
Is it me or does that guy look just like the guy in props photochop? :rofl:
:angel:

MMMM_ERT 05-07-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryans E39 (Post 4162292)
That is quite pricey, but if I was spending your money I'd go for it :rofl:

Is she not happy about the
A. price
B. the fact that there's no place for her to sit
C. all of the above?

Harleys are damn expensive...but I don't want to buy a used one...I want one out of the crate. Every mile will by mine. :)

Price/cost is not her beef...my wife is awesome in many ways and letting me spend $$ is never an issue.
The issue is safety...she wants to keep me alive and in one piece for some strange reason. ;)


Quote:

Originally Posted by biglovemp (Post 4162294)
:eeps:
Is it me or does that guy look just like the guy in props photochop? :rofl:
:angel:

Kinda doesn't it... :rofl: The real question is still...is it me or is it a buddy of mine I had pose for that prop pic? :angel:

Ryan... 05-07-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMMM_ERT (Post 4162326)
Harleys are damn expensive...but I don't want to buy a used one...I want one out of the crate. Every mile will by mine. :)

Price/cost is not her beef...my wife is awesome in many ways and letting me spend $$ is never an issue.
The issue is safety...she wants to keep me alive and in one piece for some strange reason. ;)

Damn, that is strange... :rofl:

biglovemp 05-07-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMMM_ERT (Post 4162326)
Kinda doesn't it... :rofl: The real question is still...is it me or is it a buddy of mine I had pose for that prop pic? :angel:

:rofl: If you say so....:angel:

Eddie Bimmer 05-07-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvThatSam (Post 4162123)

interesting.

where would you tow the thread to once this supposedly non-bmw bike posting is posted in "bmw motorcycle forum"?

AndrewZ 05-07-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Bimmer (Post 4162395)
interesting.

where would you tow the thread to once this supposedly non-bmw bike posting is posted in "bmw motorcycle forum"?

wha??

MMMM_ERT 05-07-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvThatSam (Post 4162405)
wha??

que'

#5880 05-07-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMMM_ERT (Post 4162212)
Between the two... Red.


But I prefer this one most...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...0&d=1231966721

I think I have seen those glasses before:eeps:

MMMM_ERT 05-07-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #5880 (Post 4162434)
I think I have seen those glasses before:eeps:

Different shape entirely...
:dunno:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...1&d=1241582339


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms