Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   6 Series (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   BMW Navigation Update (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452384)

kous650 04-30-2010 07:32 AM

BMW Navigation Update
 
Anyone used this companies update for a 2006 E64?

http://www.bmwnav.net/

Jagular 04-30-2010 07:42 AM

Interesting. I may pick it up...

Jagular 04-30-2010 07:46 AM

Actually, looking at it, I don't know if this is a good deal for us. If you click on the iDrive disclaimer, it says:

"Voice Alert is NOT available by speed camera locations and a Firmware update is NOT supported by the iDrive system."

So, the iDrive just gets the 2009.1 maps?

Jagular 04-30-2010 09:02 AM

Followed up with BMWNAV.net about what you get for the $49.99. They gave me an email run around until I asked them directly what I would get for the $49.99. They replied:

"Idrive systems are limited in 'features', you will only get the latest maps 2010 version."

kous650 04-30-2010 09:23 AM

I asked that question also and waiting for reply. If it is the latest map upgrade, its worth it for the price, but not sure if its the same as the new just released BMW version.

heffdiddy 04-30-2010 09:46 AM

so do you put the disc in a run it then eject it or do you have to leave it in all the time like the dvds?

Jagular 04-30-2010 09:47 AM

Not a bad price for 2010, I suppose. The better deal would've been the firmware update, which they don't support for iDrive.

kous650 04-30-2010 10:50 AM

Just got the reply from BMWNAV.net:

THE 2010 VERSION IS THE LATEST, YES.
VOICE ALERT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY THE IDRIVE SYSTEMS.

It appears for the cost it's a better deal, but who's going to be the ginny pig?

Bk650 04-30-2010 01:30 PM

im alil lost (Voice alert?) is that the directions the voice gives you or like some audible warnings for the cam intersections. i would be fine with it if its just the voice alerts thats missing for the cams thats missing cause i dont have that now so i wouldnt really miss it

Laslonimne 05-01-2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kous650 (Post 5147048)
new just released BMW version.

Has a 2010 version been released?

I thought the "current" version was 2009.1 - BMW part number 65 90 2 147 677. Is that no longer true?

6er 05-01-2010 07:08 AM

Just to inform the uninformed....

These navi discs are Just DVDR copies, you could aquire these things for free online if you want to use that route instead of buying a $49.99 DVDr.

:dunno:

Jagular 05-01-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laslonimne (Post 5149085)
Has a 2010 version been released?

I thought the "current" version was 2009.1 - BMW part number 65 90 2 147 677. Is that no longer true?

Nope. 2010 is the latest. If you want the legal copy: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

Bk650 05-03-2010 09:26 AM

im confused still on whats being sold here is it just the new maps or does the actual interface for the navi look diff

smoothrideronli 05-03-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6er (Post 5149155)
Just to inform the uninformed....

These navi discs are Just DVDR copies, you could aquire these things for free online if you want to use that route instead of buying a $49.99 DVDr.

:dunno:

Where?

feriors 05-03-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bk650 (Post 5153510)
im confused still on whats being sold here is it just the new maps or does the actual interface for the navi look diff

Its just new maps. It has updated POI, Red Light Cameras, etc. The actual interface doesn't change.

X5bimm 05-04-2010 05:10 PM

purchased from them... $50 well spent. You will not be disappointed!!

kous650 05-05-2010 04:27 AM

adi320, you have purchased this from BMWNAV.net and you have idrive?

6er 05-05-2010 09:01 AM

Dear god is it really that easy to sell illegal copies of things online to Americans.... Coming soon www.knockoffnavidiscs.us lmao

If this illegal route is the one you want to take I bet a google search of "www.e90post.com t=372046" would give interesting information...

I'm actually in shock at people buying these discs for $50

kous650 05-06-2010 03:29 PM

Why are you being so negative?
I was just inquiring if anyone had bought this disc from this vendor.
I thought the idea of this forum was to help other BMW owners with answers to car releated issues, not to berate Americans. In the future please keep your comments about Americans to yourself.

pan 05-06-2010 04:47 PM

TeleAtlas is the provider of the maps for the BMW navigation system. There website suggest it is a dealer installed item for the 2010 E63 and E64 and a purchasable disk for 2004 through 2009. The 2010 is a little different than the prior years since the DVD is copied to the hard disk and operates from the hard disk (HDD). This a much quicker for searching. I am not sure why it has to be dealer installed. The manual states the dvd can be inserted and the iDrive will automatically upload the DVD to the HDD.

http://store.bmwgpsmaps.com/dataSele...&nocookie=true

6er 05-07-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kous650 (Post 5163702)
Why are you being so negative?
I was just inquiring if anyone had bought this disc from this vendor.
I thought the idea of this forum was to help other BMW owners with answers to car releated issues, not to berate Americans. In the future please keep your comments about Americans to yourself.

BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL :rofl:

Why should I be positive about illegal stuff ?! :dunno:

BlaZinMJ3 05-07-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6er (Post 5165584)
BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL :rofl:

Why should I be positive about illegal stuff ?! :dunno:

relax, dont get your panties in a bunch, we are in a recession. gotta do what ya gotta do :rofl:

X5bimm 05-07-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kous650 (Post 5158975)
adi320, you have purchased this from BMWNAV.net and you have idrive?

yes I have idrive too and disc is working just fine. I honestly don't think this update is worth $200 from the dealer;

save yourself $$$ and get it for $50.

6er 05-07-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaZinMJ3 (Post 5165616)
relax, dont get your panties in a bunch, we are in a recession. gotta do what ya gotta do :rofl:

Mate I'm easy with people doing this for personal use

THATS WHY I POSTED HOW TO DOWNLOAD 2010-1 USA FOR FREE ABOVE ^^^

What I don't like is during this recession Sc*mmers using illegal things to make money off of uneducated people tricking them into thinking its the real legit product :dunno:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms