Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   BMW X3 (F25) Pricing Annouced (Euro) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472018)

tim330i 07-23-2010 08:17 AM

BMW X3 (F25) Pricing Annouced (Euro)
 
7 Attachment(s)
The new 2011 BMW X3 has been officially revealed and this little brother of the popular BMW X5 finally moves away from the previous hideous styling.

The top of the range 2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i price starts at 51,850 EUR or 66,259 USD.

X3 xDrive35i is powered by the 3.0-liter straight 6-cylinder TwinPower Turbo direct injection engine with VALVETRONIC. The 2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i outputs 225 kW/306 bhp at 5,800 rpm and 400 Nm of torque at 1,300 rpm. This high hp output makes the 2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.7 seconds and up to a maximum top speed of 245 km/h.

xDrive20d version of X3 will cost EUR46,900 ($60,140).

The BMW X3 is set to make its public debut at the Paris Auto show in September.

Read the full details on the New 2011 BMW X3 F25

Evlengr 07-23-2010 06:50 PM

Little baffled on this one.

It is over $15k more than the original pricing of the X3.

You would think with the mfg being done here (US) that it would be a bit more competitive. :cry::thumbdwn:

I am hoping this is wrong. $50k would be a bit much but still somewhat competitive.

SARAFIL 07-23-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 5346090)
Little baffled on this one.

It is over $15k more than the original pricing of the X3.

You would think with the mfg being done here (US) that it would be a bit more competitive. :cry::thumbdwn:

I am hoping this is wrong. $50k would be a bit much but still somewhat competitive.

You can't do a straight Euro-to-Dollar conversion to get the US price, as most European companies sell their cars in the US for less than they are selling them for in Europe.

For comparison, in Germany a 2010 X3 3.0i is 45,200 euros and a 2010 X3 2.0d is 38,600 euros.

HT417 07-24-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 5346090)
Little baffled on this one.

It is over $15k more than the original pricing of the X3.

You would think with the mfg being done here (US) that it would be a bit more competitive. :cry::thumbdwn:

I am hoping this is wrong. $50k would be a bit much but still somewhat competitive.

You'll get pretty close if you divide the German Euro price by 1.19 to remove the value added tax and then subtract a couple of thousand to compensate for the exchange rate. With the turbo engine and redesign it's obviously going to cost a little more than the outgoing model so my guess is around $40 - 41K base for the 35i.

AndrewZ 07-24-2010 02:50 AM

Too much money. Too little SUV.

HT417 07-24-2010 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvThatSam (Post 5346759)
Too much money. Too little SUV.

$41K is too much for an all-wheel drive, 4 door, vehicle with decent cargo and passenger capacity that can go 0-62.5mph in under 6 seconds and out-handle many things on the road??

Everybody has different priorities and opinions but I think the redesign will be competitive.

Evlengr 08-17-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HT417 (Post 5346765)
$41K is too much for an all-wheel drive, 4 door, vehicle with decent cargo and passenger capacity that can go 0-62.5mph in under 6 seconds and out-handle many things on the road??

Everybody has different priorities and opinions but I think the redesign will be competitive.


Hope you are right on this one as I can rationalize $45k after pkg options are done.

However wish their sunroof operated like my wife's MCS. Majority of the time can't open it all the way as it makes too much of that "thrumming" oscillation unless other windows are open.

AzNMpower32 08-19-2010 09:53 PM

Konfigurator on BMW.de
 
BMW DE recently got the Configurator working on their website. Unfortunately my saved PDF is 54kB too big to attach, so here's a basic rundown.

2011 X3 xDrive20d

Base Price: 39.100
As-built: 51.280

Sapphire Black metallic, Black Pearlpoint Cloth/leather, Brushed Aluminium trim
Style 308 Y-spoke wheels, 18"
  • EDC
  • Sport Steering wheel
  • Variable Sport Steering
  • Performance Control
  • Homelink mirror
  • Climate Comfort windshield
  • Panoramic Moonroof
  • Tinted rear windows
  • rear window shades, manual
  • Sport seats
  • Adjustable lumbar, 4-way
  • Storage packet
  • PDC
  • Rain sensor
  • Bi-xenons (requires headlamp washers)
  • Highbeam Assistant
  • Adaptive Headlights
  • Hi-Fi speakers
  • Cruise Control w/brake function

I skipped automatic climate control, electric seats, sat nav, USB, Bluetooth, Automatic gearbox, and a lot of other things. Price Includes 19% MwSt.

Frankly, I'd rather get an X1, 123d hatchback, or a 325d touring for that price.

HT417 08-20-2010 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 5402927)
Hope you are right on this one as I can rationalize $45k after pkg options are done.

However wish their sunroof operated like my wife's MCS. Majority of the time can't open it all the way as it makes too much of that "thrumming" oscillation unless other windows are open.

I asked my SA this morning and they don't have any pricing info yet. Hopefully, soon. Although I'm not in the market I'm really interested to see how they position it.

Haven't tried to open my roof yet. I just pop it if I want more ventilation. I don't trust the roof's reliability and don't relish the bill that might occur.

hpowders 08-20-2010 09:30 AM

The price they show in Europe may have a 17% value added tax figured in.

HT417 08-20-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpowders (Post 5409775)
The price they show in Europe may have a 17% value added tax figured in.

It depends on where in Europe you're talking about. Germany's VAT is 19% on cars.

hpowders 08-20-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HT417 (Post 5410265)
It depends on where in Europe you're talking about. Germany's VAT is 19% on cars.

17% in UK.

AzNMpower32 08-20-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpowders (Post 5410681)
17% in UK.

I think its 20% starting next year.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms