Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1999 - 2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I bit the bullet and ordered the projectors!!! yay! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381220)

MalibuMafiaV 07-06-2009 11:31 AM

I bit the bullet and ordered the projectors!!! yay!

So on my way home on 4th of july.
I drove with just my HID fogs and angel eyes on.... and then switched between my low beams on with them and noticed absolutly no difference.
I said to my self.... well if I can't see **** at night what good are these headlights?
So I contacted Umnitza and ordered the projectors with 6k HIDs.
I will be doing the install sometime this week:).
pictures up soon!
Everything in total shipped was $387 btw if anyone would like to know.
$87 more then DDMtuning.
But at least with Umnitza you have a very good warranty.
Great support and the fact that if you already have angel eyes from them ( like I do ).
You'll know for a fact they'll fit right and everything is under warranty by them:)

Spdu4ia 07-06-2009 11:32 AM

good job... you'll love them!

MalibuMafiaV 07-06-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spdu4ia (Post 4325185)
good job... you'll love them!

Yeah:)
next will be VMR 714 rims with H&R lowering springs and a M3 front lip like yours:).
Then GTR hood then VF supercharger.
I decided the M3 hunt is taking to long and might as well fully mod my car in the mean time.

Latoilette 07-06-2009 12:12 PM

Yay!

Nando779 07-06-2009 12:18 PM

Nice Malibu I am in the market for Angel eyes. So these projectors you purchased are they the whole headlight assembly? I am trying to decide whether to just get Angel Eyes with new lenses or the whole assembly since my lenses are fairly cloudy.

jryguyi 07-06-2009 01:49 PM

i knew you would cave in :thumbup: You'll love them.

MalibuMafiaV 07-06-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nando779 (Post 4325339)
Nice Malibu I am in the market for Angel eyes. So these projectors you purchased are they the whole headlight assembly? I am trying to decide whether to just get Angel Eyes with new lenses or the whole assembly since my lenses are fairly cloudy.

These include everything.
Housing, lenses, ballasts for the HID kit, bulbs, nuts bolts all that good stuff.
I first started it off with just the angel eyes. Which were Orion V2s.
I was VERY happy with them and still are.
But After I recently put on a M3 front with HID fogs. My current hologen housing just doesn't fit the front of the car.. doesn't look right....
I also couldn't see very well at night either.
So that's what made me decided on these. And the help of Jryguyi lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jryguyi (Post 4325636)
i knew you would cave in :thumbup: You'll love them.

Indeed! thanks for helping me out Jry!

smolck 07-06-2009 02:39 PM

$387 shipped? Really.......:eeps:

MalibuMafiaV 07-06-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smolck (Post 4325810)
$387 shipped? Really.......:eeps:

Indeed!:)

Nando779 07-06-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV (Post 4325651)
These include everything.
Housing, lenses, ballasts for the HID kit, bulbs, nuts bolts all that good stuff.
I first started it off with just the angel eyes. Which were Orion V2s.
I was VERY happy with them and still are.
But After I recently put on a M3 front with HID fogs. My current hologen housing just doesn't fit the front of the car.. doesn't look right....
I also couldn't see very well at night either.
So that's what made me decided on these. And the help of Jryguyi lol.

Indeed! thanks for helping me out Jry!

Sorry if I seem a bit slow but did you have Xenons? I am asking this since I am gettting ready to get the M3 bumper as well and I currently have Xenons with foggy lenses haha. I am trying to figure out if the new housing is a good way to go versus getting (or repairing) new lenses with some Orion V2s.

I am looking at these:
http://www.umnitza.com/umnitza-bpred...es-p-1198.html

Also, what do you recommend, Amber, 6000k or 4300k? Thanks!

ThreeTwoFive 07-06-2009 03:04 PM

Finally dude!!
See what I mean about halogens?
just wait untill u get hte projectors on..lol..

jryguyi 07-06-2009 03:17 PM

There on sale $249

conzbmw 07-06-2009 03:26 PM

yeah Im about to upgrade my cracked lenses...So im going to go with the DDM full kit that comes with Projectors, angel eyes, HID kit etc. But I have NO idea as to what there going to look like seeing as their is only one photo on their site...and there are options for the Angel eyes, Bulb color, and HID options...which I have noooo Idea about. 6000K is the highest u can go in Canada without getting a ticket from the pigs.

jryguyi 07-06-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conzbmw (Post 4325944)
yeah Im about to upgrade my cracked lenses...So im going to go with the DDM full kit that comes with Projectors, angel eyes, HID kit etc. But I have NO idea as to what there going to look like seeing as their is only one photo on their site...and there are options for the Angel eyes, Bulb color, and HID options...which I have noooo Idea about. 6000K is the highest u can go in Canada without getting a ticket from the pigs.

6000k is perfect

conzbmw 07-06-2009 03:48 PM

what option on the HID manufacturer would you choose?/Which of the angel eye options are the closest to 6000k? I dont want oem halogen bulbs..

jryguyi 07-06-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conzbmw (Post 4326006)
what option on the HID manufacturer would you choose?/Which of the angel eye options are the closest to 6000k? I dont want oem halogen bulbs..

OEM Xenon System
Xenix Bulbs
Predator Orion V2 Angels

http://www.umnitza.com/umnitza-proje...ing-p-208.html

I feel like the Projector Guru lately :)

conzbmw 07-06-2009 05:16 PM

It doesnt state that it comes with all new housings and lenses..which I need because mine are foggy and cracked..

MalibuMafiaV 07-06-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nando779 (Post 4325862)
Sorry if I seem a bit slow but did you have Xenons? I am asking this since I am gettting ready to get the M3 bumper as well and I currently have Xenons with foggy lenses haha. I am trying to figure out if the new housing is a good way to go versus getting (or repairing) new lenses with some Orion V2s.

I am looking at these:
http://www.umnitza.com/umnitza-bpred...es-p-1198.html

Also, what do you recommend, Amber, 6000k or 4300k? Thanks!

I already had Orion V2 angel eyes.
So I just ordered the projector kit from Umniiza that was on sale for $249.
You can buy lenses seperately for like $40s each or so.
If you want the whole projector housing I'd say either ddmtuning or umnitza.

Quote:

Originally Posted by conzbmw (Post 4325944)

6k is perfect imo.
If you want a HID kit go with ddmtunings.
I have there sfor my fog lights and there great.

JJ3699 07-07-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV (Post 4325180)
I drove with just my HID fogs and angel eyes on.... and then switched between my low beams on with them and noticed absolutly no difference.
I said to my self.... well if I can't see **** at night what good are these headlights?

Very nice justification for getting them, also you will helping out the people of Cali by blinding oncoming traffic (even though it not that bad) :D

Can wait for the new projectors :thumbup:

SeanC 07-07-2009 12:02 PM

They sure are an improvement, but almost all aftermarket projectors are designed for halogen bulbs (not as much wide angle as the OEMs, but they're ok). OEM color is 4300K by the way, light output is better with the 4300Ks than the 6000Ks.

Spdu4ia 07-07-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV (Post 4325194)
Yeah:)
and a M3 front lip like yours:).

:) good luck.. I made my front lip. You can get the carbon splitters but the other part is a 1 off.

MalibuMafiaV 07-07-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spdu4ia (Post 4328388)
:) good luck.. I made my front lip. You can get the carbon splitters but the other part is a 1 off.

Then you shall help me make mine to! lol.

smilez 07-07-2009 12:21 PM

nice can't wait.

MalibuMafiaV 07-07-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smilez (Post 4328401)
nice can't wait.

Smilez I remember a while ago you said you could hook me up with a good deal on a GTR hood like yours and a CF front lip?
Does your offer still stand? :P

smilez 07-07-2009 12:23 PM

gu know it brotha. picking it up in walnut will save you even more.

wait you have preface sedan :( i'll see what i can do.

i know someone that can get you non gtr for sure

http://www.euro-spec.net/store/image...ncfm3hood3.jpg