Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 M3 (2001-2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   HELP! Any good shops in Connecticut for SMG clutch replacement (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564010)

Topaz///M3 08-24-2011 11:04 PM

HELP! Any good shops in Connecticut for SMG clutch replacement
 
Hi I own a 2003 m3 smg I bought it 4 months ago from the first owner. The owner said and the PPI showed that the clutch and flywheel have never been replaced and would have to be soon. The owner was a old guy so the car was really babied and granny shifted every time which explains the clutch lasting this long. I bought the car with 110,000 miles on it and the clutch didn't slip at all. Now it has 114,500 and the clutch is now starting to slip so I wanted to replace both the clutch and flywheel. I live in Connecticut and I was looking for a good indy shop that would do it for less money than Stealer and if anyone could give me a good estimate of the price I'll be looking at it would be much appreciated:)

Bumer 08-25-2011 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topaz///M3 (Post 6277630)
Hi I own a 2003 m3 smg I bought it 4 months ago from the first owner. The owner said and the PPI showed that the clutch and flywheel have never been replaced and would have to be soon. The owner was a old guy so the car was really babied and granny shifted every time which explains the clutch lasting this long. I bought the car with 110,000 miles on it and the clutch didn't slip at all. Now it has 114,500 and the clutch is now starting to slip so I wanted to replace both the clutch and flywheel. I live in Connecticut and I was looking for a good indy shop that would do it for less money than Stealer and if anyone could give me a good estimate of the price I'll be looking at it would be much appreciated:)

Topaz, where about in CT are you? I know mechanic in Middletown. Will send you his phone number if you're interested.

Topaz///M3 08-25-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumer (Post 6277923)
Topaz, where about in CT are you? I know mechanic in Middletown. Will send you his phone number if you're interested.

I live in the Norwich area and I"m willing to travel cause the cars going on a flatbed. Yes, please send me his number and do you know if he's done work on SMG cars before?

If anyone knows any other shops I would really appreciate it because I can't drive my convertible on these great summer days:thumbdwn:

Bumer 08-26-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topaz///M3 (Post 6279834)
I live in the Norwich area and I"m willing to travel cause the cars going on a flatbed. Yes, please send me his number and do you know if he's done work on SMG cars before?

If anyone knows any other shops I would really appreciate it because I can't drive my convertible on these great summer days:thumbdwn:

PM sent


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms