Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E70 (2007 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Wish list for the 2013 F40 X5 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533741)

xdrive 04-10-2011 09:23 PM

Wish list for the 2013 F40 X5

Wish list for the 2013 F40 X5 - in case BMW is reading this forum

1. 3rd row option be a little bit more spacious
2. 2nd row continue to be able to move forward/backward
3. Sport Package / M-sport Package (with areo kit) be release at time of launch
4. Full black panel dashboard
5. Red leather interior and mineral white exterior
6. Hydraulic suspension with ride height adjustment (also with easy entry function by lowering the car)
7. Understand that the F40 X5 may grow in size but please do not make it too much longer than it is now (the current length of the car is just right)
8. Less heavy

Thanks! :)

0428 04-11-2011 04:11 AM

How do you suppose the engineers keep the same overall length of the car but give you more 3rd row space? When that happens, they will call it the new X7, and knowing BMW, surely that will not happen anytime soon IMHO.

My wishist:

More masculine and aggressive looks. Don't go soft and round BMW, I see what you are doing to the X3 and the new 5 & new 7.
More power!
More power!
Same prices.
White dash instrumentation lighting perhaps.
More power!
More power!

Surfrider 04-11-2011 07:09 AM

-Trash the fugly wheels on the X5M and come up with something much better.
-Base audio system comparable to any other manufacturer in this price bracket. Current one is terrible.
-Agree on the ride height adjustment.
-Comfort Access standard.
-X5 50i should come with the X6's performance power kit (tuning) upgrade as standard for 440hp / 480ft-lbs tq.
http://www******bmwusa.com/ProductDe...3033&perf=true

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Although with a complete redisign due for 2014 I can imagine anything groundbreaking would be held off for that model.

roadkillrob 04-11-2011 07:32 AM

Definitely with you on interior volume, especially 3rd row space which is very tight.

Decent base stereo.

Back door that doesn't rattle and can close from the keyfob like all other electric doors (even Toyota woks from the remote!)

Better rear seat entertainment with dual monitors and idrive integration.

8 speed DCT

Stop with the stupid packaging on the 3.5i and make it like the 5.0 and diesel - base model, add what you want - none of this ridiculous base, premium, SA!

pk9394 04-11-2011 01:57 PM

M with 3rd row

Penguin 04-11-2011 03:08 PM

A Navigation system that works as well as a $100 Garmin.

Inline Sixer 04-11-2011 05:26 PM

it absolutely needs:

1. a mini refrigerator
2. coffee maker
3. option for a disco ball
4. portable fly swatter

gogatorsx5 04-11-2011 06:02 PM

Does anybody here have a job?

0428 04-11-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gogatorsx5 (Post 5989231)

No, it just happens that our X5s all had fallen from the back of trucks. :D

Inline Sixer 04-11-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

I was homeless and addicted to crack. I eventually taught myself to read and write after having discovered a discarded issue of playboy magazine in a dumpster. I eventually got a college scholarship on my way to becoming a productive member of society.

samsonitep 04-11-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

When will it be mine turn for job??

huxtea2 04-11-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inline Sixer (Post 5989464)
I was homeless and addicted to crack. I eventually taught myself to read and write after having discovered a discarded issue of playboy magazine in a dumpster. I eventually got a college scholarship on my way to becoming a productive member of society.

Can I have your Playboy when you're done with it? :bigpimp:

quackbury 04-11-2011 08:45 PM

1. Avoid the F10's silly electric steering like the plague.
  2. Make non-RFT's an option.
  3. Don't think for a second about discontinuing the optional spare tire.
  4. Equip the car with a scissors jack that actually works (ours is crap - made of linguine).
  5. Change NAV suppliers. The new routing algorythms and POI's flat out suck.
  6. Allow NAV updates to be downloaded from the web.
  7. Upgradable phone and entertainment apps. Tech changes, and early adapters shouldn't be penalized.
  8. Perforated leather should be available, regardless of whether or not active ventilation is ordered.
  9. Remote start.
  10. Torque vectoring. It's ludicrous that entry level Fords offer it, but you can't get it on a $70,000 X5.
  11. Self levelling suspension.
  12. Factory trailer hitch for under $500 installed, that looks designed-in, not added-on.
  13. Aero tweaks to keep the running boards clean, so your pant leg isn't permanently soiled.
  14. Honest to goodness locking diffs. Okay if they're an option.
  15. Real dipsticks.
  16. Better quality / higher resolution display. My phone shouldn't have a prettier display than my car!
  17. Comfort access should be standard. As should a flashlight and a real tool kit.
  18. Dustless (or "dust less") brake pads

samsonitep 04-12-2011 07:37 AM

heated windshield on cold weather package
paddle shifts as an option
height adjustment
when I open the door in the rain, the drain should actually drain rather than spill water over my seats.

Inline Sixer 04-12-2011 08:32 AM

All kidding aside, my opinion is that the X5 should make improvements in ride quality.

I do love the X5 handling characteristics that make it such fun to drive and I'd prefer it to any kind of wallowy buick-esque ride, but how is it that my sportier 3-series handles bumps better and has a more comfortable ride quality?!

rblanshan 04-13-2011 05:44 AM

I am going to leave all the techie stuff to you men as I am definitely not an expert in that area! All I want for a future X5, besides everything it has now, is a slightly bigger 3rd row. I am talking about a few more inches of leg room back there so that when my current X5 is ready to be traded in, I can get another one and still fit some kids back there! I think the Navigation can be improved, I would prefer to be able to type everything in vs. having street names/addresses popping up. It's frustrating when the address I am trying to put in does not come up. The 3rd row is the biggest deal for me as that will determine if I buy another one or not. I won't be able to fit teenagers back there as it is now, and I HAVE to be able to do that. Gotta love us soccer mom's taking over the X5....the other day I was at a light and 3 out of the 5 cars stopped were an X5.

ahimanic 04-13-2011 10:08 AM

+1 on "Factory trailer hitch for under $500 installed, that looks designed-in, not added-on." Any other SUV's or trucks on the road today has it! My old 2001 Xterra has this factory option for $279!!

The current $1000-$1500 dealer installed X5 hitch is outrageously expensive. What adds insult to the injury is the asymmetrical bumper cut-out showing the muffler and the stamped metal frame for the cut-out look worse than a Pep Boys DIY add-on accessory! Major FAIL on an otherwise beautifully designed vehicle.

two-five boy 04-13-2011 11:56 AM

Better Nav System

Paddle shifter, at least on the Sport pkg.

A real "sport" suspension on the sport pkg.

No more RFT's!!

0428 04-13-2011 12:03 PM

No offense but anyone who uses a sporty SAV to tow is :loco:

samsonitep 04-13-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0428 (Post 5993645)

I am the only one who drives in mine lol...only used my back seats maybe 2-3....

or that just means I have no friends :(

quackbury 04-13-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0428 (Post 5993645)

Dude, you need more toys. And I'm not necessarily talking Airstream. Someone on here posted pics of his D towing his race car. I forget who it is, but he's my hero. Another uses his D to tow his boat from CT to the Outer Banks.

Sure you could use an F350 SD to tow, but getting there ain't going to be even half the fun, and once you get where you're going, you're stuck riding in a pick'em-up.

335i 04-13-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quackbury (Post 5994821)
Dude, you need more toys. And I'm not necessarily talking Airstream. Someone on here posted pics of his D towing his race car. I forget who it is, but he's my hero. Another uses his D to tow his boat from CT to the Outer Banks.

Sure you could use an F350 SD to tow, but getting there ain't going to be even half the fun, and once you get where you're going, you're stuck riding in a pick'em-up.

+1. Boats, jet skis, race cars..

I would definitely rather be towing a boat with an X5 than a pickup. My buddy hauls his boat with a pickup.. and while it gets the job done.. :yawn:

Surfrider 04-14-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Although youre being a complete douche in the other thread, I completely agree 100% with you here.

If I wanted to tow something simple as a pair of jet-skis, why the hell shouldnt I with this? You see all sorts of toys being towed by Mercs and Range Rovers. Cant say I would ever agree to hitch up a massive travel trailer or anything, but if someone wanted to the option should be there and look as well done and integrated as the rest of the vehicle.

the kidd 04-14-2011 12:42 AM

how about bumpers that don't suck:)

0428 04-14-2011 04:33 AM

Quote:

I would most definitely agree with more toys! But the agreement sadly ends there. I have seen some fantastic automobiles such as the RR (and I don't mean Range Rover), X5M, 750i, CLS and what not with chrome rims and blasting Britney Spears, but it doesnt make it right, or ok for me to follow suit now does it? ;) :yikes: