Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (1991 - 1999) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Syracuse street racers...ugh (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500776)

Joe__Sterling 11-22-2010 07:49 PM

Syracuse street racers...ugh

http://abcnews.go.com/OnCampus/video...1896142?ref=nf

Being of a younger age and growing up with the F&F movies...i still think these are the dumbest motheflipers out there, seriously, you are rocking and automatic eclipse with chrome wheels and bumping bad boys? you think your flipinging cool?all about the strrets yo! :mad:

This is possibly the dumbest broadcast i have ever whitnessed, "roaring engines, sweet rims and fast cars" really?

"its like a secret society" yeah until you dumbflips gave an interview to flippin' ABC.
I also love the race sunfire next to the ballin eclipse with the pep boy's rimz, thats how the streets roll.

:soapbox:

*now coming down off my high horse, i have broken the speed limits, i have done tripple digits on my bike and in my cars on public roads, i have raced cars before. looking back i was young and stupid and i will still make these mistakes but you will not catch me acting like these morons and trying to make what i have done seem cool.

ok thats enough, i have no idea why that video pissed me off so much lol :dunno:

*edited my many F bombs with flip's :angel:

oh and to the moroins "Legalize it" there is a drag track less than 20 min. away from where they live so use google you moron.:rolleyes:

ZeGerman 11-22-2010 07:51 PM

Link no workie.

Joe__Sterling 11-22-2010 07:54 PM

fixed ... thanks lol

cj.surr 11-22-2010 08:19 PM

There are so many things wrong with that video... You basically covered them all in your first post. But really, abc does an interview of idiots that speed down streets doing 120 and call it a family environment?? It won't be a family environment when one of those cars hits a telephone pole.

I mean, it actually seems like abc is glamorizing street racing, they way the reporter was talking about it. It seemed like an advertisement to go make some bets on illegal races with the family.

TnT817 11-22-2010 08:27 PM

It would be pretty cool to have an open racetrack all the time like a skate park :)

cj.surr 11-22-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnT817 (Post 5646000)
It would be pretty cool to have an open racetrack all the time like a skate park :)

Yeah, it's totally unfair that skaters get to skate, but drivers can't drive.

Mr Gusta 11-22-2010 09:03 PM

rice > news

ZeGerman 11-22-2010 09:41 PM

This kind of thing has been going on since the post-war hot rodding days, and long predates the F&F tuner scene. Just uglier cars & clothes these days. Those guys are a bunch of bozo meatheads though.

I did some stupid stuff when I was 16, but it almost always involved dodging deer at 90mph on 2-lane country roads at 3am, so there was never any other cars around. To this day I still can't believe I didn't have a major accident, because that was seriously stupid of me. Oddly, all that hoonage was done in the crappy Ford Probe I owned at the time (hand-me-down winter car, don't hate :-), and not my '66 GTO, which I never drove fast or raced.

adri 328i 11-22-2010 11:14 PM

What a bunch of morons with japanise crap

ZeGerman 11-22-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adri 328i (Post 5646170)
What a bunch of morons with japanise crap

Careful now. Japan has made some great cars. Granted, the late model Eclipses are total turds, but there is no need to broadly hate on a country of origin. Feel free to call them morons for other reasons, but if you're going to do so, you need to spell Japanese correctly first.

Leusent 11-22-2010 11:20 PM

i gotta have nawz

Killjoy 11-22-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leusent (Post 5646174)
i gotta have nawz

you can haz

bimmerbarbie 11-23-2010 12:31 AM

Look on the bright side. Now that the cops know to look out for those kids and those cars, they'll be in jail for a while and the cars put out of their misery. :thumbup:

Edit: What type of lame racing are they doing anyway? I have never been to real street races where people bring little kids and sit around and watch. I mean seriously?? I get what the one dude was saying about it being a type of family, the car scenes usually are pretty close knit (at least that I've been around), but with all the morons out there ruining it for the real drivers*, it's nothing for little kids to be around. Crazytalk.

And what's with the fines they talk about? Where I come from when you get pulled for street racing it's go straight to jail, car is impounded, and you're stuck either without a license or paying insane fines, if not both.

*Not advocating illegal racing, driving, gambling, or any other form of illegality, so there isn't any need to lock this thread.

EROC_328 11-23-2010 05:56 AM

There are plenty of bmw drivers that are just as bad as these guys. It has nothing to do with the kind of car you drive. I was just on 90 (main highway thru NY) a couple weeks ago and almost got sideswiped by a honda accord followed by an E46 M3 and an E36 M3. And this was at maybe 6:00pm not some late night hour when very few people are on the road. I was :mad::mad::mad::mad:. Those *********s make anyone driving an older/modded bmw look bad.

Leusent 11-23-2010 06:42 AM

Aye... got that right EROC_328. Give people cars and some of them will race. I'm sure somewhere in india someone is racing a 60cc bike against a mule.

BMX325I 11-23-2010 06:49 AM

Only $300 in fines, man my first speeding ticket for 25 over was like $350 and that involved no racing lol

Ryan... 11-23-2010 09:26 AM

I would like to personally punch a lot of people in that video.
1) That mexican idiot posing in front of his yellow eclipse with the gay rims. STFU idiot, you're a poser driving an auto eclipse down city streets. My grandma can hop in that car, mash the pedal down and go just as fast as you. She's probably a lot tougher than you too, based soley on your appearance.
2) The geeky white kid exchanging money with the other geeky white guy, then exchanging a cool "bro hug." You aren't gangster, and you sure as hell aren't cool. Don't try to act like you are.
3) The black guy posing with his riced out whatever-the-****-that-was. "They should make tracks for us to..uh..race on. Then we wouldn't have to..uh..race on the streets!" Hey dumbass, you ever heard of "track days"?? Its this amazing new thing: you pay a fee, then you drive your POS around a real TRACK, with turns! Of course, then you'll realize how small your penis is when you get passed by a 15 year old stock miata on the first corner, and you get left in the dust by cars that aren't held together by bondo and weighed down with body kits, wings, and 19" chrome dubs.

If you couldn't tell, this video pissed me off quite a bit :mad:

Joe__Sterling 11-23-2010 10:17 AM

Like I said they HAVE A FLIPPIN TRACK its less than 20min away there just moron's. And yea it is not limited to ricers plenty of german car enthusiests drive like a holes too. All I'm saying is hit up your local strip, track, or scca autocross and don't risk you life, your future, and the life of others to drive fast. There are plenty of events to have fun on. Come to think of it 90% of the autocross's I attend are in syracuse or less than 10 min away. Hope they all learn there lesson before the seriously injure someone.

Ryan... 11-23-2010 10:38 AM

I hope they all crash into each other and eliminate the chance of them breeding. I don't care if it was all ricers or brand new 911 Turbos and Ferrari f430s, *********s, all of them..

Tom Nguyen 11-23-2010 12:45 PM

I don't even drive fast anymore.. :eeps: I drive like a granny lol. I guess I passed that chapter in my life.

79-droptop 11-23-2010 06:23 PM

Send some of those people to OHIO. Street racing will cost you your CAR! That's why they built race tracks. There a number of drag strips to chose from and they have the test and tune nights as well as grudge nights so you can race legal! If you like turns then try Mid Ohio. A very fun track to go fast!!! Growing up around street racing I lost a number of buddies. So you have to ask at what cost is it worth? But then again sometimes you have to "thin the herd"

tchavera 07-04-2011 09:53 AM

i just found this thread and i just wanna say LOL

BMRfanatic 07-04-2011 10:18 AM

I have my days where i just wanna punch it but as soon as i hit 35mph im like forget it. But

1) My mothers heavy ass jag will whoop all those cars.

2) Theres plently of tracks out there. So idk what hes talking about

3) Was that guy doing donuts bouncing off the rev limiter????!

4) I never understood how street races really occur? wheres the traffic

5) The eclipse has wack rims and he probably got in yellow cause he really wants and Evo

They had slow jap cars. If i saw a Celica GTS, or a 05 Corolla XRS then i would be at least a little interested at looking at it

drive by72 07-04-2011 10:31 AM

Oh noes...

this whole report is an abomination. its a disgrace. its just plain wrong. you cant bring little freakin kids to racing on the street... hey, heads up guys, these "street racers" wouldnt know what to do if something unexpected happens, say the throttle gets stuck at wot. i know they dont because i mean, look at them. plain to see they're idiots. i cannot believe someone such as abc would go and make a report to try and give some mad street cred to these idiots.

i did see one thing i do though: which was everyone hanging out by mcdonalds. i go cruising highway 100 (hot spot by me) alot and always hang out in culvers till the cops come. but now on the same note, thats just everyone hanging out and showing off their cars, not ripping down the street "in excess of 120mph" :tsk: I mean yeah people race down on highway 100 as well, and im not gonna say i never have, and while im not saying its a good idea, it certainly isnt in the middle of new york (theres a stretch of just trees on each side where lots of "magic" happens). these guys ruin it for all of us...

as far as track days go, I go to great lakes all the time (dragstrip by me). i autocross every chance i get. Id love to go on road america, but its 1000 bucks for a TnT day :( I agree that we should have some kind of track to just show up pay 50 bucks sign our life away and race. doesnt have to be anything spectacular, hell for all i care it could be a 4-lane wide road paved in the middle of a field with corners, but we need something

/response rant

mksu19 07-05-2011 05:39 PM

I hope THIS happens to their cars soon! It's almost as bad as an M44 with an ///M bodyki... :eeps: