Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Cinnamon Brown (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524570)

culto 03-05-2011 12:14 PM

Cinnamon Brown

Was at the dealer today and saw a 550 with a cinnamon brown interior and I was not impressed. I currently have a white 328 xi with a saddle brown/black interior which I think is great. I am planning on ordering a 5 series and was thinking about space grey with a cinnamon brown interior but after seeing CB in person I was disappointed.

Anyone know if they may offer saddle/black as an interior for a 2012 5 series?

SRB7787 03-05-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culto (Post 5895184)
Was at the dealer today and saw a 550 with a cinnamon brown interior and I was not impressed. I currently have a white 328 xi with a saddle brown/black interior which I think is great. I am planning on ordering a 5 series and was thinking about space grey with a cinnamon brown interior but after seeing CB in person I was disappointed.

Anyone know if they may offer saddle/black as an interior for a 2012 5 series?

I love my CB interior but you must get the anthracite headliner with it. I think it's great looking.

markl53 03-05-2011 02:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SRB7787 (Post 5895342)
I love my CB interior but you must get the anthracite headliner with it. I think it's great looking.

+1. My previous 335i didn't have the option of the anthracite headliner with my Cinnamon (called Terra), but my 535i with the anthracite looks even better. Comparison images attached.

ihumphrey 03-05-2011 02:59 PM

I disagree with op, although this is personal pref, but we have cinnamon on our e70 and we absolutely love it! Much more unique than tan, black, etc.

jeffhoff 03-05-2011 05:46 PM

It's a personal preference, but the CB is my least favorite color for an interior. You're the one that has to get up and look at it every day, all that matters is what YOU think.

dunderhi 03-06-2011 06:49 AM

I wonder what the take rate is on CB? I picked CB because I'm tired of black interiors, and I don't like the way light interiors wear. I do think a black headliner with CB makes for a cleaner look.

Eirerogue 03-06-2011 09:05 AM

I love my CB interior with M Sport package

IMG_0073.JPG

Eirerogue 03-06-2011 09:11 AM

I love my CB interior with M Sport package!

07X3platinum 03-07-2011 08:10 AM

I tried to like the Cinnamon interior, but I think they used it on too many parts/panels. It's Cinnamon overload. If they had kept the lower part of the dash and the majority of the door panels black I would have liked it more, but I think the Oyster/Black interior looks the best.

Hopefully, BMW will add some interior colors for the 2012 or 2013 model, like Natural Brown/Black from the previous 5 series.

raleedy 03-07-2011 03:50 PM

How does Cinnamon compare to Saddle? In photos, it looks a bit darker, redder.

Erregend 03-07-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07X3platinum (Post 5899066)
....If they had kept the lower part of the dash and the majority of the door panels black I would have liked it more....

Did you look at the photos above? :dunno:

yuryk 03-07-2011 06:04 PM

I have cinnamon brown interior on my space grey f10 and IMO it is the best combination. I was debating between the black and cinnamon, but after checking out both pick the later and never regret.

tfire 03-07-2011 06:31 PM

I'm diggin the Cinnamon Brown. As others have said... it's different and works well with many exterior colors. I'm thrilled with it, but to each his own.

07X3platinum 03-07-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erregend (Post 5900275)
Did you look at the photos above? :dunno:

Yes, I did look at the pics. The lower part of the dash is Cinnamon and nearly half of the door panel is Cinnamon. Way too much brown for my taste even though I normally like brown interiors.

Maybe if it were a lighter shade of brown...

Probuste 10-06-2012 07:25 AM

Cinnamon Brown Interior

Just ordered my third 535xi, originally in Graphite II with Cinnamon Brown interior. Luckily I stopped into my AD yesterday to finish up some paperwork and lo and behold they had just received a 535 with the same color combo. No offense to anyone who has one please, but I just didn't like it; too many colors going on. I agree it does look better with the anthracite headliner, but I still preferred the stock all black interior with anthracite wood. IMO, the CB works better with Imperial Blue (they had one) ,Black Sapphire, or Carbon Black. I personally do not think it works well with any of the silver or greys. I absolutely wanted Graphite II, so I went black interior with anthracite wood for the third straight time. Fairly common I know, but I'll stick with what I like and know looks good.

GOLewin 10-06-2012 09:18 AM

That's so disappointing.. I was thinking the same combo graphite with cinnamon. I currently have a gray Audi S5 with red interior and love it and I thought that combo would be the closest. I live in westchester too, what dealer did you see that combo at? I who I'd like to view it also

John NY 10-06-2012 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Obviously a personal choice, but I really like the cinnamon. I got tired of the black, tan and grey interiors that I've have in my other cars.

The X Men 10-06-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07X3platinum (Post 5899066)
I tried to like the Cinnamon interior, but I think they used it on too many parts/panels. It's Cinnamon overload. If they had kept the lower part of the dash and the majority of the door panels black I would have liked it more, but I think the Oyster/Black interior looks the best.

Hopefully, BMW will add some interior colors for the 2012 or 2013 model, like Natural Brown/Black from the previous 5 series.

I agree a 100%, I almost went with Cinnamon brown, but I did not like the Cinnamon Brown color panels on the bottom half of the dash.

Decboy 10-06-2012 09:22 PM

Our X5 has CB interior. Wife loved it at first sight so we ordered CB with our X5. I personally prefer the Natural Brown we had in our E60 over the CB. However, BMW no longer offers Natural Brown anymore. I'm more of a black interior person....easier to maintain. But again, color is a subjective matter.

Probuste 10-06-2012 10:54 PM

CB Interior

I had a feeling that post would start some conversation. Again, no offense to anyone who has that combo, it just wasn't for me. I too did not like the cinnamon panels on the dash and the three colors (grey headliner) going on all at once. I'm sure it looks better with the anthracite headliner, but that necessitates ordering the M Sport package. Just for the record and to answer GOLewin's question, the 535xi I saw had dark wood accents and was located in the back lot at Pace BMW in Mamaoroneck. They also have a Graphite II 535xi with black interior/ anthracite wood for direct comparison. That's the one I chose to get, and again I emphasize I, as "in my opinion".

MBrown1003 10-07-2012 05:19 AM

I have cinnamon brown with anthracite wood trim in my 550i M Sport. People often comment on how nice and distinctive it is.

Recently, my 550i was in for service, and I got a new 528i as a loaner. (The 4-cylinder turbo was astonishing, but that's a topic for another thread.) The interior was black with one of the wood trims. The car didn't have all the fancy seat stuff (mine are active, sport, etc.), but it had nav and much of the same equipment I have in my car. I had a couple of people in the car at various times, and they commented that my car was significantly nicer. But the only (material) difference was the color.

GOLewin 10-07-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBrown1003 (Post 7118642)
I have cinnamon brown with anthracite wood trim in my 550i M Sport. People often comment on how nice and distinctive it is.

Recently, my 550i was in for service, and I got a new 528i as a loaner. (The 4-cylinder turbo was astonishing, but that's a topic for another thread.) The interior was black with one of the wood trims. The car didn't have all the fancy seat stuff (mine are active, sport, etc.), but it had nav and much of the same equipment I have in my car. I had a couple of people in the car at various times, and they commented that my car was significantly nicer. But the only (material) difference was the color.

What color is your exterior?

jagu 10-07-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBrown1003 (Post 7118642)

Yes your car was significantly nicer because it sounded better, you have the anthracite headliner, comfort seats, thicker steering wheel. Those trims make a significant difference.

MBrown1003 10-08-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOLewin (Post 7118678)
What color is your exterior?

Carbon Black Metallic

swajames 10-08-2012 06:53 PM

Always liked Cinnamon and Saddle Brown. Pair them well and it makes for a very special looking interior.