Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   5 Series (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Pics, Pics, Lots of Pics! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53385)

Lomag 02-22-2004 01:21 PM

Pics, Pics, Lots of Pics!
 
Hey Guys and Gals! Here's some pics for you all since there's a noticeable lack of pics around here! I picked up my car yesterday afternoon. A Mystic Blue 545i, Gray Leather Interior with Anthracite Trim. Sport package, NAV, Logic7, PDC, Cold weather package, Sun shades, Comfort seats, Fold down rear seats and heated rear seats! Truly the Ultimate Driving Machine!! So enough chit chat, here's the pics.

Here's some of the exterior. Alan if you want you can use the first pic on the main page. I have a high res version of all these pics if you want too.
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/frontnice.jpg

http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/frontnicelower.jpg

http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/frontleft.jpg

http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/front.jpg

http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/rearright.jpg

Here's my big arse... hehehehe
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/rear.jpg

Rear rim...
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/rearwheel.jpg

And most the most important part of the car!!
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/engine.jpg


Here's some interior shots
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/intdriver.jpg

http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/intpassenger.jpg

The car originally had 7 miles when I got it at the dealer but I forgot my digital camera. Oh well.. still only 24 miles!
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/odometer.jpg

Hey Gizmo.. this one's especially for you! Check out the door handle ;)
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/doorhandle.jpg

Rear shades up...
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/rearshades.jpg

http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/rearshades2.jpg

I ordered the rear seat heating to get rid of these ugly rectangle cutouts and I still have some left.. Hmmm.. I wonder what they're used for.
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/rearcenterconsole.jpg

Yeah we all love cup holders..
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/rearcupholders.jpg

I didn't know about this.. after you pull down the center arm rest thing. You get this view. You can remove that cover and gain access to the trunk. Pretty

cool. So you can't lock your keys in the trunk afterall...
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/trunkaccessclosed.jpg

http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/trunkaccessopen.jpg


Here's some misc iDrive screens.. First the warning when you statup the car
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/idrivewarning.jpg

The main screen which everybody knows..
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/idrivemainscreen.jpg

The NAV map.. pretty cool. The female speaks wierd english.
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/navmap.jpg

And PDC... which is different compared to other pics I've seen.
http://www.bmw545.com/MyCar/pdc.jpg


Well thats all for now folks! Oh wait... my new sig pic! Finally updated!

Peace out, Enjoy :)

Tsandas 02-22-2004 01:30 PM

Looks Great! I see the rear Reflectors. Did you put those in?
Did yours come with weather band?

Lomag 02-22-2004 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsandas
Looks Great! I see the rear Reflectors. Did you put those in?
Did yours come with weather band?

Yep, I had ordered 35+ pairs from a dealership in Canada about a month ago and distributed them to various bimmer folks. Mostly on RF but s'ok.

It did come with weather band. Its an option inside the Entertainment section.

AM FM WB CD .. atleast i think thats the order. What is that anyway? An emergency type broadcast station?

Tsandas 02-22-2004 01:52 PM

It is used for getting the weather from the national weather service.
Tell me about the voice commands? Do they work with Nav? Radio??? Is there a list??
I have a 545i on order for April Dellivery so I am very interested in all of this and you are one of the few who have one with Nav!
Thanks

Lomag 02-22-2004 03:28 PM

Unfortunately voice command is currently not available. My car came with "Voice Activation Preparation". I'm told that voice command should be available in Spring 2004 and it's just a software update to activate the system. April delivery would give you an early March build which is quite soon so you probably won't have voice activation either. Atleast not initially. When I took the car it was a surprise to me since no one mentioned this online on any of the boards I visit, but, as long as its perfect when we get it thats all that matters. I dont want buggy software in my car like the new 7 series has. :)

Patrick330i 02-22-2004 03:42 PM

Hey, congrats. :thumbup: Very nice looking ride and thorough gallery. I enjoyed looking at your pics. :)

Tsandas 02-22-2004 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomag
Unfortunately voice command is currently not available. My car came with "Voice Activation Preparation". I'm told that voice command should be available in Spring 2004 and it's just a software update to activate the system. April delivery would give you an early March build which is quite soon so you probably won't have voice activation either. Atleast not initially. When I took the car it was a surprise to me since no one mentioned this online on any of the boards I visit, but, as long as its perfect when we get it thats all that matters. I dont want buggy software in my car like the new 7 series has. :)

Thanks, my build date is the 13th week of the year which is around end March. I waited for HUD as well. I will ask my dealer to find out.
Thanks

BillKach 02-22-2004 05:31 PM

Looks awesome Lomag! congrats! you really got yours loaded!
Thanks for showing the Anthracite on the doors - now that I've seen it I think I might stick with the "aluminum" that came with the earlier build. I think the anth. on the doors looks a little too busy.
hmm- I wonder why you have Weather band and I don't - I guess you're rewarded with more than just Nav for being patient.

Nice reflectors!

MMME30W 02-22-2004 05:51 PM

Nice Ride :thumbup:

Still see that mpg meter in the 5'er - I would have thought that would have been deleted finally -- what in the world are they thinking :dunno:

TriflowM5+M3 02-22-2004 06:19 PM

still not sold on the new designs but congrats on the new baby

bmw540i 02-22-2004 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriflowM5+M3
still not sold on the new designs but congrats on the new baby

Me too... I think it looks very nice, what Im really happy about is that it doesnt make the E39 look really old.

MarcusSDCA 02-22-2004 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillKach
Looks awesome Lomag! congrats! you really got yours loaded!
Thanks for showing the Anthracite on the doors - now that I've seen it I think I might stick with the "aluminum" that came with the earlier build. I think the anth. on the doors looks a little too busy.
hmm- I wonder why you have Weather band and I don't - I guess you're rewarded with more than just Nav for being patient.

Nice reflectors!

Great pics...congrats....I also have an April (30th) pickup...so I hope I get the voice command up and running...and I want it to be in a German voice so I get the whole ED experience!! I think the anthracite is great...I'm not a big fan of brown wood trim....I was kind of hoping to get aluminum trim but it has mysteriously disappeared from the options list...even though it is in the first brochure for the new 5. I have aluminum trim and alum. shifter in my 330i and it looks awesome.

Mark/San Diego
2004 545i/Sport/Nav/Logic7/Fold-down seats/Sat prep/Silver/Black/Anthracite ED 4/30/04

mogmen 02-23-2004 12:29 PM

Hello Lomag,

I like your ride! It looks HOT! I too purchased a 545i w/sport and other options. I will be taking delivery in Munich in April. I have a question concerning the steering wheel. Since i ordered sport will it come with the silver trim? Or did you order that special? I was told mine would not.

Thanks in advance.

Mogmen

Lomag 02-23-2004 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogmen
Hello Lomag,

I like your ride! It looks HOT! I too purchased a 545i w/sport and other options. I will be taking delivery in Munich in April. I have a question concerning the steering wheel. Since i ordered sport will it come with the silver trim? Or did you order that special? I was told mine would not.

Thanks in advance.

Mogmen

Yes, you'll get the silver trim on the steering wheel. :thumbup:

missing23 02-23-2004 02:36 PM

I LIKE it...'cept for the auto part :p

The 5'er is growing on me...saw a 545 on the street the other day...looks way better in person I must say!

mogmen 02-23-2004 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomag
Yes, you'll get the silver trim on the steering wheel. :thumbup:

Lomag,

Can i get the wheel without the silver trim? My sales guy says i can.

Ed

bigredexpy 02-24-2004 10:22 AM

Congrats Lomag. Very nice. :thumbup:
How bad or good is the gas mileage ?

Is there a big difference in the passing power between the 545 vs 530

mrbelk 02-24-2004 11:11 AM

Lomag,

Are the programmable steering wheel buttons working? Have you found an "optimal" setup for them?

-MrB

missing23 02-24-2004 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigredexpy
Congrats Lomag. Very nice. :thumbup:
How bad or good is the gas mileage ?

Is there a big difference in the passing power between the 545 vs 530

Night and day!

Ågent99 02-24-2004 03:26 PM

Mark,

Congrats...she's a beaut! Color is similar to mine (topaz blue).

Chris

03BMW330 02-24-2004 03:43 PM

It looks like you got all the toys :thumbup:
how about HUD?

F1Crazy 02-24-2004 03:43 PM

Why do they leave completely useless mpg gauge but delete coolant temp one? :mad:

Lomag 02-24-2004 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbelk
Lomag,

Are the programmable steering wheel buttons working? Have you found an "optimal" setup for them?

-MrB

You can only program one of the buttons if you get the NAV system. The diamond button on top is fixed to repeating NAV directions. The star button is the only one which can be programmed and I personally have that set to mute the radio.

Glad you guys enjoyed the pics. I felt it was about time some got posted. :bigpimp:

BillKach 02-24-2004 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbelk
Lomag,

Are the programmable steering wheel buttons working? Have you found an "optimal" setup for them?

-MrB

They work fine for me - I have one set for mute and the other to turn off the I-Drive screen which can be annoying at night.

spec33 02-29-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomag
You can only program one of the buttons if you get the NAV system. The diamond button on top is fixed to repeating NAV directions. The star button is the only one which can be programmed and I personally have that set to mute the radio.

Glad you guys enjoyed the pics. I felt it was about time some got posted. :bigpimp:

Great car and color Lomag, I'll pick mine up in a couple of days. Orient Blue 525 with nav, heads up display, Premium, sport, cold weather, PDC, premium sound and HUD. I have not seen anyone discuss the phone? What is the deal with it?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms