Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 E83 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   CD player eject... (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427947)

kps88 01-22-2010 09:37 AM

CD player eject...

Hi everyone,
I just purchased a 06 X3 and noticed when pressing the eject button on the CD player, the CD barely comes out and it seems like I have to really tug at it to get it out.
Is this normal? I have had other CD players and none seem to work this way. Thanks in advance.

AzNMpower32 01-22-2010 07:07 PM

No, this is not normal. However, the cost of replacing the entire headunit is costly.

Evlengr 01-22-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kps88 (Post 4870299)
Hi everyone,
I just purchased a 06 X3 and noticed when pressing the eject button on the CD player, the CD barely comes out and it seems like I have to really tug at it to get it out.
Is this normal? I have had other CD players and none seem to work this way. Thanks in advance.

Would cost you about $350-$400 to have a nice after market fully installed wiring harness and all. Don't let the nay sayers fool you. No wires or facing need be cut.

H/U $200
Install $125 give or take
Harness and faceplate $50.
steering harness control interface and install about $120.

Can give you many options should you decide to go this route.

The sound will be technically and imo 10 x better than even the premium system.

X3emist 01-23-2010 07:31 AM

Dealer will replace if still under warranty

had my radio unit replaced just this week

kps88 01-23-2010 10:10 AM

Thanks for the information...

odd this issue should arise. last week I stopped by the BMW dealer and noted the seek button was not working properly (I had not yet used a CD), they ordered me a new one (cd/radio). It is already in, so this new player should then take care of the CD eject issue.:)

I can't use a diff player because I have the bluetooth, it is linked with the radio. I assume an aftermarket would not be "paired" with the bluetooth...correct?

ducx3 01-23-2010 12:08 PM

That's interesting. Any know about aftermarket and BT? Will an aftermarket unit switch to BT when a call comes in? One thing I CAN'T STAND!!!!! is the fact the when I have the GPS on my phone running along with BT connection to the X3, I can't hear anything, no voice commands, etc... But no problems when a voice call comes in though.

Evlengr 01-23-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kps88 (Post 4873333)
Thanks for the information...

odd this issue should arise. last week I stopped by the BMW dealer and noted the seek button was not working properly (I had not yet used a CD), they ordered me a new one (cd/radio). It is already in, so this new player should then take care of the CD eject issue.:)

I can't use a diff player because I have the bluetooth, it is linked with the radio. I assume an aftermarket would not be "paired" with the bluetooth...correct?

Nope---mine has bluetooth, but not BMW's connect. I throw my phone in the car and it connects. Phone call comes in and music pads down 20 db. Answer call and it music mutes.

kps88 01-23-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 4873590)
Nope---mine has bluetooth, but not BMW's connect. I throw my phone in the car and it connects. Phone call comes in and music pads down 20 db. Answer call and it music mutes.

oh, so an after market CD player will still have the same functions except where it just states "phone" on the cd player...but that is not important. good to know. thanks!:)

BMW4ALL 01-25-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 4872408)
Would cost you about $350-$400 to have a nice after market fully installed wiring harness and all. Don't let the nay sayers fool you. No wires or facing need be cut.

H/U $200
Install $125 give or take
Harness and faceplate $50.
steering harness control interface and install about $120.

Can give you many options should you decide to go this route.

The sound will be technically and imo 10 x better than even the premium system.

I would appreciate some recommendations. Brought my son's X-3 to the dealer with CD player not working. They wanted $1040 for a new unit including $140 to "program" it. LOL.

thayerV 01-26-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 4873590)

The only complaint I have with my X3 is the lack of direct iPod integration. I can't count the number of times I've forgotten to pause my iPod when a call has come in. Let alone the number of times I've shut the car off and left the iPod playing all night.

My question is:

If I change stereo's do I lose the ability to scroll the phone book and place calls from the steering wheel, and do the voice commands still work?