Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E89 Z4 (2009 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Just popping in to say hi everyone! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515530)

Atty 01-26-2011 06:28 PM

Just popping in to say hi everyone!

Alas, it is winter here in the Midwest and I'm badly missing my baby. I'm so tempted to lift the cover and take her for a spin, but the weather and the snow refuse to cooperate. I figure another 6 weeks or so and maybe, just maybe the weather will start to improve. Once I take the cover off, it'll be like that new car experience all over again!

It was just about a year ago now that I started to plan my purchase, and news of the IS was just hitting the web. Ah, the memories!

For those that store their Z's in the winter, how are you surviving?

Rolf-Dieter 01-27-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atty (Post 5803304)
Alas, it is winter here in the Midwest and I'm badly missing my baby. I'm so tempted to lift the cover and take her for a spin, but the weather and the snow refuse to cooperate. I figure another 6 weeks or so and maybe, just maybe the weather will start to improve. Once I take the cover off, it'll be like that new car experience all over again!

It was just about a year ago now that I started to plan my purchase, and news of the IS was just hitting the web. Ah, the memories!

Good to hear from you Atty :thumbup:

I know the feeling I tried to store my e85 last year and did not succeed :) I often reconnected the battery and took her for a spin last winter when the roads were nice and dry.

My e89 I drive year round (winter time road conditions permitting) our winters here are not as strong as they where out west where I lived many years. However this winter has been very hard so far (before the Holidays we had 2 meters of snow).

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

Z4golfer 01-27-2011 09:28 AM

Hi Atty, nice to hear from you and see your beautiful red car again.
Not much top down driving lately, lots of cold foggy weather here but I do get to drive mine daily. The heated seats and steering wheel are fantastic in the cold weather.
Spring weather type days usually show up in February here in central California, I'm looking forward to lots of top down driving.

Mcbeee 01-27-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atty (Post 5803304)

It sucks, but it goes with the neighbourhood....... planning on moving in a few years to Vancouver Island , can drive the Z's for 11 months of the year and spend the other time in arizona....can't wait.:thumbup:

Atty 01-27-2011 08:01 PM

Yes, it's rough! But, I find myself sitting at my desk at work planning day trips for when the weather finally breaks. Gives me something to look forward to, I guess!