Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Challenge ? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429581)

bokmeipai 01-28-2010 07:18 PM

Challenge ?

I love my 6 but does anyone experience this or is it just me? Do you get challenged by other cars when stopped at stoplight or driving ? I don't experience this when I drive my 3 series or my Lexus but it happens alot when I drive my 6.

650 Ryder 01-28-2010 07:55 PM

I'm sure we all go through this. Here is your answer....the other driver has a thirst to know what you know about the 6.....don't let the secret out. Keep the true performance of the Ultimate Driving Machine in house with it's members. That gets to 'em more than the space you would put in between them and you on the next curve ahead :thumbup:....Phil

JESMAL 01-28-2010 08:40 PM

Yeah, he's right. Let them be. Lets face it, despite the 6er being a competent GT, it's no super car so there's bound to be tons of cars faster than ours. I agree it gets to them fools more when you turn down their offer to race.

chasz17 01-29-2010 04:13 AM

I've owned mine for three months now. I tell you what I have a problem with: Every patrol officer loves hitting me with RADAR and Laser. I just came back from a trip from New Hampshire to Western Connecticut and must have gotten laser tagged at least seven times. In the past with my 330Cic I can't remember once. The cruise control was locked in at 71MPH. Locally, it is a real pain in the ass with the instant on RADAR every time. By the way, I haven't received a ticket in 30 years.

Leslierc 01-29-2010 05:19 AM

Some (no one here of course!) may feel otherwise but, in my opinion, the 6 is one of those automobiles that just appears fast even when at a dead standstill, not to mention its jaw-dropping good looks!

chasz17 01-29-2010 06:17 AM

Leslierc, you're right. I guess I'll have to behave myself and be very careful.

pablo645 01-29-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bokmeipai (Post 4889488)
I love my 6 but does anyone experience this or is it just me? Do you get challenged by other cars when stopped at stoplight or driving ? I don't experience this when I drive my 3 series or my Lexus but it happens alot when I drive my 6.

Have you ever pulled up to someone and wanted to challenge them in your 6? I would assume no. So what that tells me is that others see you but you don't see them :D That's what happens when you have the 6 man, it's a magnet but what should set you apart from the crowd is the fact that they want to test you, which makes you "DA MAN" :D

3Pedals_6Speeds 01-29-2010 02:46 PM

I don't get the challenges at the lights as much as I seem to attract a lot of aggressive driving out on the roads. I can be tooling along at 5-6 over the speed limit along with the rest of traffic and pass someone along with the rest of the crowd and the next thing I know they're speeding up, coming aside, looking over etc..... i know it's not me because you can't see into the car, so it must just be the car itself.

DaKoren 01-29-2010 07:04 PM

I just laugh now, no need to get out the proverbial tape measure with someone driving *insert car with coffee can exhaust* and trying to race between the lights.