Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Anyone Else On The Falstaff? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554796)

PsychDoc1 07-14-2011 06:23 AM

Anyone Else On The Falstaff?
 
Looks like the W&W website finally updated (the "MyBMW" website still shows only "Production Finished") and my car IS on the Falstaff. Due into NYC 7-27-11.


If you're not sure, you can check the website here: http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp. Chose "Track and Trace" under "Customer Tools," put in your VIN # where it says "Cargo" and then click "Track."


YAY!!!!!!

bavariancraving 07-16-2011 11:17 PM

Congrats! Funny that a boat chock full of brand new Beamers would be called "Falstaff" :)

bruceb73 07-17-2011 11:39 AM

When did you turn your car back in. Mine was returned on the 7th but it's not listed yet on WWL. 6 - 8 weeks is a very long time!

PsychDoc1 07-17-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceb73 (Post 6196087)
When did you turn your car back in. Mine was returned on the 7th but it's not listed yet on WWL. 6 - 8 weeks is a very long time!

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you are saying/asking here.

markl53 07-17-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychDoc1 (Post 6196089)
I'm sorry. I don't understand what you are saying/asking here.

I think he means at the end of the ED delivery, you turn the car back in in Germany for shipping to the US. He thinks you did ED (European Delivery).

PsychDoc1 07-17-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markl53 (Post 6196097)
I think he means at the end of the ED delivery, you turn the car back in in Germany for shipping to the US. He thinks you did ED (European Delivery).

Oh, thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately I have no idea how the return trip home to the USA is handled on a ED order. Mine is a direct order from a US dealership. Ordered on 6-23-11 and I should have it either 7-31-11 or 8-1-11. I'm impressed.

nealh 07-17-2011 12:09 PM

I am on the Falstaff as well. the dates have changed by 1 day when I last checked. I finished my ED on July 4th. I will say the wait is very hard now.

PsychDoc1 07-17-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nealh (Post 6196129)
I am on the Falstaff as well. the dates have changed by 1 day when I last checked. I finished my ED on July 4th. I will say the wait is very hard now.

I know. It was originally scheduled to dock in NYC on the 27th. Now it's the 28th. The waiting is hell but when I realize I'll be getting my car in less than 6 weeks from order I realize it isn't that bad.

BTW I like your color choices (lol).

nealh 07-17-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychDoc1 (Post 6196145)
I know. It was originally scheduled to dock in NYC on the 27th. Now it's the 28th. The waiting is hell but when I realize I'll be getting my car in less than 6 weeks from order I realize it isn't that bad.

BTW I like your color choices (lol).

I love the color combo, as did my wife. Beige, gray, black get so boring.
I will be tinting the windows as this is a must in FL. As a result the darker color with the vent. Seats was not a concern.

Be real careful with the rims. My 650i had 19in wheels but thet seem to be flush to slightly receded from the tire. These M sport wheels seem slightly away from the tire edge and very easy to get curb rash.

alex md 07-17-2011 04:19 PM

mine is on Falstaff
finished ED ON 7/5/11
was told that ship will be in Newark on 7/28/11
probably 2 weeks for custom and VPC hope to have it in mid-August
very anxious have trip to Stowe for Labor Day w/end
as of today Falstaff is on the way to Southhampton and then straight to US:thumbup:

nealh 07-17-2011 05:10 PM

Here is hoping for nice calm seas

PsychDoc1 07-17-2011 05:38 PM

"Two weeks" for VPC, etc?!!!!!! I was figuring 2 or 3 days.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App

alewifebp 07-17-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychDoc1 (Post 6196642)
"Two weeks" for VPC, etc?!!!!!! I was figuring 2 or 3 days.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App

ED cars have a longer time at the VPC for customs.

PsychDoc1 07-18-2011 06:16 AM

Looks like the Falstaff may be back on its original schedule. It's going to be getting to Southampton one day early so if that maintains then it'll be back on its original schedule.

Yay!!!

Mohanp 07-18-2011 08:11 AM

I picked up on June 27 and dropped my ED in Nice on June 30, and I am on Flastaff as well. Brunswick GA on 8/1, and hopefully customs and VPC and to my local dealer (Ferman BMW) within the next 10days....

535i, Cashmere Silver, Cinnamon Leather, Anthracite wood, anthracite headliner, PP1, PP2, Top/Side cameras, Split seats.....

nealh 07-19-2011 10:45 AM

well she's out in the big blue ocean now. Here's hoping for a nice big wave to carry quickly to north america. LOL

nealh 07-24-2011 11:45 AM

Well she is getting closer to home now.

alex md 07-24-2011 02:21 PM

Halifax 7/26/11 and then Newark 7/28/11
so far on schedule........:thumbup:

PsychDoc1 07-24-2011 04:28 PM

Yup. a day late but who's counting? ;-)

We are the Three Musketeers it seems.

I'm hoping for an 8-1-11 delivery.

What have your CA's told you about actual delivery?

PsychDoc1 07-25-2011 03:28 AM

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=SLCO
Here we come!
;-)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App

alex md 07-25-2011 12:08 PM

did not talk to my CA, i will call her as soon as car arrives to Newark, but i am sure it will be about 10-12 days from 7/28

PsychDoc1 07-25-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex md (Post 6211501)
did not talk to my CA, i will call her as soon as car arrives to Newark, but i am sure it will be about 10-12 days from 7/28

Wow, that seems a bit long. You're in Norhtern NJ and the Falstaff docks in Newark (right?). My CA said I should be able to pick up the car by Aug 1st. Should be interesting to see how this all works out.

alex md 07-25-2011 12:45 PM

mine is ED, it will take longer bx of VPC/vehicle preparation center/
Alex

PsychDoc1 07-25-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex md (Post 6211591)
mine is ED, it will take longer bx of VPC/vehicle preparation center/
Alex

Oh, that's right. I recall now that you mentioned that before. You are one lucky dude, getting to drive it around europe after a tour of the BMW Welt. Awesome.

toxik 07-28-2011 12:14 PM

hey guys, I'm also on the fallstaff with a 328i coupe. I found this thread through google. Can we all post our current status' with the cars for reference? I didn't do ED, so hoping it won't take too long, would be lovely to get it on Saturday. From what I saw, the ship docked at around 6 AM today.

I was able to get my VIN # from my CA, and WW website tracking showed this on my status while the ship was still in canada:

CUSTOMS RELEASE NEW YORK, NY 25-07-2011 00:00:00
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 14-07-2011 13:53:00 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 13-07-2011 22:00:00 1
BOOKED BREMEN 12-07-2011 10:16:09 1

The status quantity does not have a 1 next to it like the other status'.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms