Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   1M Coupe only in 3 colors?! WTF! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483775)

bam 09-12-2010 12:17 AM

1M Coupe only in 3 colors?! WTF!

Supposedly posted on other websites is an "offical" word that the 1M Coupe will only come in white, black, and the orange that we've all seen by now. WTF! Are you figgin kidding me? If they're going to limit to 3 colors, they should at least make them new colors and not colors that are on existing cars and if they do make a new color (such as the orange), they should at least make a new color that is more acceptable such as a new blue or new silver, or new grey.

Personally, I'd like to see the 1M Coupe in the estoril blue, laguna seca blue, and maybe the hellrot red from back in the days.

Also, I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I'd love to see the 1M Coupe in the dct as so far there's been rumors going both ways about it having dct and not having dct but I've seen more posts about it not having dct. I know how to drive stick and I've driven stick as a daily communter in my past life. Living in socal with traffic makes driving a stick a PITA no matter what kind of car you're driving. I've been there and done that and now I want something cool and fun and on the cutting edge of tech and if dct offers all of the above, sign me up. (go ahead. I've got my flame retardant suit on. :rofl:)

hpowders 09-12-2010 07:17 AM

I will take mine in Alpine White. At least it looks good and is low maintenance.

BestCS 09-12-2010 07:45 AM

Who cares? Especially about the color of $50K+ cars! BMW can paint them all purple!

bam 09-12-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestCS (Post 5463074)
Who cares? Especially about the color of $50K+ cars! BMW can paint them all purple!

What's a mazda owner doing on this website talking smack. Of course we care because we're on website about BMW's.

Just Bryce 09-12-2010 05:43 PM

I saw one at the auction this past week in white, I like :thumbup:

SARAFIL 09-12-2010 05:47 PM

The color selection is not an issue to me (white is always a safe color) and the manual only is actually a good thing in my mind... the only thing that has me concerned/disappointed is the limited volume. I think with 2700 global, and maybe 1000 in the US, this car will end up being MSRP or worse yet MSRP++, and it is going to end up being much more than I wanted to spend. I was really looking forward to this car, but now I am worried that it is going to be too rich for me. I guess I'll just have to wait and hope it works out.

bam 09-12-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARAFIL (Post 5464168)
The color selection is not an issue to me (white is always a safe color) and the manual only is actually a good thing in my mind... the only thing that has me concerned/disappointed is the limited volume. I think with 2700 global, and maybe 1000 in the US, this car will end up being MSRP or worse yet MSRP++, and it is going to end up being much more than I wanted to spend. I was really looking forward to this car, but now I am worried that it is going to be too rich for me. I guess I'll just have to wait and hope it works out.

I agree but we haven't received any 100% confirmed info as all the info so far is supposedly the "offical" word. I do hope that the production numbers are higher, that it has avalable dct, comes in more colors, and isn't makred up to where you might as well buy an m3.

SARAFIL 09-12-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bam (Post 5464241)
I agree but we haven't received any 100% confirmed info as all the info so far is supposedly the "offical" word. I do hope that the production numbers are higher, that it has avalable dct, comes in more colors, and isn't makred up to where you might as well buy an m3.

There are some things we definitely need to wait for more info on, but I am very confident that this is manual only. There are plenty of reliable sources that have gotten confirmation from BMW on manual only for this car.

///M Rakete 09-12-2010 08:09 PM

Yep, three colors and no DCT.

But what really has me wondering is that BMW's M leadership has described the 1M as a return to the "driver's" car (whatever that really is) and as an entry point for the younger market for M. Then they go and make it a limited volume with very likely a price to measure, maybe even creep close to a base M3? I don't get it... But I'm starting to get the 5.0 Mustang GT I'm afraid to say.

jh 09-13-2010 11:49 AM

Perhaps the 3 color only thing is coming from a certain blog's recent podcast featuring folks speculating. Also heard 4 colors. Nothing official yet.
However, the first M3, the E30, came in only 4 colors - white, red, silver, black. There was some variation year to year in the specific red and silver, but in any given model year, only 4 color choices.

Killjoy 09-14-2010 08:22 AM

The limited production thing is a bummer. I really hope it isn't true.

Chris90 09-14-2010 08:26 AM

If this is true, I think it means a next gen M 1 series is coming which could kill resale, so they don't want too many of these on the market.

jtm964 09-19-2010 07:01 AM

I series M coupe. Very interesting. If its close to the spirit of the E30 M3, I'll get one in a heartbeat. As for the limited production, I think it is a good thing. This car will be like the Z3 M coupe.