99 740iL - Radio/GPS/nav not working
I have a '99 740iL the radio would randomly come on and shut off. The GPS quit working, so thanks to this forum i started my research to fix my problem. I really wish all of these things were all separate ! oh well !
So after reading and trying my best, here is what I have done.
1. Checked the voltage of the battery, it has been replaced with a new battery. - Didn't fix the issue
2. I pressed the eject button and connected the power simultaneously - Didn't fix the problem.
3. Unplugged the GPS Nav mkII from the car and plugged it back in. Didn't fix the problem.
4. My dad has a 2001 740iL with the same GPS, so i plugged his unit into my car with no luck, I did put my unit into his car and the GPS /radio all work. So my GPS unit is not bad.
So from reading the forums I have a few conclusions,
1. Either my dash display needs to be changed as i do have a few pixels that are bad,
2. Change the ignition as that could be the cause
3. The DSP could be bad. Note: the dsp does not light up on the monitor it is greyed out.
Anything else you guys would recommend? I should try?
I have the same issue with my 2000 740IL. Did you get to fix it? If so, please post how you fixed it or inbox me.
I started experiencing several electrical gremlins in the past 2 weeks, to include radio/nav/cd player going on and off to include wipers and other items. I just replaced the ignition switch and all is well in Bimmer land. Good luck
So I have not had much luck as I put the car in non op mode. Now I want to fix it. I think Lockdown4066's answer could be correct. Lockdown was changing the ignition difficult?
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:14 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms