Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Interior Trim (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534401)

superspry 04-13-2011 02:25 PM

Interior Trim

I have had my 2007 328i for about a year now, approaching 68K. Everything has been perfect except the interior trim, which happend to be the wood color. On the passenger side, there is slight crack running vertically, the part above the glove compartment. Horrible!!!!!! When theres a passenger there thats exactly what they see... also, the clips on the drivers side door, whats used to hold the trim on, have come out or broke off or something. I dont really know, i just know its looks like trash and im very dissappointed... this is not bimmer status.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there at least a way to hold the trim on the door back in place?

CanuckPuck 04-13-2011 04:23 PM

I too have a 2007 328i and just had the trim around my cupholders replaced under warranty as it no longer clipped into place properly. I am quite stunned at some of the apparent shoddy quality for such a vehicle. No issues yet with the door trim.

BMWFTW91 04-13-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superspry (Post 5994023)
I have had my 2007 328i for about a year now, approaching 68K. Everything has been perfect except the interior trim, which happend to be the wood color. On the passenger side, there is slight crack running vertically, the part above the glove compartment. Horrible!!!!!! When theres a passenger there thats exactly what they see... also, the clips on the drivers side door, whats used to hold the trim on, have come out or broke off or something. I dont really know, i just know its looks like trash and im very dissappointed... this is not bimmer status.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there at least a way to hold the trim on the door back in place?

I have never had that certain problem, but I have had problems with the rest of the interior.

Take your vehicle to the local Bmw dealer and see how much it will cost you to fix.

Edb5020 04-14-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Simple. Bring it to the ****in dealer and they will fix it! :thumbup: Had 3 BMW's and never had a scratch on the trim. The trim doesn't just crack nor does it dislodge from the clips unless it is taken care of in an irresponsible manner.............

BMW-Esq. 04-14-2011 07:46 AM

Most likely your dealer will tell you its a "YP" (your problem) unless its completely coming off.

I can tell you from personal experience (i replaced my alum. trim due to scratches) that the large dash piece is around $250-300, as well as the center console.

CALWATERBOY 04-14-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

I have had my 2007 328i for about a year now, approaching 68K.

2007 E9X famous for problems.

Never buy the first or last year of production.

I like the 3rd+ year -- by then, many problems fixed, though it took BMW 4 years to fix a simple problem, sypmtoms being bad HPFP and injecters. :yikes: