Welcome! Before making your first post on Bimmerfest, please read this
Welcome to Bimmerfest, and more specifically the E65/E66 7 Series forum.
You are welcome to discuss your 7 and anyone else's 7 freely, but please be aware that there is certain behavior that the rest of us on the board prefer, which may or may not get you kicked out. Most of the time unless you go way over the top (which has actually happened a lot lately, unfortunately) you will not be kicked off. But still keep these preferences in mind if you do not want to be treated worse than you expected coming into the forums.
- If you do not own a 7 series, you are not inferior to us. Just list what car(s) you do own in your profile and/or signature, and we will treat you like another member of the forum. If you do not own a 7 series and your signature says otherwise, we will find out and you will be treated like crap. There's no shame in not owning a 7er and yes you can chat with us if you don't own one.
- We LOVE to see pictures of your 7 when (a) you just bought a 7 and are posting about it (b) you are a previous 7 owner and are introducing yourself for the first time on these forums (c) you are asking a question about a topic in which pictures will definitely help s a lot (d) you received a new upgrade on your 7
- Use the search function if you have a question that you believe may be general in any way. If the previous topics do not answer your question, they should surely answer part of it. If after that you still need help, post the specifics of your situation in a new post or a related one. This will help us try to aid you in the specifics of the problem faster and easier, without having to explain all the general details that have been asked many times.
- Yes, there are some young 7 series owners on these forums. So what? Until you know someone's age for sure, do not make false assumptions. Even when you do find out someone's age, it doesn't matter. If they own a 7 series I'm sure they have a reason for it: old or young. Keep things on-topic.
- Do NOT blow up in an internet-created mini-hissy-fit. Your thread WILL be closed, and/or deleted, and your account may or may not be banned, depending on how pathetic your rant is.
Enjoy your time at Bimmerfest and you will not be let down by the greatness of our community (especially the 7 series one) if you follow these pointers.
P. S.: Do not go crying to the forum moderators if you do not follow these simple recommendations. They will not help you. Instead they will ban you if you lie about owning a Bimmer and/or flip out on a contributing member unexpectedly.
Well said. We had a similar message before, but it's worth repeating.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:14 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms