Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   3 Series / 4 Series (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Finally picked her up on Saturday! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45077)

Fritz 11-04-2003 08:16 AM

Finally picked her up on Saturday!

Well, after endless waiting, I finally picked up my new '04 Silver Gray 325i. I love the car, and I love the Nav system. It is a great feeling knowing that you CANNOT get lost ever again. The days of printing out directions from mapquest are over.

I did have a couple snags w/ her though.

1) after bringing the car home, i noticed that there is a faint (but incredibly annoying) crackling/staticy sound coming from the tweeters in the front (I got H/K). Needless to say, I was less than pleased. So I brought it back to the dealership and they ran some tests and let me know that I need a new amplifier. Kinda sucks, but if this is the extent of any problems I'll ever have w/ it, then I can live as long as they promptly fix it for me. I'll need to make an appointment for this one.

2) Earlier today, the keyless entry was not working for me. I kept hitting the buttons on my keys, but they didn't do anything. Any ideas what would cause this? It's only happened once so far. After I got to work it was fine again. Better not be a reoccurring problem.

Has anyone had any of the same problems?

Thanks.

bimNaround 11-04-2003 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz
2) Earlier today, the keyless entry was not working for me. I kept hitting the buttons on my keys, but they didn't do anything. Any ideas what would cause this? It's only happened once so far. After I got to work it was fine again. Better not be a reoccurring problem.

Has anyone had any of the same problems?

Thanks.

The key gets charged up from the car while driving. Maybe the key battery needs to be charged up some.

racerdave 11-04-2003 10:46 AM

Fritz... have pics of your car? :)

cncmastr 11-04-2003 02:07 PM

Congrads on your car! I too experienced for the first time last night the key problem you described. Solar flare problem? It was real embarrassing, I showed my friend the car, and told her go ahead hit the button, and nothing happend. $43k car and the friggen key doesnt work!
It went away by the time I got home, so who knows?

PropellerHead 11-04-2003 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cncmastr
Congrads on your car! I too experienced for the first time last night the key problem you described. Solar flare problem? It was real embarrassing, I showed my friend the car, and told her go ahead hit the button, and nothing happend. $43k car and the friggen key doesnt work!
It went away by the time I got home, so who knows?

that front plate looks familiar! :thumbup:
The first time I ever saw of my car:
http://www.my02.com/images/00540/540.jpg

bimmer_w 11-04-2003 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz

1) after bringing the car home, i noticed that there is a faint (but incredibly annoying) crackling/staticy sound coming from the tweeters in the front (I got H/K). Needless to say, I was less than pleased. So I brought it back to the dealership and they ran some tests and let me know that I need a new amplifier. .

hey, i remember having this problem when i first got the car. i can hear the speakers doing that static sound even if the stereo is off and car is off. as in the car is totally dead. but i think its gone now. i havent noticed anything maybe when i get home i'll try to listen to it again and hopefully i wont hear anything.

Adam12Hicks 11-04-2003 07:56 PM

Congrats!

Now you just need the Bluetooth wireless Phone integration and you'll be loaded up!

racerdave 11-04-2003 08:27 PM

Fritz!

:slap:

Where are the pics?

:D

Fritz 11-05-2003 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerdave
Fritz!

:slap:

Where are the pics?

:D

Sorry Guys... I'm at work right now and can't post any pics. I may not be able to get any good shots until this weekend since I miss out on all the daylight hours, but i'll be sure to post em then.