Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   335d lease or wait for F30 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529083)

santamonica00 03-23-2011 11:40 AM

335d lease or wait for F30

I test drove the 335d about a year ago and loved the car but had a hard time believing I could give up my current car with 3 pedals. I've come to the point that I do want the car and would like to get it ASAP (as long as one is available and I don't have to order one).

Here's where I need some advice: Do I wait for the F30 assuming a diesel will be in the 2013MY? Has anyone heard if there will be a diesel out right away or will it be delayed and what are the est specs? If there isn't one coming until 2014MY, it makes sense to me to get the car now. Appreciate the thoughts.

aljlin 03-24-2011 02:27 AM

From all indications that I've seen diesel model is not going to come out with the initial rollout of F30 sedan. Diesel model may be introduced here a year or two after the gas variants are introduced and available. So if you're wanting a diesel, and don't want to wait over a year, then I would just go with the e90 335d. BTW, if you have trouble finding a model with the desired specs, there are quite a few diesels on the lot in the northern california dealers, so you can extend your search for a diesel to match your desired configuration to up here if you can't find anything down in southern california. If anything, it'll give you an opportunity for a nice road trip to bring it back down there. It's a great road trip car!

santamonica00 03-24-2011 08:26 AM

Great

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljlin (Post 5943051)
From all indications that I've seen diesel model is not going to come out with the initial rollout of F30 sedan. Diesel model may be introduced here a year or two after the gas variants are introduced and available. So if you're wanting a diesel, and don't want to wait over a year, then I would just go with the e90 335d. BTW, if you have trouble finding a model with the desired specs, there are quite a few diesels on the lot in the northern california dealers, so you can extend your search for a diesel to match your desired configuration to up here if you can't find anything down in southern california. If anything, it'll give you an opportunity for a nice road trip to bring it back down there. It's a great road trip car!

Really appreciate the insight. That really does make the decision easier considering my lack of patience!

jlr4702 03-24-2011 09:23 AM

I just had my 1-year anniversary with my 335d. I never had a car with less than 3 pedals and never thought I would be happy with an automatic--until this one. Something about the diesel engine + the transmission in the 335d far exceeded my expectations and I am more than happy with it. It's the best car I've ever owned.