Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mobile Electronics and Lighting (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Enhanced Premium Sound/Logic7 Plug 'n Play Trunk Subwoofer Harness (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433525)

Technic 02-13-2010 07:57 AM

Enhanced Premium Sound/Logic7 Plug 'n Play Trunk Subwoofer Harness
 
As a quick and efficient solution for those that would like to either add a trunk sub or replace the OEM woofers with SWS-8 (or doing both), this is a custom made, plug 'n play complete harness with a built in, 150W max Navone LOC -custom made for this particular application- with remote turn on signal output right at the harness itself -no need to run a remote wire from the cabin.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...i/DSCF0178.jpg

This harness connects between the OEM amp and the OEM audio connector using OEM connectors, wires are properly soldered and labeled so no OEM wires need to be cut, spliced or tapped cut. Just plug it and add the amp. Navone LOC takes care of the Logic7 high power woofer outputs, so interface with any aftermarket amp is guaranteed.

Quantities are very limited as this is just a test of the potential market of a harness like this. It can be also used in 1-, 3-Series and X5/X6 Individual Audio/Premium systems.

Price: $75 thru PayPal shipped in the USA, 1 year warranty in case of defects or malfunctions. Warranty void if harness is modified in any way.

vancura 05-17-2010 01:17 PM

harness for L7 amp
 
Hi Technic,

I am new to the form as I just got my '07 E90 335i with the L7 audio system and Nav w/iDrive. I am interested in your harness. I want to add a Infinity Basslink II from my previous install into my current 335. I assume this harness breaks out the sub ch's speaker level signals going to the 2 BMW subs under the seats, is that correct? Is this the best way to access the signal to add a trunk sub? I guess there are no un-eq'd line level signals available right? Sorry about all the questions. I would be interested in buying your harness if you think it is the best solution for me. Can you give me ordering details?

Thanks,
Tony

Technic 05-17-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vancura (Post 5189523)
Hi Technic,

I am new to the form as I just got my '07 E90 335i with the L7 audio system and Nav w/iDrive. I am interested in your harness. I want to add a Infinity Basslink II from my previous install into my current 335. I assume this harness breaks out the sub ch's speaker level signals going to the 2 BMW subs under the seats, is that correct?

Hi Tony

Correct, it takes the high level (70W up to 150W depending on OEM amp) woofer signals from the OEM amp and converts them into low level signals (4V). A signal sensing remote turn on 12V wire is also included.

Quote:

Is this the best way to access the signal to add a trunk sub? I guess there are no un-eq'd line level signals available right? Sorry about all the questions. I would be interested in buying your harness if you think it is the best solution for me. Can you give me ordering details?

Thanks,
Tony
This is the best way if you do not want to cut any OEM wires. In your particular case you can either remove the LOC in the harness and connect the Basslink directly to it or just use the LOC as it is. The Basslink accepts both high and low level signals and it has its own signal sensing turn on. Is up to you... :thumbup:

Please send PM for details.

Technic 05-17-2010 04:34 PM

Made several improvements to the original harness to make it as close as OEM as possible:

- no wire splicing between connectors
- 12AWG wires used in the woofers connections, so they can be used with SWS-8 custom applications
- removable LOC

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...DSCF0219-1.jpg

Price is $85 shipped. Please PM for details. :thumbup:

Technic 05-19-2010 10:00 AM

Bump... :thumbup:

dmg187 05-19-2010 04:09 PM

very nice harness
 
Technic:

Would this work the same in my 2008 550i with Logic7? I have several amps and subs laying around and would like to add an amp and sub, but I don't want to re-wire the whole car. (as was my vice in all prior vehicles!)

Will the factory subs still be functioning with this setup?

Will there need to be any special tuning done to the Logic7, or will i just need to add a sub-level control to my system? I never had to do that b/c I have always used an aftermarket EQ with level controls on it... I dont want the subs to over-power the system.

Finally, why do you use female RCA ends on the LOC? Oh, nevermind, I guess b/c that way we can use a male-to-male extension....

Thanks for any response.:thumbup:

1bad540 05-19-2010 06:48 PM

any chance of one for the 750 e65???

Technic 05-23-2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmg187 (Post 5195866)
Technic:

Would this work the same in my 2008 550i with Logic7? I have several amps and subs laying around and would like to add an amp and sub, but I don't want to re-wire the whole car. (as was my vice in all prior vehicles!)

According to the OEM amp P/N, the 5-Series uses the same amplifier in the Logic7 version as the 3-Series, so my harness should fully work:

http://static.bmwfans.info/images/epc/MTYwNTA1X3A=.png

If you can take a photo of the connectors of your amp I will be able to tell you if this will work or not for sure.

Quote:

Will the factory subs still be functioning with this setup?
Yes.

Quote:

Will there need to be any special tuning done to the Logic7, or will i just need to add a sub-level control to my system? I never had to do that b/c I have always used an aftermarket EQ with level controls on it... I dont want the subs to over-power the system.
No special tuning as this harness is for a trunk sub. The aftermarket amp of your choosing will provide the sub control.

Quote:

Finally, why do you use female RCA ends on the LOC? Oh, nevermind, I guess b/c that way we can use a male-to-male extension....
Thanks for any response.:thumbup:
I like it when questions are answered by themselves... :D

Technic 05-23-2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1bad540 (Post 5196353)
any chance of one for the 750 e65???

The 7-Series uses a different Premium amp than the 3-Series...

Technic 05-30-2010 06:41 AM

Bump... :thumbup:

Dirk0 05-30-2010 09:59 PM

Free bump. PM sent.

Technic 05-31-2010 04:31 AM

PM replied... :thumbup:

Technic 06-01-2010 01:35 PM

Bump... :thumbup:

Technic 06-08-2010 03:22 AM

Bump... :thumbup:

Technic 06-11-2010 04:05 AM

Bump... :thumbup:

Technic 06-20-2010 11:09 AM

Harness was installed in a E60 with Logic7 and it worked nicely... :thumbup:

Dirk0 06-20-2010 10:03 PM

Free bump.

Harness was used on a E60 without the Logic7 system with NO ISSUES once the small bugs were worked out. I have tested the system and I'm still doing some testing....but everything is working great. I have been working with Technic for a few weeks now and he has some specs of different amp's and subs I've tested with pics.

I'll let him post the pics if he wants, or we can put together a full time line with pics of the install. Not my call, this is Technic's thread.

Technic 06-21-2010 06:26 PM

Thanks... :thumbup:

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9996/dsc03116d.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2286/dsc03120b.jpg

Dirk0 06-22-2010 11:24 AM

In my earlier post, I stated "small bugs". Well, it was just research needed to make this work properly on a car that did not have the Logic7. The longest part of everything was shipping parts back and forth during this testing. Technic can now support either system you may have. It is all plug and play and EXTREMELY SIMPLE.

Technic 06-28-2010 05:01 PM

:thumbup:

Technic 07-10-2010 07:02 PM

Bump...

Technic 07-22-2010 11:37 AM

Bump...

hanggaw 08-06-2010 08:13 PM

Hello. I am new to the forums. I have a 2007 BMW 335i with Logic 7. I am wondering if you have another version of the harness available, e.g. outlet to front speakers and subs. Thanks.

Technic 08-07-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanggaw (Post 5377769)
Hello. I am new to the forums. I have a 2007 BMW 335i with Logic 7. I am wondering if you have another version of the harness available, e.g. outlet to front speakers and subs. Thanks.

What you want to do?

hanggaw 08-08-2010 06:42 AM

I am planning to do my upgrade in stages. I will probably upgrade the subs under the seats first with the sws-8 and an old 4channel MTX amp. Then i am planning to do the front door speakers. I am interested in a HU recode but not sure if it can be reversed if i don't like it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms