Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E60 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   E60 Wiper Blades (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496386)

Sean123 11-04-2010 10:33 AM

E60 Wiper Blades

Does anyone know the manufacturer for the wiper blades. Called the dealer here in Toronto and they want 105 CAD for a set. Seemed way to much to me for wiper blades so I looked around online and found a Beemer site selling ones Branded as BMW Maintenance Program Replacement, SWF ones, and Bosch.

Not sure which would be best. The BMW ones are the cheapest which was surprising

omaralt 11-04-2010 11:07 AM

this has been asked many, many, many times; do a search next time. these work perfectly:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Munich77 11-04-2010 11:39 AM

The BMW ones are Bosch at least I think that is what it says on the wiper (or is that for my wife's Benz). I have used Bosch on previous cars and I highly recommend them.

Dallas_528 11-06-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omaralt (Post 5598525)
this has been asked many, many, many times; do a search next time. these work perfectly:

Excellent advise ... and I suppose you always read manuals before calling technical support too ! Give the guy a brake.

ChrisTO 11-07-2010 10:59 AM

I'd follow that comment up with did you even see where the OP lives? Amazon.com doesn't ship all things to Canada and for items that they do you get hit with significant duty fees, nulling any savings.

yes give the guy a break.

my suggestion is to try Autopartsway. very good prices and no duty. if you order over $75 free shipping. order up air filters and that will send you over the 75. and not like air filters can go bad.

http://www.autopartsway.ca/autoparts...20Sedan~242108

oh i think you can get something like a few % off if you use their discount code. you can typically find them on their twitter account. if memory serves me right it's typically 2 to 5%. not much but it does help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas_528 (Post 5604951)
Excellent advise ... and I suppose you always read manuals before calling technical support too ! Give the guy a brake.

CT535ix 11-07-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean123 (Post 5598410)
Does anyone know the manufacturer for the wiper blades. Called the dealer here in Toronto and they want 105 CAD for a set. Seemed way to much to me for wiper blades so I looked around online and found a Beemer site selling ones Branded as BMW Maintenance Program Replacement, SWF ones, and Bosch.

Not sure which would be best. The BMW ones are the cheapest which was surprising

I was considering replacing the wipers on mine with the Rain-X Latitudes - anyone try them?

omaralt 11-07-2010 02:01 PM

Lol u guys are acting like I tore the guy a new one. I advised him to search next time and answered his question. Lol

WillInDenver 11-07-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omaralt (Post 5606395)
Lol u guys are acting like I tore the guy a new one. I advised him to search next time and answered his question. Lol

Yeah, but if you had just answered his question and not bothered to admonish him like a 3-year old for not doing a search, it:

a) would have taken less of your time, and

b) ultimately occupied less server space than this thread (assuming that is the concern with people asking questions someone else already asked; otherwise what is the concern?)

omaralt 11-07-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJGreer (Post 5606483)
Yeah, but if you had just answered his question and not bothered to admonish him like a 3-year old for not doing a search, it:

a) would have taken less of your time, and

b) ultimately occupied less server space than this thread (assuming that is the concern with people asking questions someone else already asked; otherwise what is the concern?)

Lol I did answer his question and hopefully next time he will search. As you can see I don't have many posts; that's because 99% of questions have already been asked. I just hope to inspire him to search next time.

TerraSlug 11-07-2010 05:09 PM

If 99% of questions have already been answered and assuming that no one asks a question that has been answered, then this would quickly become a boring forum- new posts would be few and far between.

Jay Arras 11-08-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraSlug (Post 5606814)
If 99% of questions have already been answered and assuming that no one asks a question that has been answered, then this would quickly become a boring forum- new posts would be few and far between.

+1 There's new people dropping in and out of this forum all the time.

appst890 11-08-2010 10:46 AM

i have tried both bosch and rain-x latitiudes on different vehicles. The one time I used rain-x, the produced more chatter. However in full disclosure, that was a car I use mainly for highway use and the windshield could have a different build up on it thus creating more chatter. All in all though I prefer the bosch, they are on my 530 now.

x3ronnie 11-08-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean123 (Post 5598410)

Is that $105 Canadian? That's outrageous!

Sean123 11-08-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x3ronnie (Post 5608591)
Is that $105 Canadian? That's outrageous!

Yep 105 Canadian. And the sad thing is I bet most people just go in and put them on. I bet they charge me to have their guys put them on too.

hairball 11-08-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omaralt (Post 5598525)

+1 on the blades and the searching.

x3ronnie 11-08-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean123 (Post 5609325)
Yep 105 Canadian. And the sad thing is I bet most people just go in and put them on. I bet they charge me to have their guys put them on too.

Shame on those folks who pay that much. One should at least try to negotiate the price,or search for an alternative.

vbcgy 11-16-2011 01:47 PM

I am in Canada and have used www.autopartsway.ca for my cabin air filters. They shipped super fast (and I'm on the other side of the country from their warehouse). Great experience and I just checked out Bosch Wiper Blade replacements.
So, if you are in Canada...this is the best option.
Cheers.

crewzer 11-16-2011 06:05 PM

I recently bought a new set of Bosch blades for our 2006 E61 530xi from ECS Tuning. Great price, and great service. However, the blades were rather difficult to install... I don't know if it was me, the car, or the blade mounts.

But, they're on, and they work very nicely -- even my wife's happy with 'em, and that's worth plenty! ;)

HTH,
JIm / crewzer

Nube1kenobi 11-16-2011 06:25 PM

Walmart has both Bosch and Rain-X latitude. Both work just fine... and they're easier to install than crewzer's. :D Sorry man, can't help it. :rofl:

crewzer 11-17-2011 03:59 AM

Quote:

and they're easier to install than crewzer's. Sorry man, can't help it.
Hey, no problem. I was just tellin' it like it was. :(

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

Munich77 11-17-2011 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crewzer (Post 6445643)
I recently bought a new set of Bosch blades for our 2006 E61 530xi from ECS Tuning. Great price, and great service. However, the blades were rather difficult to install... I don't know if it was me, the car, or the blade mounts.

But, they're on, and they work very nicely -- even my wife's happy with 'em, and that's worth plenty! ;)

HTH,
JIm / crewzer

As an FYI for the U.S. owners, I think sometime in the last year and a bit BMW changed the blade manufacturer. I find the new wiper blades supplied by BMW (as part of the "factory" maintenance) are not of that good quality. I highly recommend Bosch Wiper Blades based on my previous car.

bimmerstien 11-17-2011 04:18 PM

The Dealer replaced mine about 2 months ago. Last night while driving in the rain I noticed that I wasn't getting a clean wipe each time. What do they replace the blades with?

Nube1kenobi 11-17-2011 04:40 PM

Get some windshield wash solution on a piece of rag and wipe it... then think about replacement when that does not make a difference anymore.

Munich77 11-17-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmerstien (Post 6447559)
The Dealer replaced mine about 2 months ago. Last night while driving in the rain I noticed that I wasn't getting a clean wipe each time. What do they replace the blades with?

The cheapest ones possible. I think a set costs like $20!

Marine0811 11-18-2011 12:40 AM

I just replaced mine I got rainex blades BMW has the easiest window wiper replacement mine work so good...I got em at Walmart I believed 24in and 22

Sent from my LG-P999 using Bimmer