Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Pics: With & w/out Badge (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515937)

06Black550i 01-28-2011 01:56 PM

Pics: With & w/out Badge

2 Attachment(s)
Picked up my car few weeks ago from body shop and only noticed today that my 550i badge was missing. For a moment I considered leaving as is -- more "Euro" I suppose. Then I snapped to my senses (and a quick pic), and headed to the shop to have them apply the badge.

B-1 Pilot 01-28-2011 02:19 PM

To each his own I guess, but I like that picture on the left...

mwares212 01-28-2011 02:23 PM

It looks to me like they put the badge back on too low. The space up from the lip is supposed to be larger, isn't.

06Black550i 01-28-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwares212 (Post 5808138)
It looks to me like they put the badge back on too low. The space up from the lip is supposed to be larger, isn't.

Nope. Positioned as new. Badge comes with its own templet. German precision I guess.

EvolutionTheory 01-28-2011 02:52 PM

The badge replacement position looks perfect, as I looked up pics of them on google to verify. However, I do think the de-badged back looks classier. Any enthusiast would know its a 550 but the lines are unbroken without the badge and it does seem more incognito to the layman.

mwares212 01-28-2011 04:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Maybe it's just my eyes or the angle of the photo that is throwing me off.

I still see a difference between these two placements.

As for the template, that is good though because when I had work done on my 330 some 6 years ago the dealer noticeably put the badge on wrong, not to mention the few times I have seen this happen to other cars.

BUT BACK TO THE OP, maybe its the American in me, but I like seeing the model badge on the back of a car.

06Black550i 01-28-2011 04:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwares212 (Post 5808360)
Maybe it's just my eyes or the angle of the photo that is throwing me off.

I still see a difference between these two placements.

As for the template, that is good though because when I had work done on my 330 some 6 years ago the dealer noticeably put the badge on wrong, not to mention the few times I have seen this happen to other cars.

BUT BACK TO THE OP, maybe its the American in me, but I like seeing the model badge on the back of a car.

Probably just the angle, or the scale of the US license plate...

dunderhi 01-28-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06Black550i (Post 5808153)
Nope. Positioned as new. Badge comes with its own templet. German precision I guess.

Does this mean the whole badge came off in one piece?

Personally, I like the cleaner debadged look. Add a dual or quad exhaust with a new lower fascia and no one would have any idea what you are driving. :thumbup:

06Black550i 01-28-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunderhi (Post 5808482)
Does this mean the whole badge came off in one piece?

Personally, I like the cleaner debadged look. Add a dual or quad exhaust with a new lower fascia and no one would have any idea what you are driving. :thumbup:

They are individual pieces.

GHOST PROTOCOL 01-28-2011 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally I thought black's badge was too low, however, after looking at all the pictures again and comparing them to a picture of my F10, I think his badge was put back in the correct location. The first photo of black's does make it appear that the badge is too low, but the second picture, which is a close up, makes it appear that the badge is in the correct location.

markl53 01-28-2011 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRMESQ (Post 5808753)
Originally I thought black's badge was too low

Nevermind, I think it's low, but maybe an optical illusion. Here's my 535i...

GHOST PROTOCOL 01-28-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markl53 (Post 5808767)
Nevermind, I think it's low, but maybe an optical illusion. Here's my 535i...

This is a tough call. Originally, my post stated that the badge on black's vehicle appeared low, but then I changed my mind and changed my post. After comparing mark's vehicle's badge to my vehicle's badge, I seem to be going back to my original thought. The badge on black's vehicle is not in the same exact location as the factory installed badges. Also, black's vehicle's badge seems to be at a different angle. Our factory installed badges seem to be a little higher on the left and the slope down to the right. Black's badge does not appear to do this. I would suggest that black take another picture of the rear of his vehicle from the same perspective and distance as our pictures. Once the new picture is posted, maybe we can make a better comparison. :confused:

P.S.: What do you mean by "Nevermind"? :dunno:

markl53 01-28-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRMESQ (Post 5808828)
This is a tough call. Originally, my post stated that the badge on black's vehicle appeared low, but then I changed my mind and changed my post. After comparing mark's vehicle's badge to my vehicle's badge, I seem to be going back to my original thought. The badge on black's vehicle is not in the same exact location as the factory installed badges. Also, black's vehicle's badge seems to be at a different angle. Our factory installed badges seem to be a little higher on the left and the slope down to the right. Black's badge does not appear to do this. I would suggest that black take another picture of the rear of his vehicle from the same perspective and distance as our pictures. Once the new picture is posted, maybe we can make a better comparison. :confused:

P.S.: What do you mean by "Nevermind"? :dunno:

I had also posted that I definitely thought his was low, then I saw your post again. I had thought you said it was low and then thought I mis-read it, LOL. Now I understand that you did change it from what I saw originally. So then I said "nevermind"...

GHOST PROTOCOL 01-28-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markl53 (Post 5808851)
I had also posted that I definitely thought his was low, then I saw your post again. I had thought you said it was low and then thought I mis-read it, LOL. Now I understand that you did change it from what I saw originally. So then I said "nevermind"...

You probably read my original post where I said that the badge appeared low, but then I edited that post after I changed my mind. I guess that my final answer (Did anyone say Regis Philbin?) is that the badge does in fact appear to be low and it is also not at the proper angle. This horribly serious defect clearly cries out for BMW to buy the vehicle back!!! I am not sure if I missed it, but why was the badge taken off in the first place?

EvolutionTheory 01-28-2011 10:03 PM

See, poor guy posts all excited his badges are back on because he likes that style and we all tell him they're mis-aligned or look better completely off.. :dunno:

xDrive Canuck 01-28-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvolutionTheory (Post 5809021)
See, poor guy posts all excited his badges are back on because he likes that style and we all tell him they're mis-aligned or look better completely off.. :dunno:

Lol.... But seriously no badges looks better IMO :)

nosnoop 01-29-2011 12:14 AM

I'd vote for WITH badge. :thumbup:

I would have preferred they keep the "x" there for xDrive as well. Not sure why they decide to delete it.

tdepetra 01-29-2011 04:48 AM

My vote:
Badges - no
Dot - yes

06Black550i 01-29-2011 07:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here it is now, and new.

eyesight1 01-29-2011 07:24 AM

I guess I am in the minority with MWARES212 I like the designation badges. I hate dealer ads pasted to the car, but BMW badges are OK. Dealer license plate frames are borderline acceptable to me.

GoBluBeemer 01-29-2011 11:02 AM

It's clearly a matter of personal pref., but I like the "steathiness" of the no badge look. With the badge, 535 drivers like me will be able to quickly assess the odds of beating you off the line at the next light :)

Z3_F10TxFan 01-29-2011 11:30 AM

De-badged provides cleaner and balanced look

1 Attachment(s)
IMO the rear deck of the trunk looks much cleaner and more in balance without the model designation pasted on...(See photo) After witnessing many of the Bimmers in Europe without their badges adorning the rear trunk, I grew to prefer the look and modified my 535i shortly after redelivery in the U.S.A. Another benefit: you'll never have to worry whether the model designation letters/numbers are too close to the edge of the trunk lid:)

pharding 01-29-2011 01:24 PM

Without badge looks better.

Photoxic 01-29-2011 10:25 PM

I debadged mine on the first day I got the car. I liked the clean look.

2008550I 01-29-2011 11:33 PM

My vote = with badge