Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E30 (1982 - 1993) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   LOL rubbin (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393641)

noexceptions325 08-26-2009 12:23 PM

LOL rubbin

so i finally found the downside to my ebach springs/bilstein sport shocks setup... my girlfriend called and asked if i could pick her and a few of her friends up from class this morning, being the gentleman that i am i said said "hell no" but agreed to do it anyways.
Little did i realize that by a few friends she meant 4... and 2 of them were on the hefty side... after they all crammed in, my car was bottomed out in the rear and wasnt happy about driving up the incredibly steep hill back to her apt.
Moral of the story.... NO FAT CHICKS!!!! :rolleyes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories
im buying this sticker

bimmerboy08 08-26-2009 12:38 PM

i have that sticker...one of the larger female members of my euro club really hates it, which makes me like it more.

romeomike 08-26-2009 12:40 PM

About as nasty as I ever want to be

Quote:

Originally Posted by noexceptions325 (Post 4465329)
so i finally found the downside to my ebach springs/bilstein sport shocks setup... my girlfriend called and asked if i could pick her and a few of her friends up from class this morning, being the gentleman that i am i said said "hell no" but agreed to do it anyways.
Little did i realize that by a few friends she meant 4... and 2 of them were on the hefty side... after they all crammed in, my car was bottomed out in the rear and wasnt happy about driving up the incredibly steep hill back to her apt.
Moral of the story.... NO FAT CHICKS!!!! :rolleyes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories
im buying this sticker

Your story puts a twist on the thought "I want to lower my car." :)

You might make an exception if they get out and help push your car up the hill. :D

noexceptions325 08-26-2009 12:52 PM

LOL i'll pick them up in my Lifted f150 next time... it will prolly take 50 of her friends to make it rub HAHA

downhiller 08-26-2009 01:01 PM

i have that rule in all my vehicles

bimmerboy08 08-26-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downhiller (Post 4465524)
i have that rule in all my vehicles

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

kamotors 08-26-2009 02:06 PM

I took out my back seat because I didn't want to have to drive one of my friends fat friend to lunch:)

noexceptions325 08-26-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamotors (Post 4465789)
I took out my back seat because I didn't want to have to drive one of my friends fat friend to lunch:)

This is a smart man :thumbup:

PhilipWOT 08-26-2009 02:46 PM

My gf weighs 105lbs and I still scrape everywhere. :(

Eight Thirty 08-26-2009 03:19 PM

make her stop eating phillip

fcsteve 08-26-2009 11:34 PM

should read " no fat chicks, my suspension is crap" :thumbdwn: its not something id brag about :dunno:

i had my rear seats out and people still insisted on sitting on my bare interior. i had 2 of my bigger friends chillin on my back seat as well as a friend in the passenger floor and never scraped

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...0000900000.jpg

couldnt fit your fingrs between where the tire was up in my fenders. even on full turns it would only scrape if the car was full of people and there were reasonable bumps during the turn.

proper suspension is key.

anstead610 08-26-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcsteve (Post 4467130)
should read " no fat chicks, my suspension is crap" :thumbdwn: its not something id brag about :dunno:

i had my rear seats out and people still insisted on sitting on my bare interior. i had 2 of my bigger friends chillin on my back seat as well as a friend in the passenger floor and never scraped

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...0000900000.jpg

couldnt fit your fingrs between where the tire was up in my fenders. even on full turns it would only scrape if the car was full of people and there were reasonable bumps during the turn.

proper suspension is key.

i dont remember your car ever scraping? **** was way too solid. tried killing me with the screw chillin down from the roof.

fcsteve 08-27-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anstead610 (Post 4467137)
i dont remember your car ever scraping? **** was way too solid. tried killing me with the screw chillin down from the roof.

you werent in the car when it was me, jwills, chubs, pat and dave all up in my car. seating arrangement was .. fruity .. to say the least. :rofl:

i forgot about the random screw up there. killer nail in the roof wasnt an issue to me .. i was never my passenger :p

anstead610 08-27-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcsteve (Post 4467153)
you werent in the car when it was me, jwills, chubs, pat and dave all up in my car. seating arrangement was .. fruity .. to say the least. :rofl:

i forgot about the random screw up there. killer nail in the roof wasnt an issue to me .. i was never my passenger :p

didnt say i was with you then. but when i was in the black car i never heard any rubbing even when you nailed potholes and bottomed the oil pan out on everything

fcsteve 08-27-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anstead610 (Post 4467154)
didnt say i was with you then. but when i was in the black car i never heard any rubbing even when you nailed potholes and bottomed the oil pan out on everything

oil pan is a seperate issue :rofl:

yes my oil pan was on the ground. couldnt get into alot of stores parking lots including the bank across from mcdonalds and hess in allentown. my car would literally stop dead on the oil pan. stern thought i broke down trying to get into that bank. but in actuality my oil pan just met the ground and literally stopped my car from going forewards. floored it and just spun tires, had to reverse out and have her walk up to the bank .. good times :rofl:

to anyone reading .. no i have never blown an oil pan. not once, not even a crack.

downhiller 08-27-2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcsteve (Post 4467164)
to anyone reading .. no i have never blown an oil pan. not once, not even a crack.

neither did i, and i had on stock springs. its all a matter of hitting the bumps correctly or missing them

_Ethrty-Andy_ 08-27-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downhiller (Post 4467279)
neither did i, and i had on stock springs. its all a matter of hitting the bumps correctly or missing them

well i should hope so if the car was on stock springs!

when my car was fully slammed i used to scrape something, somewhere, on every single drive. there are scratches on my oil pan but its not cracked, and ive hit it pretty hard a couple of times.

i ripped the muffler off my car one day because i challenged a really agressive speed bump, and forgot the muffler is the lowest part of my car at 40mm abouve the ground. fully ripped the thing right off the exhaust pipe. drove the 20km drive back to my house with the unrestrained sound of german engineering!

noexceptions325 08-27-2009 08:10 PM

never scraped... but i bottomed out on a speedbump... my suspension is good.. i love not having the freaking body roll like it did before... Im really wasted right now :) i love being a jr in college