Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 E83 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   The official PPXWY thread. (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407528)

X3-terrestrial 10-24-2009 09:53 PM

The official PPXWY thread.
 
Here, I created this thread just for you, so you can feel free and complain all you want here and don't ruin other threads! :thumbup:

Take it away.

rick chi-town-2 10-24-2009 10:04 PM

X3-terr... good call! Love it... I hope he or she (PP) enjoys the freedom to b*tch, b*tch, b*tch!! and no one has to click on the thread or read it.

Supercourse 10-24-2009 11:45 PM

But just in case anyone is reading this,

I find it interesting that the same phenomena happens for other makes of cars on other forums.

Not to the same extent, but the pattern is the same:
- buyer of new car finds not everything is to their expectation
- seem to have more than their fair share of bugs, delivery faults, etc.
- their dealer does not appear to be willing or able to fix them

Here is a sample from a forum relating to a well-known Japanese brand.
The OP lists 7 problems, or perceived problems, with his car.
As the OP is not as eloquent as PPPXYZ, I felt the need to edit out needless bad language, etc., so am safe in reproducing it here without attribution or permission.

I really hate this car. The only thing i like about the car is the panoramic side view of it. But other than that they can have it back.

This car is garbage and because of it i will never buy another #*#*#* again. Sorry guys. PEACE!


SOME RESPONSES
- Sounds like you just got a bad car. I have never had any of these problems.

- Ride one on out then. Looks like someone did not do enough research, bought a car only in production a little over a year and expected no issues?
Did you even test drive it to see if you would like the way it handled and if the CVT was something you could live with?
Agreed that tire wear on the Bridgstone is rapid but grip and wet traction are acceptable. Tread wear of 320 should give a clue to how long they last.
PS. The car might be locking you out because it don't like the way you treat it.

- I don't see reason for half of your argument. Why would you put money in to something that you hate so much? Go trade it in for a new car dude..

- stop ranting and raving and get your stuff fixed

- should've done your research/test driven the car....

- I'm gonna toss you a bone and side with you on on some of your issues ......
from the sounds of the other points you probably got a lemon.
Regarding the CVT, I don't really care for mine either, I like the fuel efficiency it provides but really can't say I like anything else about it, but it's liveable

Sounds familiar? Maybe Dr. Phil should do a TV show on this phenomena, so he can guide people on how to best deal with the situation.

HT417 10-25-2009 04:40 AM

Waiting...
 
: popcorn:. Please don't disappoint - I just popped two bags.

UncleJ 10-25-2009 07:36 AM

Well, I hate the ride in my '06 X3 over rough roads too!:mad: No surprise here from faithful readers of this forum. I was bitterly dissapointed in the car after I bought it but realizing I had no one to blame but myself for not driving it over nasty roads I am living with it. The only reason I still have it is that the car has been bulletproof. Virtually no problems at all in almost 48K miles.:thumbup: I still hate the ride:yikes: and when I do get another car you can bet I will take it over the bad bits first before I enjoy the smooth freeway driving.:angel: Thanks to X3t for creating this thread to allow us disaffected types a place to vent without hijacking some enthusiast's glowing testimonial.

codog2 10-25-2009 08:00 AM

PPXWY needs one of these threads for edmunds townhall, xoutpost, bimmerboards, etc -same rants over there

minicrazy592 10-25-2009 02:46 PM

Excuse me while I :rofl:

PPXYZ 10-25-2009 03:14 PM

Schadenfreude and denial
 
It is really too bad that some people simply don't know what a really good car is like.

It is also interesting that those who get their back up because other people do not share their opinion of a car they have never even seen much less driven complain endlessly about posts they could simply ignore.

Evlengr 10-26-2009 08:16 AM

Sorry folks, but I have to speak out against this post.

As much as I disagree with some of PPXYZ's approach, I have to say this is beneath the caliber of this forum to single out a person this way.

x3ml 10-26-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 4629601)
Sorry folks, but I have to speak out against this post.

As much as I disagree with some of PPXYZ's approach, I have to say this is beneath the caliber of this forum to single out a person this way.

+1

I also think it's not right to put someone in the corner. May be that's why X3t put PPX"W"Y as the thread title.

But, I gotta feeling (woo hoo) that PPXYZ is not from the U.S...

That would explain a lot of things. This is just pure speculation, no offense to anyone.

X3-terrestrial 10-26-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x3ml (Post 4629674)
May be that's why X3t put PPX"W"Y as the thread title.

;)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 4629601)
Sorry folks, but I have to speak out against this post.

As much as I disagree with some of PPXYZ's approach, I have to say this is beneath the caliber of this forum to single out a person this way.



So some "new" member has the right to ruin the majority of the threads on the forum, but a fully contributing member has no right to try and do something about it? I don't understand.
Several folks, including you have tried to persuade him to stop, (on several threads) with no positive outcome.

Evlengr 10-26-2009 11:32 AM

Right Idea, Wrong Approach
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by X3-terrestrial (Post 4629811)
;)


So some "new" member has the right to ruin the majority of the threads on the forum, but a fully contributing member has no right to try and do something about it? I don't understand.
Several folks, including you have tried to persuade him to stop, (on several threads) with no positive outcome.

I just don't think singling some one out like this is appropriate.

I agree that s/he has overstepped the boundaries of good ettiquette on several occasions, but that is for the moderator to decide. Nudge nudge.


We have a saying in my family, "Right Idea, Wrong Approach".

PPXYZ 10-26-2009 11:36 AM

Hiding is good for what? Will that ever make a car better? Will that solve the problems?

This was the state of the American car industry in the last century. Head in sand.

Yes, that really helps.

X3-terrestrial 10-26-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 4630098)
but that is for the moderator to decide. Nudge nudge.


ok, let's leave this one to a moderator as well...;)

UncleJ 10-27-2009 08:10 AM

I remember a long time ago when some folks were "down" on Evl when he was a lone voice in the wilderness complaining about the dreaded '07 transmission problem:mad: We all know how that worked out -- well actually nothing seemed to get done, but at least a sticky was posted with huge numbers so people were at least warned. I kind of look at PPX as someone whose problems we all could have, and have had to varying degrees. For that I applaud his bringing these to the collective attention of the members here.:thumbup:. If his posts help one member identify a problem with their X3 and keep an SA from gaffing them off, then it would have been worth it IMHO.:angel:

Evlengr 10-27-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleJ (Post 4632615)
I remember a long time ago when some folks were "down" on Evl when he was a lone voice in the wilderness complaining about the dreaded '07 transmission problem:mad: We all know how that worked out -- well actually nothing seemed to get done, but at least a sticky was posted with huge numbers so people were at least warned. I kind of look at PPX as someone whose problems we all could have, and have had to varying degrees. For that I applaud his bringing these to the collective attention of the members here.:thumbup:. If his posts help one member identify a problem with their X3 and keep an SA from gaffing them off, then it would have been worth it IMHO.:angel:


Something got done....we all just have NDA's :angel:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Think about all the times BMW or an SA has said,

"Never heard of that before"

"You are the first person to have this problem"

"It must be the way you drive"


etc.....



If not for the out spoken some people may have actually bought that malarky.

However, facts and actions taken should be part of the process, not all shouting.

That is how I eventually resolved my situation.

PPXYZ please tell us what another mechanic, lawyer, BMWNA representative, etc has said with respect to this situation. We want to help, but your approach does not make it easy :stickpoke

x3ml 10-27-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 4632690)
...However, facts and actions taken should be part of the process, not all shouting.

That is how I eventually resolved my situation...

The record shows that many got their tranny problems "resolved" ONLY by invoking their Lemon Law rights, this include KJ, EVL, hunterz4 and countless other who benefited by having this insight. I am always here since before the sticky was created, with over a dozen visits, all together over 50 days in the shop, 9 software updates and numerous hardware swaps over the 2 and a half year period; but with only limited success on fixing all of the underlying issues.

The X3 I am driving is the perfect specimen of what would have happen to these people had there been no Lemon Laws in the U.S. .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 4632690)
PPXYZ please tell us what another mechanic, lawyer, BMWNA representative, etc has said with respect to this situation. We want to help, but your approach does not make it easy :stickpoke ...

PPXYZ, please come in!

PPXYZ 10-27-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 4632690)
Something got done....we all just have NDA's :angel:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Think about all the times BMW or an SA has said,

"Never heard of that before"

"You are the first person to have this problem"

"It must be the way you drive"


etc.....



If not for the out spoken some people may have actually bought that malarky.

However, facts and actions taken should be part of the process, not all shouting.

That is how I eventually resolved my situation.

PPXYZ please tell us what another mechanic, lawyer, BMWNA representative, etc has said with respect to this situation. We want to help, but your approach does not make it easy :stickpoke

1. When I ride with them, they can feel the problems enough to bring it into the shop and look at it for a couple of days. When they ride by themselves they can't feel it any longer.

2. From their POV, this is how ALL new X3's they have in their lot drive...in that case...OMG. Note: This actually couldn't be true because even my car does these things intermittently. If it was designed this way then it would do these things all the time.

3. It isn't just the transmission which is nuts, it is also the bouncing suspension and now a brand new problem that is so dangerous, it could have led to a serious accident except for sheer luck. We'll see what happens on that score.

UncleJ 10-27-2009 12:31 PM

Evl, you forgot "your not driving it enough" excuse. In truth this one is usually seen on the X5 board when complaining about a dead battery after parking at the airport for 3 days. Fess up a little here, I remember one of your first posts where there was a lot of "shouting". In fact, I responded with "you will catch more flies with honey than vinegar" as I recall. So everyone is entitled to a little venting IMHO.

x3ml 10-27-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPXYZ (Post 4633342)
1. When I ride with them, they can feel the problems enough to bring it into the shop and look at it for a couple of days. When they ride by themselves they can't feel it any longer.

2. From their POV, this is how ALL new X3's they have in their lot drive...in that case...OMG. Note: This actually couldn't be true because even my car does these things intermittently. If it was designed this way then it would do these things all the time.

3. It isn't just the transmission which is nuts, it is also the bouncing suspension and now a brand new problem that is so dangerous, it could have led to a serious accident except for sheer luck. We'll see what happens on that score.

1. Happened to me too, I am with you.

2. If they said it was designed to be like that, they were lying. Some has the symptoms, some not, yours are like mine: many symptoms are intermittent, some days are better... I have already answer this in another post. The way they told me is that my remaining symptoms are "common". (I can't argue with this!)

3. When the transmission in my X3 is "acting up", I hate the suspension too. When the transmission is fine, I don't hate the suspension. I think this is the phenomenon.

4. PPXYZ, can you answer MORE to this question? - "PPXYZ please tell us what another mechanic, lawyer, BMWNA representative, etc has said with respect to this situation." Did you find the lawyer yet?

enamoured 10-27-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPXYZ (Post 4633342)
1. When I ride with them, they can feel the problems enough to bring it into the shop and look at it for a couple of days. When they ride by themselves they can't feel it any longer.

2. From their POV, this is how ALL new X3's they have in their lot drive...in that case...OMG. Note: This actually couldn't be true because even my car does these things intermittently. If it was designed this way then it would do these things all the time.

3. It isn't just the transmission which is nuts, it is also the bouncing suspension and now a brand new problem that is so dangerous, it could have led to a serious accident except for sheer luck. We'll see what happens on that score.

And this is the N-th time you have repeated the same thing, to us and I am sure to the SA. Obviously you are not getting anywhere with your dealer, what we are asking and advising you is to do something about it. Get your car inspected and a report written by an independent mechanic, hire a lemon law attorney. Just saying that "my X3 is rubbish" won't make it run properly or make other X3s ride bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by x3ml (Post 4633431)
4. PPXYZ, can you answer MORE to this question? - "PPXYZ please tell us what another mechanic, lawyer, BMWNA representative, etc has said with respect to this situation." Did you find the lawyer yet?

+1. You are in USA and are protected by Lemon Law unlike us up in North where BMW does not participate in that program. In all honesty, I feel sorry for you but at the same time crying alone hasn't fixed any issue for anyone.

Evlengr 10-27-2009 04:34 PM

Why Not?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleJ (Post 4633421)
Evl, you forgot "your not driving it enough" excuse. In truth this one is usually seen on the X5 board when complaining about a dead battery after parking at the airport for 3 days. Fess up a little here, I remember one of your first posts where there was a lot of "shouting". In fact, I responded with "you will catch more flies with honey than vinegar" as I recall. So everyone is entitled to a little venting IMHO.

Agreed, and I like to think I took some good advice :) and learned to move things forward.

I will paraphrase: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I found that the dealer would point the finger at BMWNA and BMWNA would in turn point back at the dealer. I literally was spinning my wheels.

The solution was a third party (aka lawyer, independent mechanic, etc..) and detailed documentation.

PPXWZ we have yet to hear that you have pursued this route.

Plan and simple: WHY NOT?
:dunno:

cubed 10-28-2009 10:23 AM

time out
 
I saw this thread and frankly was surprised it hasnt been yanked. I certainly have been known to call BS when I thought someone was complaining too much or just being a pr1ck. But this thread really is an attack on an individual. That crosses a line in my mind. So although I have grown very tired of PP complaining about the same stuff over and over again, I just have gotten to the point where I ignore it. Hopefully PP will get the message that no one really wants to hear the same stuff ad nauseum, but I think this thread goes way overboard. Sorry.

Evlengr 10-28-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubed (Post 4635984)
I saw this thread and frankly was surprised it hasnt been yanked. I certainly have been known to call BS when I thought someone was complaining too much or just being a pr1ck. But this thread really is an attack on an individual. That crosses a line in my mind. So although I have grown very tired of PP complaining about the same stuff over and over again, I just have gotten to the point where I ignore it. Hopefully PP will get the message that no one really wants to hear the same stuff ad nauseum, but I think this thread goes way overboard. Sorry.


Said that from the git go, but trying to put a positive spin on it.

cubed 10-28-2009 11:27 AM

I know you did Evl and coming from you that is important given what you went thru with your transmission issues and the complaints you had. I just want to echo that while I think PPxyz abuses the forum a little with the constant rants and no particular ability to move things forward either in his posts or with his complaints, starting a thread just to single out this particular user is also inappropriate and ultimately diminishes us all. (did I really just say that?)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms