Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - 2014) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   LATCH Anchors (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478543)

melt 08-20-2010 01:30 PM

LATCH Anchors

Just picked up our 2011 X6 35 and I had quite a time attempting to find the LATCH anchors and install a child seat (front facing) properly using them. I see the icons on the seats and could feel the metal between the seat and back cushion, but the horizontal (parallel to the front end) piece that the anchor is to clip onto is recessed very far under the bottom seat cushion. It took two hours and the removal of the bottom seat cushion to actually find the correct clip point and get the seat clipped properly.

Any pointers? Am I missing an easy trick?

emm2x 08-23-2010 11:52 AM

No easy trick. I have twins and the main anchor piece is tucked well inside the seat.

KMA 12-23-2010 10:01 AM

Responding because I too spent a long time trying to hook the car seat latch anchors to the strangely perpendicular (i.e., wrong direction) metal clips in between the top and bottom seat cushions in the X6 just under where the symbol shows. I later figured out these were the WRONG place to connect, which explains why this made no sense that BMW would make it this difficult!

The CORRECT location requires you to go an inch or so lower and to spread overlapping leather on the bottom seat cushion at the seam to reveal the latch point. This spot requires no sweating or cursing whatsoever ;) This spot does not seem tucked in or hidden whatsoever once you spread open the overlapping leather.

There is very little information on this if you search on the internet or look in the manual.

melt 12-23-2010 11:36 AM

Wow...Do you have a picture of where this is? I actually popped out the lower cushion and thought I saw the anchor, but maybe it is not the wrong spot. Would be interested as I wrestled for so long with this. Thanks!

sunstorm 12-23-2010 10:07 PM

I think BMW didn;t fix any LATCH system on X6, but please try ISOFIX child seat,

KMA 01-10-2011 12:40 PM

I'll snap a pic this week and try to get it posted as soon as I can. I'm positive this post and a pic will save some others aggravation and annoyance.

KMA 01-16-2011 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As much as what is pictured seems like it would have been easy to find/notice, it wasn't...

melt 01-19-2011 11:06 AM

Will have to check this out tonight, thanks!! Didn't even notice the small cutout in the seam for the LATCH buckles, but will check it out tonight.

caden 01-26-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMA (Post 5776459)
As much as what is pictured seems like it would have been easy to find/notice, it wasn't...

Unbelievable! I spent 20 minutes trying to locate the latch on my bro's X6. Thanks for the pic!

melt 01-26-2011 07:19 PM

A huge thanks as now I found them...UGH!

kyle32 07-31-2012 10:43 PM

Thanks so much for posting this information and especially the picture. This saved me some serious hair pulling and swearing. You guys rock!

dmlgc 04-20-2013 03:56 PM

Thank You for the picture I spent hours trying to figure out how to connect, pulling back of seat part way down sticking my hand it, etc.
Your picture made it easy to find, I never would have guessed the seem would part to reveal access.