Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Whoohoo - Got the new 2010! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478907)

tcesar888 08-22-2010 10:44 AM

Whoohoo - Got the new 2010!
 
Thanks again for your replies on my earlier post. I got it! Whoohoo!

I 'm still getting settled in with the vehicle. Giving it a solid dleaning, and dialing-it-in to my liking. Spectacular car!

One Issue (iPod):

The integrated iPod cable/connection has appeared to have blown-up two iPods (like dead!). Wont charge, wont reset. Correct that, I was able to eventually get one to come back up. Initially the iPod works fine (in the morning). Then at some point when return and start up the car, the iPod does not come up. Check on the iPod - it's DEAD! I plan to swap the cable today; but honestly I don't think its the cable; it appears to be a power spike/surge issue (maybe). Anyone heard of this? The service guys were pointing to faulty iPods; I said, can't be. Two exact failures in 24hrs? BTW they work beautifully on my 650i with the same cable config.

Mahalo!!!

TC

E82Pilot 08-23-2010 11:24 AM

By any chance does it work when you first connect it and drive around? Then if you leave the iPod connected and the car is off for a couple of hours and you come back and start the car, the iPod is DEAD?

If so, my iPod does the same thing in both my M3 and 135i!

It seems that in either car, if the iPod stays connected, but the car is off for a while then the iPod is dead. The fix is disconnect the iPod, turn the iPod on (it acts like a complete re-boot) and re-connect the cable. Works every time for me!

Maybe my iPod is defective, but I never have a problem using that same iPod outside of either car. Mind you, mine is an older Nano!

My guess it is an interface problem with the older iPods.

tcesar888 08-23-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E82Pilot (Post 5416212)
By any chance does it work when you first connect it and drive around? Then if you leave the iPod connected and the car is off for a couple of hours and you come back and start the car, the iPod is DEAD?

If so, my iPod does the same thing in both my M3 and 135i!

It seems that in either car, if the iPod stays connected, but the car is off for a while then the iPod is dead. The fix is disconnect the iPod, turn the iPod on (it acts like a complete re-boot) and re-connect the cable. Works every time for me!

Maybe my iPod is defective, but I never have a problem using that same iPod outside of either car. Mind you, mine is an older Nano!

My guess it is an interface problem with the older iPods.

===========

OMG - YOU GOT IT!!!!

This is EXACTLY what is happening... I was thinking of buying a new iTouch or Nano, but didnít want to chance it by killing more devices. I actually got one of the two units back up and running. I had my sales rep swap the interface cable and it seems to be working so far.

Thanks so much. I'm not the only one. Whew! I was dreading having to go to BMW Service and fight with them about this.

Mahalo!

T

E82Pilot 08-23-2010 02:37 PM

What I tried over this past weekend, was to disconnect the iPod from the cable, when the car sat for a while, and then re-connect after I got into the car. Guess what, NO problems, the iPod started right up.

Others will have to chime-in to see if it is our iPods, or the interface. Or we could both go out and buy a new iPod, but it is no big deal to just disconnect, when leaving the car.

tcesar888 08-23-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E82Pilot (Post 5416725)
What I tried over this past weekend, was to disconnect the iPod from the cable, when the car sat for a while, and then re-connect after I got into the car. Guess what, NO problems, the iPod started right up.

Others will have to chime-in to see if it is our iPods, or the interface. Or we could both go out and buy a new iPod, but it is no big deal to just disconnect, when leaving the car.


Thanks for the input. The main thing is that my new ride is not so much the problem. I was a little put-out on how the service center "was" about to handle this. I'll probably cancel the appt. and opt for a newer iPod here soon. Maybe the newer Nano (cheaper), as I only have about 8GB of music/playlists. Seems like a waste to park a perfectly good iTouch in my car.

Mahalo,

T

Killjoy 08-23-2010 06:33 PM

We want pictures!!!!

E82Pilot 08-23-2010 10:55 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killjoy (Post 5417281)
We want pictures!!!!

You want pictures, of what?

Ok, here is my new girlfriend from Germany!

Enjoy!

McLoven 08-24-2010 05:22 AM

It looks awesome in Dakar Yellow! And I love the look of the single hump. Its much more clean looking than the double hump.

E82Pilot 08-24-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLoven (Post 5418027)
It looks awesome in Dakar Yellow! And I love the look of the single hump. Its much more clean looking than the double hump.

That is exactly why I didn't get the Technology package, I wanted the Clean Look.

So between the Dakar color and no hump in the dash, you won't find too many of these.

The only thing is, when I drive it, and put up my Garmin right on the dash, people look at it are thinking what theÖ.

Jeff_DML 08-24-2010 03:48 PM

looks good, you need to update your sig pic:thumbup:

fynride1 08-26-2010 02:15 PM

Phenomenal car! Best of luck with It!

cole328 09-09-2010 07:58 PM

Enjoy....yellow not my personal choice, but you sure do keep that bad boy clean!

Stainless 45 09-09-2010 09:06 PM

Missed your earlier post, nice looking car! Was that yellow a factory special order?

jeffbchi 09-21-2010 01:16 PM

Regarding the Ipod issue - I think the problem is that the charging pins on the BMW connector are different than the charging ports on the Ipod. This issue actually deals with Iphones. When Apple went from Iphone 3g to Iphone 3gs they changed the pin configuration by moving the location of the charging pins. I needed to buy an aftermarket adapter to use my Iphone 3gs in my previous 335. The issue went away when I got my M3 as BMW works closely with Apple and therefore changed the pin configuration to match the new configuration used on the Iphone 3gs and now the Iphone 4. Since it seems you have older Ipods, they would have the same pin configuration as the older Iphone so you're not getting a charge and running your Ipod batteries to nil. I still have the adapter, if you want it, PM me.

Nice color by the way!

dalekressin 09-21-2010 01:27 PM

Nice car!

rmjames007 06-30-2012 03:20 PM

I have a 09 135i I got a Y cable from ebay. When I connected my Gen 2 Itouch it says not compatible. When I connected mt 5th Gen Ipod classic (windows format) after a long time of reading it treated it like a drive and only showed to songs I happen to have on the root.

What models of Ipod are supported. Do I need a new IPOD?

If so can I get a 6th Generation Nano?

Thanks for any help.

NASA43 06-30-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmjames007 (Post 6927333)
I have a 09 135i I got a Y cable from ebay. When I connected my Gen 2 Itouch it says not compatible. When I connected mt 5th Gen Ipod classic (windows format) after a long time of reading it treated it like a drive and only showed to songs I happen to have on the root.

What models of Ipod are supported. Do I need a new IPOD?

If so can I get a 6th Generation Nano?

Thanks for any help.

My 4th gen Nano has always worked flawlessly.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms