Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E89 Z4 (2009 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Crazy "is" residuals! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540923)

Kief 05-12-2011 05:42 AM

Crazy "is" residuals!
 
Anyone in the market for an "is" should jump on May's rates. 82% for 24 months @ 10k a year! Plus many of these Zs have been on dealer's lots for months so there is plenty of room to negotiate.

My local dealer had one listed online, but it sold 2 months ago and they never took it off their site :(

dima123 05-12-2011 06:46 AM

Is it possible to get z4 for under 400 a month now with loyalty .thanks

smehtani 05-12-2011 02:08 PM

I have never leased before... is this Z4 deal one of the best arround and do they come rare or does BMW offer these rates often?

Display_Name 05-12-2011 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dima123 (Post 6060334)
Is it possible to get z4 for under 400 a month now with loyalty .thanks

It should be (not including sales tax) on a Z4 3.0i with almost no options, 7 MSDs, loyalty bump and no padding of the acquisition fee.

Base Money Factor -- .00160
7x MSD Discount -- .00049
Loyalty Discount -- .00030 (I've read that this is available, but I don't know the details for sure)

Final (not padded) Money Factor -- .00081

Assumes total out of pocket would be security deposits, no cap cost reduction, no downpayment, acquisition fee rolled into payments, payments don't include tax, dealer contribution (price break on car) of $2,500, 10k miles per year, 24 months.

See attached.

Now, finding such a car or a dealer willing to order one and a dealer willing to do the deal...

Display_Name 05-12-2011 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dima123 (Post 6060334)
Is it possible to get z4 for under 400 a month now with loyalty .thanks

Cheapest nothing down (except 7 MSDs) 3.5is works out to just under $445 a month at ED pricing, 10K miles per year, 24 months. Assuming 82% residual, .00190 base MF - .00049 for MSDs and - .00030 for loyalty.

Again, see attached. Cost is figured at paying full, un-discounted European delivery price of 7% off MSRP.

madurodave 05-12-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dima123 (Post 6060334)
Is it possible to get z4 for under 400 a month now with loyalty .thanks

Yes - my dealer had a loaded 3.0 AT for $398/month. 24 month lease. 10k miles

Took a picture in morning to show my wife. It was sold by the afternoon.

madurodave 05-12-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Display_Name (Post 6062028)
It should be (not including sales tax) on a Z4 3.0i with almost no options, 7 MSDs, loyalty bump and no padding of the acquisition fee.

Base Money Factor -- .00160
7x MSD Discount -- .00049
Loyalty Discount -- .00030 (I've read that this is available, but I don't know the details for sure)

Final (not padded) Money Factor -- .00081

Assumes total out of pocket would be security deposits, no cap cost reduction, no downpayment, acquisition fee rolled into payments, payments don't include tax, dealer contribution (price break on car) of $2,500, 10k miles per year, 24 months.

See attached.

Now, finding such a car or a dealer willing to order one and a dealer willing to do the deal...

They are doing under $400 for loaded (premium, sport, nav, AT, 3.0 engine, leather) in NH.

dtc100 05-12-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Display_Name (Post 6062063)
Cheapest nothing down (except 7 MSDs) 3.5is works out to just under $445 a month at ED pricing, 10K miles per year, 24 months. Assuming 82% residual, .00190 base MF - .00049 for MSDs and - .00030 for loyalty.

Again, see attached. Cost is figured at paying full, un-discounted European delivery price of 7% off MSRP.

Why is the ED MSRP used? Is there no discount from the ED MSRP on the Z4s?

Display_Name 05-13-2011 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtc100 (Post 6062174)
Why is the ED MSRP used? Is there no discount from the ED MSRP on the Z4s?

I wanted to build an example that would show what people could get for sure. Anything you can negotiate further off the ED MSRP would simply lower the payments.

NOTE: I'm not in any way related to BMW, any BMW Dealer, BMWFS nor any leasing agency. I'm simply an X5 owner who has been looking to lease a sports car for a few months now. I did the leg work of crunching the numbers and I thought I'd share my results with others.

Display_Name 05-13-2011 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madurodave (Post 6062082)
They are doing under $400 for loaded (premium, sport, nav, AT, 3.0 engine, leather) in NH.

With how much of a down payment?

If the dealer is getting under $400 with no down payment then that is even better than what BMWFS is pushing as a good deal. The BMWFS advertised deal requires 2,250 down payment (cap cost reduction).

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...spx?Model=1128

dtc100 05-13-2011 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Display_Name (Post 6062472)
I wanted to build an example that would show what people could get for sure. Anything you can negotiate further off the ED MSRP would simply lower the payments.

NOTE: I'm not in any way related to BMW, any BMW Dealer, BMWFS nor any leasing agency. I'm simply an X5 owner who has been looking to lease a sports car for a few months now. I did the leg work of crunching the numbers and I thought I'd share my results with others.

I did not suspect you were some secret agent or something:) Unfortunately for us it is the opposite, instead of taking the advantage of this Z4 35is lease special, we are in the market for an X5, but there is no ED for the X5, apparently there is not even much discount on the X5s.

madurodave 05-13-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Display_Name (Post 6062478)
With how much of a down payment?

If the dealer is getting under $400 with no down payment then that is even better than what BMWFS is pushing as a good deal. The BMWFS advertised deal requires 2,250 down payment (cap cost reduction).

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...spx?Model=1128

I just looked at my picture of the car. $394.05 per month with $3500 out of pocket. I did not ask for the breakdown for out of pocket, so not sure how much is down payment, how much is security deposit.

BlueZ4AZ 05-13-2011 03:43 PM

If you are evaluating these lease deals, you want to make sure the person that posted it did not get the price on the new Z4 in conjunction with a trade-in figure on their car.

As we know, dealers will undervalue the trade-in, but make the new car price look good.

madurodave 05-13-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ (Post 6063810)
If you are evaluating these lease deals, you want to make sure the person that posted it did not get the price on the new Z4 in conjunction with a trade-in figure on their car.

As we know, dealers will undervalue the trade-in, but make the new car price look good.

My post was the exact wording on the windshield. Just says $3500 out of pocket. I would assume exclusive of any trade.

See picture:http://tapatalk.com/mu/183d7cec-fbd7-d461.jpg

Prost 05-14-2011 12:42 AM

Here is my calculation of an Z4 35is ED 24 months 10K miles/yr with 7MSD and royalty

US MSRP: $70125
Cap Cost: $60308 (14% of US MSRP) + $1000 Profit= 61308
Residual: $57503
MF after 7 MSDs and Royalty = 0.0019 - .00049 - 0.0003 = 0.0011

Depreciation= (61308 57503) / 24 = $158.5
Interest= (61308 + 57503) X 0.0011 = $130.7
Base Payment = $289.2 +Tax (SoCal) = $318/month

Am I wrong? That is super low :confused:

Kief 05-14-2011 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prost (Post 6064559)
Here is my calculation of an Z4 35is ED 24 months 10K miles/yr with 7MSD and royalty

US MSRP: $70125
Cap Cost: $60308 (14% of US MSRP) + $1000 Profit= 61308
Residual: $57503
MF after 7 MSDs and Royalty = 0.0019 - .00049 - 0.0003 = 0.0011

Depreciation= (61308 57503) / 24 = $158.5
Interest= (61308 + 57503) X 0.0011 = $130.7
Base Payment = $289.2 +Tax (SoCal) = $318/month

Am I wrong? That is super low :confused:

$70125 (US MSRP) x .92=$64515 (US Whole) x .93=$59999 (ED Whole) + $1k (Profit) + $725 (Acq)= $61724
-$57503 (residual)
---------------
$4221/24=$175.88

$61724+$57503=$131.15

$175.88+131.15=$307.03 x (CA tax-10%?)= $337.73

Like I said from starting this thread---CRAZY!!!

Just a note for others, I added the Acq fee into the mix. Also, the MF loyality reduction of .0003 is basically a wash for ED given the .0003 bump

Prost 05-14-2011 08:16 AM

Kief,

Thanks for fine tuning my number, does anyone call their CA to find out is the number make senses?

I am doing ED for my F10 535 in September and if this is indeed true, my friend will also pick up a 35is since we are flying anyway to max out the saving.

Can any board sponsor response?

omaralt 05-14-2011 09:26 AM

i called my local bmw dealer and they have no idea about these prices; does anybody know a good CA i can call who knows what they're talking about? thanks

Prost 05-14-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omaralt (Post 6064960)
i called my local bmw dealer and they have no idea about these prices; does anybody know a good CA i can call who knows what they're talking about? thanks

Greg from Pacific BMW?

Ask your CA about the money factor and residual then ask him to run the number for you

adrian's bmw 05-14-2011 09:44 AM

Ridiculous offer. Damn. :yikes: ED makes it even more ridiculous. Better hurry. July slots are filling up fast.

omaralt 05-14-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prost (Post 6064984)
Greg from Pacific BMW?

Ask your CA about the money factor and residual then ask him to run the number for you

thanks, dealing with adrian now :)

Kief 05-14-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrian's bmw (Post 6064992)
Ridiculous offer. Damn. :yikes: ED makes it even more ridiculous. Better hurry. July slots are filling up fast.

Although I tweaked the MF calculations over on the ED forum, Adrian has basically confirmed the numbers :thumbup:

basiluf 05-14-2011 10:18 AM

Ok, I priced one out not using ED since my mom is in the market.

My Z4 sDrive35isDetails
3.0-liter, inline 6-cylinder engine
Rear-wheel drive
See all standard features

Base MSRP
$62,500
Deep Sea Blue Metallic
$550
Walnut Kansas Leather
$0
M Interior trim Aluminum Carbon Shadow
$0
Premium Package
$2,500

iPod and USB adapter
$400
Comfort Access keyless entry
$500
Heated front seats
$500
Navigation system
$2,100
Anti-theft alarm system
$400
Park Distance Control
$750
Destination & Handling:
$875

Total MSRP as Built$71,075


$65020 invoice + $1000
Cap Cost- $66020
Acq fee- $725
Adj Cap Cost- $66745
Residual- $58282
Money Factor- .00081(7 MSDs)
Payment- $453.90 plus tax

Now I just have to find a dealer willing to do this....Her lease on her 535i ends in July.

Kief 05-14-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basiluf (Post 6065031)
Money Factor- .00081(7 MSDs)

Not doing ED, wouldn't the lowest MF be .00111?

basiluf 05-14-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kief (Post 6065047)
Not doing ED, wouldn't the lowest MF be .00111?

I subtracted .0003 for loyalty rate.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms