Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   2004 Z4 radiator support (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378046)

FlawlesShot 06-22-2009 07:51 PM

2004 Z4 radiator support

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys I'm trying to repair my Z4 that had an unfortunate accident. Right now I'm trying to attach the radiator and I believe that there is a part under the radiator, cooling unit and fan assembly that attaches it to the deflection brackets. Does anyone know what part that may be? I've included some pictures if you need anymore please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance!

Ron Stygar 06-22-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlawlesShot (Post 4289711)
Hey guys I'm trying to repair my Z4 that had an unfortunate accident. Right now I'm trying to attach the radiator and I believe that there is a part under the radiator, cooling unit and fan assembly that attaches it to the deflection brackets. Does anyone know what part that may be? I've included some pictures if you need anymore please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance!

Did you look here:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do

FlawlesShot 06-22-2009 09:16 PM

Thanks for the reference. What I need to determine is how the radiator support brackets (pn #17111436264) which supports the radiator via two rubber bumpers attach to the "saddles: on the deflection elements. There must be a part that attaches the radiator support brackets to the brackets on the deflection elements, but I'll be darned if I can find a picture of it, or a part number I would appreciate assistance.

Ron Stygar 06-22-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlawlesShot (Post 4289918)
Thanks for the reference. What I need to determine is how the radiator support brackets (pn #17111436264) which supports the radiator via two rubber bumpers attach to the "saddles: on the deflection elements. There must be a part that attaches the radiator support brackets to the brackets on the deflection elements, but I'll be darned if I can find a picture of it, or a part number I would appreciate assistance.

What happened to the part your looking for.

On the MZ4 the rad bracket meets with the car bracket.

FlawlesShot 06-23-2009 03:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A Collision Shop dismantled the front end before I got the car and a number parts, especially the small plastic parts were damaged and thrown away or seem to have disappeared. Can anyone tell me how the radiator bracket attaches to the bracket on the deflection element (car bracket)? The new pictures show that the car brackets have two mounting holes with a "saddle" between them. Apparently there is something that bolts to this "saddle" bracket that the radiator bracket mounts to. Attached are a couple of close-up pictures of the car brackets with the two mounting holes and two pictures of the radiator bracket next to the rubber mounting bumpers that fit into the depression on the mounting bracket. The questions are: " what does the radiator bracket attach to, and: what mounts on the car brackets with the two holes?r Help, anyone?

Ron Stygar 06-23-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlawlesShot (Post 4292092)
A Collision Shop dismantled the front end before I got the car and a number parts, especially the small plastic parts were damaged and thrown away or seem to have disappeared. Can anyone tell me how the radiator bracket attaches to the bracket on the deflection element (car bracket)? The new pictures show that the car brackets have two mounting holes with a "saddle" between them. Apparently there is something that bolts to this "saddle" bracket that the radiator bracket mounts to. Attached are a couple of close-up pictures of the car brackets with the two mounting holes and two pictures of the radiator bracket next to the rubber mounting bumpers that fit into the depression on the mounting bracket. The questions are: " what does the radiator bracket attach to, and: what mounts on the car brackets with the two holes?r Help, anyone?

Did you look at group 41 at realoem?

You would have to order to see or get a car in one piece to look at like at the dealer.

FlawlesShot 06-24-2009 02:28 PM

Yes, I've looked through all the Z4 groups on realoem.com and can't find what I'm looking for. You're absolutely right that if I could find a complete Z4 to look at, I'm sure I could get all my questions answered. However, I don't know of anyone personally who has one I could look at and, understandably, our local BMW dealership isn't excited about taking one of their used Z4s apart (removing the front radiator cover and their dozen or so plastic push fashioners) so I can take a peek. Frustrating!

tunde.1213 07-17-2012 07:35 PM

Hello, I hope everything is going swell. I wanted to see if you were able to figure out what that piece was also what did your body man use to hold the hood latch up?
Thank you in advance for your reply.

Lu66cifer 01-31-2013 06:24 PM

i have a damage radiator core support on the top cross member and the left bracket where can i get a replacement they are too expensive

Mikey48 02-01-2013 04:16 AM

Hey FlawlesShot. Send Otto an email at info@BavAuto.com he knows his BMWs and will help you if he can. Good luck .

Lu66cifer 02-02-2013 12:52 PM

Does anyone know which one is better xenon headlight or the halo projection Is there a difference in between hid xenon n xenon. So confuse