Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Colors colors colors (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471614)

Bunky 07-21-2010 03:01 PM

Colors colors colors
 
Well, I took my wife to look at colors for my new 550i (want to involve her because she's a little peeved that I'm getting a new car as she feels my 7er is just fine). She likes the darker colors and to my surprise likes the black interior. So my questions:

1. Anyone have/seen a Dark Graphite Metallic with black interior?
2. How does Jet Black compare to the Black Sapphire Metallic? I have the Black Sapphire now, and I'd guess that Jet Black looks like a deeper black without the grayish, sparkle hue? I can't find a new 5er in Jet black in person. I guess Jet Black is offered in other series though, right?

I still dig the Silver with black too, but ultimately, I want the car for way it drives, and I think I'll be more than happy any of these colors.

Thanks!

Daaavid 07-21-2010 07:54 PM

Not sure if you have checked out 5Post.com, but here's an external link to a few of Dark Graphite Metallic with black interior:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329658

You may also want to check out this thread:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366814

-----

The local coffee shop/bar owner near I live has a Dark Graphite 760Li with a black interior, and you can obviously tell that the exterior is much lighter even in direct sunlight. It's almost a light black, I know it sounds weird, but I think it's an awesome color.

Bunky 07-22-2010 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daaavid (Post 5341169)
Not sure if you have checked out 5Post.com, but here's an external link to a few of Dark Graphite Metallic with black interior:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329658

You may also want to check out this thread:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366814

-----

The local coffee shop/bar owner near I live has a Dark Graphite 760Li with a black interior, and you can obviously tell that the exterior is much lighter even in direct sunlight. It's almost a light black, I know it sounds weird, but I think it's an awesome color.

Thanks, I flipped through the pictures really quick but I didn't see any black interior. Am I missing it or is there another link through these that get you to it? The Cinnamon doesn't look too bad, but as I've posted in other areas, it looks a lot darker in person than in most pictures I've seen. DMG and Cinnamon would maybe be a cool combo though.

DallasMike 07-22-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunky (Post 5341612)
Thanks, I flipped through the pictures really quick but I didn't see any black interior. Am I missing it or is there another link through these that get you to it? The Cinnamon doesn't look too bad, but as I've posted in other areas, it looks a lot darker in person than in most pictures I've seen. DMG and Cinnamon would maybe be a cool combo though.

I have dark graphite with black interior on my 535i and really like it. I debated between black interior and the oyster/black and finally decided on black. It looks good and is low maintenance.

Bunky 07-22-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasMike (Post 5341779)
I have dark graphite with black interior on my 535i and really like it. I debated between black interior and the oyster/black and finally decided on black. It looks good and is low maintenance.

Thanks DallasMike! You wouldn't happen to have any pictures that you could post? I think I'll try and get the DGM with black or a black on black. If that doesn't work, then I can fall back on Silver with black or just go with the DGM with oyster that seem to be everywhere at the dealerships.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms