Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   20% off CTEK Amazon coupon (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528014)

chuckee98 03-19-2011 04:53 AM

20% off CTEK Amazon coupon

So my 10+ year old Battery Tender gave up the ghost the other day. I've had 3 Battery Tenders on my bike and multiple cars over the past 20 years, and have had 2 fail within that time, and figured it was time for something different. After doing some research, CTEK comes up frequently as a recommended maintenance charger, and I decided to get one. Found a coupon posted on the 'net for 20% off at Amazon, which sealed the deal. (Amazon was also kind enough to send me a coupon AFTER I had made my purchase. LOL.)

So, I figured I'd share with anyone who may be considering a CTEK purchase from Amazon - 20% off plus free shipping:

As someone who has shown an interest in automotive parts and accessories at Amazon.com, you might like to know about our special coupon code offer that will save you an additional 20% on our everyday low prices for select battery chargers and maintainers.

To receive your coupon code discount, simply add the item to your Shopping Cart and then enter the associated coupon code when prompted during checkout. Please note, these codes can only be used once per customer and only apply to products sold by Amazon.com. They do not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com website.

To get 20% off the everyday low price of the CTEK Multi US 7002 12-volt battery charger or CTEK Multi US 3300 12-volt Smart battery charger, enter coupon code CTEKDEAL.

dodell66 03-19-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckee98 (Post 5929841)
So my 10+ year old Battery Tender gave up the ghost the other day. I've had 3 Battery Tenders on my bike and multiple cars over the past 20 years, and have had 2 fail within that time, and figured it was time for something different. After doing some research, CTEK comes up frequently as a recommended maintenance charger, and I decided to get one. Found a coupon posted on the 'net for 20% off at Amazon, which sealed the deal. (Amazon was also kind enough to send me a coupon AFTER I had made my purchase. LOL.)

So, I figured I'd share with anyone who may be considering a CTEK purchase from Amazon - 20% off plus free shipping:

As someone who has shown an interest in automotive parts and accessories at Amazon.com, you might like to know about our special coupon code offer that will save you an additional 20% on our everyday low prices for select battery chargers and maintainers.

To receive your coupon code discount, simply add the item to your Shopping Cart and then enter the associated coupon code when prompted during checkout. Please note, these codes can only be used once per customer and only apply to products sold by Amazon.com. They do not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com website.

To get 20% off the everyday low price of the CTEK Multi US 7002 12-volt battery charger or CTEK Multi US 3300 12-volt Smart battery charger, enter coupon code CTEKDEAL.

Thank you.:thumbup:

GiaGiaJa 03-19-2011 02:16 PM

I will love to use that coupon if you are willing to provide DIY video :) for our community.
Thanks for a fantastic saving.

chuckee98 03-19-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodell66 (Post 5930625)
Thank you.:thumbup:

You're welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiaGiaJa (Post 5930960)
I will love to use that coupon if you are willing to provide DIY video :) for our community.
Thanks for a fantastic saving.

I don't have a DIY unfortunately. It's not too difficult to hook it up - it comes with both clamps that you can hook up to the + & - either under the hood, or directly to the battery in the trunk, and also eyelets so you can directly hook up to the battery for a more permanent installation. Both are connected to the charger with a fused quick connect/disconnect.

BobsM3Coupe 03-19-2011 05:41 PM

So which model is the best to get? I believe my car has a AGM battery.

chuckee98 03-20-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe (Post 5931390)
So which model is the best to get? I believe my car has a AGM battery.

I went with the 3300, since my intention is to use it as a maintenance charger for a seasonal car with an AGM battery (Optima Yellow Top) that doesn't get much use. Currently, however, the older Battery Tender (the last one of the 3 that I have) is still hooked up. The 7002, although it has more features and a larger charging current capacity, was unnecessary for me. Also, the ability for the 7002 charger to charge faster than the 3300 wasn't needed either, since I have a jump pack if the situation warrants.

You can't go wrong with either.

http://smartercharger.com/battery-chargers/

Ilovemycar 05-22-2011 04:48 PM

I just hooked up my first "smart" trickle charger, the CTEK 3300 (I just received it yesterday from Detailer Domain's recent sale).

It took about 24 hours to fully charge at AGM setting! :yikes:

I don't use DRLs, barely use the radio, and always lock immediately upon exiting the vehicle to put her to sleep quickly. Well, dang, I'm going to charge at least every couple of months I think, maybe even more frequently. She is my fun car.

Gonna charge the truck battery next.

I highly recommend picking up a charger if most drives are short, and that's coming from a Southern Californian!