Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Order Placed for April (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524117)

mhrir 03-03-2011 03:19 PM

Order Placed for April

Decided to take advantage of the pull ahead and replace the '08 328i with an X3 28i. The coming of our first child influenced our decision to something with more utility.
  • Sparkling Bronze
  • Sand Beige
  • Premium Pkg
  • Convenience Pkg
  • Heated seats/steering wheel

Negotiated my local dealer to $1100 over invoice, no mark up on the MF or acquisition fee. I prefer to buy local so I am happy with the price. Can't do PCD on this one due to other commitments.

The X3 is a better value than the 3 series right now. We thought about a 2wd wagon but it is the same money when comparably equipped and lacks some of the new features on the X3. Hopefully the incentives will improve by April.

We also signed up for the X3 driving event to get the $500 gift card for accessories. Plus $500 from BMW Club. Nice!

06BMWX3 03-03-2011 03:46 PM

Congrats!! Lot's of people seem's to go with the 28 :)

AzNMpower32 03-03-2011 03:57 PM

Not to rain on anyone's parade, I'd go for the wagon. Better reliability. For the X3, a new model, new factory, and new technology tends to lead to first-year teething problems.

MarcA78 03-03-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 (Post 5890760)
Not to rain on anyone's parade, I'd go for the wagon. Better reliability. For the X3, a new model, new factory, and new technology tends to lead to first-year teething problems.

The wagon is less of everything for the same price. Not exactly a hard choice. The X3 is better in every category.

Plus, they've been making the X5 and X6 in NC for a while now. Also you should keep in mind that the F25 has been for sale in Europe already. Any "teething problems" are likely to have shown up by now. And I'd like to see some actual data that proves that the first year model of a car has teething problems. This hasn't been my experience. Seems like an old wives tale.

wavewuver 03-03-2011 05:21 PM

Also signed up for the X3 Difference just for the $500. What's the deal with the other $500 for the BMW club??????

mhrir 03-03-2011 08:08 PM

Well, you will be able to take advantage on your next one....

http://stage.bmwcca.org/index.php?pa...ership_rewards

mhrir 03-03-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 (Post 5890760)

I don't make a purchasing decision based on reliability. If I did I guess I would buy a Kia or whatever Consumer Reports says is reliable and boring. Besides, I would hope the E90 is reliable since it has been built with minimal changes since 2005. It has been for me since I have had 2 now.

X3 production started in September 2010.

vrrooom 03-05-2011 01:58 PM

X3 Ordered Maybee

Trying to set up a PDC delivery for a new x3 for the first week of May. Ordered with dealer in Jan, specs depost et al, dealer waiting for April's allocation. Airfares have increased by hundreds of dollars in the wait period. BMW should care and stop gaming on allocations for sold cars. X3 3.5 - white/beige preformance pkg, cold weather pkg, nav, rails, premium pkg, screens, sat radio, prem sound. Same equipment as my other 3 x3's which were all ED.

tyresmoker 03-08-2011 09:25 AM

Just ordered a mineral silver with havana brown interior. Chose chestnut first..went and saw it...and ran from the dealership...Holy red!!!
Got SA package, bolstered seats with contrasting stitching look pretty cool.
Can't wait...and it is supposed to be my wifes car!

mhrir 03-08-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyresmoker (Post 5902145)
Just ordered a mineral silver with havana brown interior. Chose chestnut first..went and saw it...and ran from the dealership...Holy red!!!
Got SA package, bolstered seats with contrasting stitching look pretty cool.
Can't wait...and it is supposed to be my wifes car!

I assume you mean Mojave since Havana is not an option for the X3. I would personally prefer the anthracite headliner from the M package with that leather color. The grey headliner looks odd to me with brown. The tan headliner would be good too.

imtennisgoddess 03-08-2011 02:53 PM

I have the chestnut, it looks cinnamon and everybody that looks at it loves it. Me included.

tyresmoker 03-08-2011 04:51 PM

I am sure the chestred looks good with some exterior colors, it does not with mineral silver....unless you have a childhood fantasy to drive a clown car from the traveling circus. The combo of colors and textures with the rich exterior was just too much for my simple mind.
Havana and Mojave are the same color, Havana is just easier to spell.

imtennisgoddess 03-08-2011 07:41 PM

Mine is chestnut with black sapphire.

ScottX3 03-15-2011 12:26 PM

Talk to your dealer about option 6NR

You may want to talk to your dealer about option 6NR which is available starting in April for X3s. Its improved smartphone integration if that is of interest.

tyresmoker 03-15-2011 12:45 PM

Thank you for the heads up. Ours is an April build so I will ask the dealer.

mhrir 03-15-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottX3 (Post 5920173)
You may want to talk to your dealer about option 6NR which is available starting in April for X3s. Its improved smartphone integration if that is of interest.

6NR requires navigation, correct? That is my understanding.

ScottX3 03-15-2011 03:49 PM

6NR requires Navigation

Yes, it is my understanding that 6NR requires Navigation as well as the USB integration options. I'm hoping that it can be a firmware or software upgrade for those of us who have already taken delivery but I have not seen any info one way or another.