Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E70 (2007 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Screen of my Nav/iDrive suddenly went dead while driving (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474182)

Gator Neil 08-01-2010 07:06 PM

Screen of my Nav/iDrive suddenly went dead while driving

just motoring along and all of a sudden, the screen when dead. i don't mean "blank" I mean dead. then it rebooted by itself (BMW logo) and eventually came back on, but my sat radio wouldn't play. i pulled over and shut the engine and restarted and it all came back fine. have not had the problem since. anyone have any thoughts on what the heck happened? :dunno:

Gator Neil 08-02-2010 07:51 PM

nobody?

anything? anyone?

Newmanium 08-02-2010 07:58 PM

I had a bunch of electrical "weirdness" with my 530i - including some random error messages, and a fan that was stuck on high even when the car turned off (reset only when I locked the car). All was traced to a loose ground connector, hasn't happened since.

So could be any random thing like that.

DrT 11-10-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator Neil (Post 5365304)
just motoring along and all of a sudden, the screen when dead. i don't mean "blank" I mean dead. then it rebooted by itself (BMW logo) and eventually came back on, but my sat radio wouldn't play. i pulled over and shut the engine and restarted and it all came back fine. have not had the problem since. anyone have any thoughts on what the heck happened? :dunno:

+1 except I did not pull over and my sat radio started back playing.

clinkinfo 11-10-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Can't help specifically, but my x3 has had an occasion problem like you described and restarting the car seems to fix it.

BMW actually replaced mine because of it, but the new one does the same thing.

ard 11-10-2012 09:08 AM

guys...thread was two YEARS old.

BMWconsumer 11-10-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

--------
Yes it happened with my 2013 X5 two weeks after I bought it.
Then it came back on after I restarted the car.
I blamed it on hot Louisiana weather. It was over 98 degrees outside that day.....
It has not happened since then....

MRV99 11-13-2012 11:35 PM

Just reboot it. Hold down the volumn button and eject button at the same time for a few seconds and you won't even have to shut off the car. I have done it while driving with no issues

ndabunka 11-14-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ard (Post 7187119)
guys...thread was two YEARS old.

LOL - Timewarp advice ...:rofl: TOO FUNNY!