Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Complete Model Year 2012 F10 5 Series Pricing Here Now! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=558483)

Jon Shafer 07-31-2011 11:23 AM

Complete Model Year 2012 F10 5 Series Pricing Here Now!

Model Year 2012, Effective 9/11

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1312136363

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1312136363

ianbjor 07-31-2011 03:31 PM

Do you have details for what each package now includes? There are some big changes from 2011.

Thanks,

Sonnie 07-31-2011 05:29 PM

No ventilated seats? Or maybe it is included in the Luxury Seating Package.

Stealth.Pilot 07-31-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianbjor (Post 6225027)
Do you have details for what each package now includes? There are some big changes from 2011.

Thanks,

This is in the thread I posted yesterday which has even more complete info on 2012 pricing and options

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=558276

Jon Shafer 08-02-2011 09:34 AM

The Ultimate Vehicle Ordering Tool from BMW has arrived!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot (Post 6225378)
This is in the thread I posted yesterday which has even more complete info on 2012 pricing and options

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=558276

Okay, well this is even more better!

Check it out!!!!

Complete Model Year 2012 BMW 5 Series F10 Vehicle Ordering Guides...

*** Click here!!

vkperigord 08-02-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Shafer (Post 6224612)

Great info! Thanks! Do you happen to know what the dealer cost is for 535xi? Woulud be good to know that to help with negotiations at the dealership.

40share 08-02-2011 02:31 PM

Jon,

Thanks very much for this. Will help me to do my French-to-English (er, rather, 2011-to-2012) translation, so that I don't miss any of the options my CA and I planned based on the 2011 specs.

chamee01 08-03-2011 03:23 PM

Just noticed from the 2012 specs that they don't offer Ambiance lighting anymore, may be i missed it.

vkperigord 08-03-2011 06:44 PM

I think ambient lighting is standard. I could be wrong. However, I don't think they would not offer that feature. That's one thing that everyone has been raving about!

12VMan 08-03-2011 07:20 PM

Ambient lighting is listed as STD on the pricing guide.

a72 08-04-2011 10:26 AM

Ordering my car for 2012 model would cost me an additional $1825. Plus another 1825 in depreciation loss on the old car. Delta -$3650

HWF 08-04-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a72 (Post 6233687)
Ordering my car for 2012 model would cost me an additional $1825. Plus another 1825 in depreciation loss on the old car. Delta -$3650

Not quite ... You had the use of the old car without additional expense during this period.

a72 08-05-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HWF (Post 6234198)
Not quite ... You had the use of the old car without additional expense during this period.

That's it true! Still it a 2k price hike

shoes 08-07-2011 07:22 AM

Soft close automatic doors

As I read the 2012 build guide, soft close automatic doors are no longer available for the 535. It's not in the premium package and the convenience package is only for the 550.

octopump 08-10-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12VMan (Post 6232530)
Ambient lighting is listed as STD on the pricing guide.

where is the pricing guide? Is what Jon posted, I don't see the standard features listed on there.

Read somewhere else that iPod port and Xenon are also standard on the 528i besides ambiant lighting (which used to be part of the Premium package).

pkempa21 08-12-2011 03:48 PM

Do the 2012's come with the Adaptive Drive feature? It was included with the M sport package, but it is not listed with it anymore. Maybe it is standard now?

jondoc72 08-12-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkempa21 (Post 6251769)
Do the 2012's come with the Adaptive Drive feature? It was included with the M sport package, but it is not listed with it anymore. Maybe it is standard now?

driving dynamics control with ECO pro is standard :D

active roll stabilization 2,500.00 :p

if you get both you have then the adaptative drive :bigpimp:

soundmind 08-13-2011 03:44 PM

I'm new here, thanks so much for the info. I've had my 3 series for 6 years and just placed my deposit today on a 2012 550i with M Sport. The early prices helped me quite a bit with negotiating my deal so thanks a ton. November can't come fast enough -- can't wait. I've gotta say, though, I've never loved a car as much as my 325. Still love driving it every day - I don't think many car owners of other brands can say the same thing. I've driven a ford and a honda in the past - while I didn't hate driving them or have any complaints about them at the time, I was never as enamored with them as I am with my current 3. I sure hope I don't regret moving into a larger 5-series.. I've heard some negatives about the steering having a disconnected feel.

On a side note, I noticed I wasn't able to have Black Sapphire as a color option with the M Sport package. Anyone have the Carbon Black? I hear it looks kinda blue but have yet to see it in person. Should I just stick with Jet Black?

- Nick

jondoc72 08-13-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundmind (Post 6253423)
I'm new here, thanks so much for the info. I've had my 3 series for 6 years and just placed my deposit today on a 2012 550i with M Sport. The early prices helped me quite a bit with negotiating my deal so thanks a ton. November can't come fast enough -- can't wait. I've gotta say, though, I've never loved a car as much as my 325. Still love driving it every day - I don't think many car owners of other brands can say the same thing. I've driven a ford and a honda in the past - while I didn't hate driving them or have any complaints about them at the time, I was never as enamored with them as I am with my current 3. I sure hope I don't regret moving into a larger 5-series.. I've heard some negatives about the steering having a disconnected feel.

On a side note, I noticed I wasn't able to have Black Sapphire as a color option with the M Sport package. Anyone have the Carbon Black? I hear it looks kinda blue but have yet to see it in person. Should I just stick with Jet Black?

- Nick

I agree, the 3 series is a fun car to drive
are you leasing?
when are you getting your car?

soundmind 08-14-2011 11:53 AM

Hey JonDoc, I am purchasing rather than lease. Just placed the deposit this weekend so not completion date just yet but I'd imagine since they'll start production on the 2012s Sept 1 it'll arrive early November. I'm still trying to figure out if I should add the HUD or not... decisions, decisions.

jondoc72 08-14-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundmind (Post 6254810)
Hey JonDoc, I am purchasing rather than lease. Just placed the deposit this weekend so not completion date just yet but I'd imagine since they'll start production on the 2012s Sept 1 it'll arrive early November. I'm still trying to figure out if I should add the HUD or not... decisions, decisions.

get it, most of the people here who has this like it a lot
also it comes with the extended black pannel:thumbup:

pcbrew 08-18-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jondoc72 (Post 6251820)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkempa21
Do the 2012's come with the Adaptive Drive feature? It was included with the M sport package, but it is not listed with it anymore. Maybe it is standard now?:

Adaptive Drive was listed in 2011 brochure as consisting of:
- Active Roll Stabilization (ARS) (option 229)
- Dynamic Damper Control (DDC) (option 223 - listed as Electronic Damping Control)
These are both automatic functions that adapt to conditions:
Quote:

ARS twists special twopiece anti-roll bars to generate stronger resistance to body roll, keeping the vehicle more level and providing maximum stability and agility. DDC, on the other hand, instantly adjusts shock absorbers from the softest to the firmest settings. The result is exceptional ride comfort and fluid handling at all times – during changes in vehicle speed, load or road and driving conditions.
The brochure also listed Driving Dynamic Control that gave you user adjustable settings: COMFORT, NORMAL, SPORT and SPORT+.
Not sure the option code but there was a 2VA (Adaptive Drive) that came with ZDH. (Note, 2VA did not come with ZDH on 528i).
AFAIK the user adjustable suspension settings only came with ZDH, so wonder if this was the same thing.
Also 2TB Sport Auto Transmission included settings for COMFORT, NORMAL, SPORT (but no SPORT+)

AFAIK, for 2011
- 2TB Sport Auto modulated: throttle response, shift behavior and steering response
- 2VA Adaptive Drive: modulated chassis firmness
- If you had both, you still had on set of controls and they changed together

For 2012, the options list 4U2 - Driving Dynamics Control with ECO pro standard (as stated above)
But there is still 2VA Adaptive Drive listed as included with ARS.

So, questions for 2012 models are:
- I assume some user settings are standard now with Driving Dynamic Control +ECO, but which ones (throttle response, shift behavior)?
- Does 2TB Sport Auto add anything in the way of new setting or bring other factors under user control (steering response)?
- Is 2VA (only available with ARS) the only way you get chassis / handling adjustments?

DreamCar 09-03-2011 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jondoc72 (Post 6251820)

So switching from comfort->Sport->Sport+ is standard now??????

jondoc72 09-03-2011 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamCar (Post 6295848)
So switching from comfort->Sport->Sport+ is standard now??????

included in the sport package for 2012

Dynamic Damping Control.
Uneven roads, potholes, cobblestones or flawless tarmac – with Dynamic Damping Control there is now a chassis for every road and every driving style.
The perfect damping setting is what engineers are in search of on the test tracks. What they find is usually a compromise. However, with Dynamic Damping Control the BMW 5 Series Sedan provides a suitable setting for every surface without you having to intervene.

A control unit on each wheel evaluates movements four hundred times a second and adjusts the shock absorbers accordingly. The electronics system works so fast that when the front wheels encounter a pothole, information is sent to the rear wheels so that sufficient cushioning is in place. The rebound and compression damping are continually and independently set to end the need for compromise which means that the dampers adapt to the state of the road irrespective of which Dynamic Driving Control mode is selected, for exceptional ride comfort even when driving hard on bumpy surfaces.

driving dynamic control with ECO pro ( in all models)

Driving Experience Control switch will be fitted as standard on the BMW 5 Series Sedan and BMW 5 Series Touring models. This rocker switch on the centre console allows the driver to customise accelerator response characteristics, engine response, the power steering characteristics, the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) thresholds and, on automatic models, the shift characteristics of the transmission. Drivers can choose between “COMFORT”, “SPORT” or “SPORT+” modes. All the four- and six-cylinder models also feature ECO PRO mode, which supports a relaxed, extra-fuel-efficient, low-rpm driving style. At the same time, ECO PRO mode also programs electrically powered convenience functions like the heated seats and exterior mirrors and the air conditioning to operate at optimum efficiency. A special display in the instrument cluster lets the driver know by how much the driving range is being extended when using ECO PRO mode

DreamCar 09-03-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jondoc72 (Post 6295870)
included in the sport package for 2012

Dynamic Damping Control.
Uneven roads, potholes, cobblestones or flawless tarmac – with Dynamic Damping Control there is now a chassis for every road and every driving style.
The perfect damping setting is what engineers are in search of on the test tracks. What they find is usually a compromise. However, with Dynamic Damping Control the BMW 5 Series Sedan provides a suitable setting for every surface without you having to intervene.

A control unit on each wheel evaluates movements four hundred times a second and adjusts the shock absorbers accordingly. The electronics system works so fast that when the front wheels encounter a pothole, information is sent to the rear wheels so that sufficient cushioning is in place. The rebound and compression damping are continually and independently set to end the need for compromise which means that the dampers adapt to the state of the road irrespective of which Dynamic Driving Control mode is selected, for exceptional ride comfort even when driving hard on bumpy surfaces.

driving dynamic control with ECO pro ( in all models)

Driving Experience Control switch will be fitted as standard on the BMW 5 Series Sedan and BMW 5 Series Touring models. This rocker switch on the centre console allows the driver to customise accelerator response characteristics, engine response, the power steering characteristics, the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) thresholds and, on automatic models, the shift characteristics of the transmission. Drivers can choose between “COMFORT”, “SPORT” or “SPORT+” modes. All the four- and six-cylinder models also feature ECO PRO mode, which supports a relaxed, extra-fuel-efficient, low-rpm driving style. At the same time, ECO PRO mode also programs electrically powered convenience functions like the heated seats and exterior mirrors and the air conditioning to operate at optimum efficiency. A special display in the instrument cluster lets the driver know by how much the driving range is being extended when using ECO PRO mode

Pardon my ignorance but where is the adaptive drive in sport package