Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   The official E9x OT thread! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532682)

Emission 04-06-2011 09:03 AM

The official E9x OT thread!

Many of you have asked for it... so here it is.

While this is OT, all of the rules still apply. Keep in mind that personal attacks an NSFW material will get posters in hot water.

Enjoy.

- Mike

S4RIN 04-06-2011 09:06 AM

Is this an off-topic 3 series discussion?

How does this differ from the rest of the board?

MMME30W 04-06-2011 09:07 AM

ibtl.

: popcorn:

andyffer 04-06-2011 09:07 AM

in before the lock...

EDIT 5 seconds after post: DAMN YOU LLANDO

MMME30W 04-06-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyffer (Post 5975785)
in before the lock...

...Llando...

EDIT 5 seconds after post: DAMN YOU LLANDO

hahaha

andyffer 04-06-2011 09:09 AM

Emission, what's your take on the SLS? Seen a few running around so people must really like em.
Drive well? Styling is pretty sweet inside and out

Ryan... 04-06-2011 09:10 AM

Good luck, I really do think this same type of thread has done a lot of good for the e36 guys!

Emission 04-06-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S4RIN (Post 5975782)

All threads in this forum are "supposed" to be centered around the E9x off topic content is generally moved to the dedicated OT forums (OT/PolySci) by the mods. Members of this forum have asked for a dedicated thread, just for OT content, allowing our "E9x community" to join the conversation without having to leave the comfort of our neighborhood... I mean, this forum.

The members asked for it, we listened. (The E36 forum has the same type of thread, running with much success.)

If it works, I will stick it. If it fails, it gets closed.

- Mike

DSXMachina 04-06-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan... (Post 5975794)
Good luck, I really do think this same type of thread has done a lot of good for the e36 guys!

Ryan, thanks for your advice on the E36 OT Thread, I think the way you guys run that is an inspiration to us, and helped our Mods give the:thumbup: to us having one as well.

Emission 04-06-2011 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyffer (Post 5975792)
Emission, what's your take on the SLS? Seen a few running around so people must really like em.
Drive well? Styling is pretty sweet inside and out

I had one for a full week in February. While the styling isn't exactly spectacular in my eyes, the engine (and exhaust note) changes the game. Nothing like a tuned 563 horsepower 6.2-liter V8 (MB calls it a 6.3-liter, but it is really 6208 cc). Step on the gas and it hunkers down and scooooots! It handles well too. Yes, it is a lot of fun to drive.

Of course, it gets TONS of looks and compliments. My son really enjoyed when we would pull into a strip mall/shopping center and open the gullwing doors in unison. :thumbup: Of all the cars I have had over the years, the SLS captured the most attention I spent more than an hour in a grocery store parking lot allowing people to sit in it and take pictures one afternoon.

I have a story about it coming up in Autoblog in a week or so.

(I took the pic in front of my house.)

- Mike

cwinter 04-06-2011 09:21 AM

Finally we can openly talk about what's really important without getting into trouble: women and beer.

:thumbup:

DSXMachina 04-06-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S4RIN (Post 5975782)

Hi S4RIN, take a look at "The Official E36 OT Thread" and you'll get a good idea of how we hope it will work in this forum.

Background: Jocamryn posted a thread in 'Feedback' suggesting this thread be started here, others agreed, the mods agreed, the powers that be agreed, and now here we are.

cwinter 04-06-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emission (Post 5975826)
I had one for a full week in February. While the styling isn't exactly spectacular in my eyes, the engine (and exhaust note) changes the game. Nothing like a tuned 563 horsepower 6.2-liter V8 (MB calls it a 6.3-liter, but it is really 6208 cc). Step on the gas and it hunkers down and scooooots! It handles well too. Yes, it is a lot of fun to drive.

Of course, it gets TONS of looks and compliments. My son really enjoyed when we would pull into a strip mall/shopping center and open the gullwing doors in unison. :thumbup: Of all the cars I have had over the years, the SLS captured the most attention I spent more than an hour in a grocery store parking lot allowing people to sit in it and take pictures one afternoon.

I have a story about it coming up in Autoblog in a week or so.

(I took the pic in front of my house.)

- Mike

I saw one of these tooling through the parking lot not so long ago. It clearly is a LOOKER. I think the front is fantastic -- very aggressive and it has the exhaust note to back it up (even just slowly moving through the lot, can't imagine what it sounds like if you give it some throttle!) However, once the car passed and I saw the rear I was rather unimpressed. Styling is so subjective though and no need to mention that I would take one in a heartbeat if given the chance. What a vehicle.

Emission 04-06-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwinter (Post 5975847)
I saw one of these tooling through the parking lot not so long ago. It clearly is a LOOKER. I think the front is fantastic -- very aggressive and it has the exhaust note to back it up (even just slowly moving through the lot, can't imagine what it sounds like if you give it some throttle!) However, once the car passed and I saw the rear I was rather unimpressed. Styling is so subjective though and no need to mention that I would take one in a heartbeat if given the chance. What a vehicle.

I drove the McLaren SLR two weeks ago... 204 mph (but that's another story). I like the way the SLS drives, but I like the SLR styling (just bad-ass).

- Mike

DSXMachina 04-06-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwinter (Post 5975825)
Finally we can openly talk about what's really important without getting into trouble: women and beer.

Maybe not, this isn't titled "The blanket amnesty thread." We should start slow and see where it goats from there.

E92Submarine 04-06-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwinter (Post 5975825)
Finally we can openly talk about what's really important without getting into trouble: feet and beer.

Fixed

Ryan... 04-06-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSXMachina (Post 5975810)
Ryan, thanks for your advice on the E36 OT Thread, I think the way you guys run that is an inspiration to us, and helped our Mods give the:thumbup: to us having one as well.

Anytime, I cant wait to see how this goes over with this crowd :D

cwinter 04-06-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSXMachina (Post 5975860)
Maybe not, this isn't titled "The blanket amnesty thread." We should start slow and see where it goats from there.

Man, one post in and reprimanded... :(

So I had this Chevy Malibu as a rental this weekend.... :eeps: .... better? :dunno:

CALWATERBOY 04-06-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emission (Post 5975773)

Many of you have asked for it... so here it is.

While this is OT, all of the rules still apply. Keep in mind that personal attacks an NSFW material will get posters in hot water.

Enjoy.

Now look big E, how's a guy to follow sub-plots?

I mean, a single thread quickly fragments.....chilled tootsies....moderator eruptions....animal husbandry....legal advice....dealer recommendations....Audis....

Should there be an index? :jack:

DSXMachina 04-06-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwinter (Post 5975899)
Man, one post in and reprimanded... :(

So I had this Chevy Malibu as a rental this weekend.... :eeps: .... better? :dunno:

Hey C-dub, I wanna hear all about your Malibu, was it as good as the Cobalt I rented?

PS Your daughter is quite a cutey.

Nordic_Kat 04-06-2011 10:05 AM

Mike - Thanks for doing this. It will be interesting to see how it unravels. Question: If someone posts a new thread, for example: "Comparing the two POS rental cars I had this weekend", will the mod's be able to merge that thread into this one?

Emission 04-06-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY (Post 5975909)

Should there be an index? :jack:

Good idea. Please get on it.

- Mike

Emission 04-06-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat (Post 5975946)
Mike - Thanks for doing this. It will be interesting to see how it unravels. Question: If someone posts a new thread, for example: "Comparing the two POS rental cars I had this weekend", will the mod's be able to merge that thread into this one?

Good question... that may muddy the water, as it will likely drop random posts into their sequential time slots (I think) confusing all. I really don't know. :dunno:

- Mike

Ryan... 04-06-2011 10:08 AM

In the e36 section nothing ever gets merged into the OT thread, we just let it die and fade away like many threads should..

cwinter 04-06-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSXMachina (Post 5975933)
Hey C-dub, I wanna hear all about your Malibu, was it as good as the Cobalt I rented?

PS Your daughter is quite a cutey

Since you call a couple of these critters your own, you know exactly what the trouble is at this point though: not only is she cute, but now she knows it. :)