Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X1 E84 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   X1 is here in Australia (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443721)

SilverX3 03-25-2010 03:47 PM

X1 is here in Australia
 
I book my testdrive tomorrow at 2pm

X1-20D Version

SilverX3 04-13-2010 09:28 PM

came back from another test drive of an X1 20D Auto

The car had only 378km so engine still stiff and power is not there at under 3000rpm

Ride is high up, it drives like a jack up 1 series

Steering wheel is lighter than 3 series

for a Diesel car Noise suppression is pretty good

Interior quality ... too many rough edges ... so it's not Audi quality, it's BMW bean Counter influenced quality (another word... it's a bit SH!T)

They gave me a coprorate programme price (incl. 2year free servicing)

X1 20D
Sport seats
Sun roof
Trim upgrade (from polished black to Timber)
White & non metallic
Standard 17" skinny wheels (I have a set of 19" so will immediately upgrade to 19" after driving home)

$63,000 Aust $

AzNMpower32 04-16-2010 07:01 AM

Well, it seems like the X1 is intended to take the place of the outgoing X3 as the "entry level" SAV, so its not surprising that they cut corners a bit. X3 is supposed to move a bit more upmarket.

06BMWX3 04-16-2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 (Post 5108602)
Well, it seems like the X1 is intended to take the place of the outgoing X3 as the "entry level" SAV, so its not surprising that they cut corners a bit. X3 is supposed to move a bit more upmarket.


Yeah, that is what I also think. The more it goes, the more it seems my next SUV will be the Audi Q5 to replace my X3 in 2 years......

I like the exterior of the X1, but not so much the interior, while the Q5 has a superb interior. And the new X3 is to big for my needs.

SilverX3 04-21-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06BMWX3 (Post 5108627)
Yeah, that is what I also think. The more it goes, the more it seems my next SUV will be the Audi Q5 to replace my X3 in 2 years......

I like the exterior of the X1, but not so much the interior, while the Q5 has a superb interior. And the new X3 is to big for my needs.

wait for the new peugeot 3008

same diesel engine as X1, cheaper and better interior

AzNMpower32 04-21-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverX3 (Post 5123912)
wait for the new peugeot 3008

same diesel engine as X1, cheaper and better interior

And less reliable. And depreciation faster than shoving a piano off the Opera House.

06BMWX3 04-22-2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 (Post 5123981)
And less reliable. And depreciation faster than shoving a piano off the Opera House.

LOL, but we dont get Peugeot in Canada anyways. And the only Diesel option we have is the Touareg and X5, which are way to big for my needs....


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms