Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Bicycle thread.. what'cha riding? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569826)

GeneArch 09-20-2011 11:03 PM

The Bicycle thread.. what'cha riding?
 
Picked up another tonight... Found a nice deal on Craigslist - Giant Cypress ST "comfort bike", a few months old and a couple of nice mods, damn... this is one comfortable ride! :thumbup: I have my beach crusier and I have my Cannondale mountain bike, but this may just become my favorite. Such a nice easy ride..

Anyone else have a "comfort bike"?

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_gener..._72dpiWIDE.jpg

e.biemold 09-21-2011 03:36 AM

I have 3 mountainbikes and 1 road racing bike.

3 months ago I bought a custom made titanium Van Nicholas Zion 29'er mountainbike :)

http://erbiemold.zenfolio.com/img/v28/p670558008-4.jpg

It has a rohloff speedhub and Fox terralogic fork.

http://erbiemold.zenfolio.com/img/v31/p329410569-4.jpg

SailinSand 09-21-2011 06:02 AM

My newwest baby is my QR CD01 (pic from google image b/c Im not in my computer w my pix... http://www.agusani.com/product_image...48651_zoom.jpg )

My road bike is a LOOK 555.

I leave a Cannondale r900 on my computrainer

I have a Cannondale h500 as my 'putzing around bike)


oh...edit..theres a pic on my new bike in my pictures on my profile page on here :D ...my road bike is pretty pink too. ;)

Just Bryce 09-21-2011 06:18 AM

Dyno

http://i1.mtbx.com.ar/foto/o/11/89/1...88867743_f.jpg

jonathan2263 09-21-2011 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess this qualifies as my comfort bike. It's a Van Dessel Straight Up Single coaster brake cruiser. I turned the Moustache bars around to point forwards because they look better that way and are more comfortable because it allows me to stretch out.

My MTB is a Bianchi CuSS single speed. No suspension, rim brakes, OFS!!!

My main ride is a Cervelo R5. Way light, stiff, responsive, damps vibration, blah blah blah... I no longer sell Cervelos so I just ordered a Bianchi Oltre and will sell the R5 frameset. Anyone interested in a 54 frameset, less than 6 months old in perfect condition?

jonathan2263 09-21-2011 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e.biemold (Post 6331130)
I have 3 mountainbikes and 1 road racing bike.

3 months ago I bought a custom made titanium Van Nicholas Zion 29'er mountainbike :)

http://erbiemold.zenfolio.com/img/v28/p670558008-4.jpg

It has a rohloff speedhub and Fox terralogic fork.

http://erbiemold.zenfolio.com/img/v31/p329410569-4.jpg

Sweet!!!

SailinSand 09-21-2011 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan2263 (Post 6331294)
My main ride is a Cervelo R5. Way light, stiff, responsive, damps vibration, blah blah blah... I no longer sell Cervelos so I just ordered a Bianchi Oltre and will sell the R5 frameset. Anyone interested in a 54 frameset, less than 6 months old in perfect condition?

Why did you guys stop selling Cervelo? ...seems like every other person I know does/or has had, a P3 w Zipps (its actually a going joke among some of my friends)

///M3lissa 09-21-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailinSand (Post 6331221)
My newwest baby is my QR CD01 (pic from google image b/c Im not in my computer w my pix... http://www.agusani.com/product_image...48651_zoom.jpg )

My road bike is a LOOK 555.

I leave a Cannondale r900 on my computrainer

I have a Cannondale h500 as my 'putzing around bike)


oh...edit..theres a pic on my new bike in my pictures on my profile page on here :D ...my road bike is pretty pink too. ;)

How do you like the LOOK? I am currently in negotiations with a private seller for a 566 with full SRAM. We are a little apart on price...

cwinter 09-21-2011 08:56 AM

For now nothing. Gave my old Trek Multitrack away. It has been good to me for many years, has seen several bike rallies, and she only shook me off the saddle once. I have little time to ride these days so off it went to the brother-in-law to use at college for "commuting."

I'll be replacing it with a Trek or Specialized hybrid next year. I decided a road bike isn't meant for me in the areas I ride in and the hybrids are just about perfect for me for both casual rides of 60+ miles in a bike rally. :thumbup:

1bad540 09-21-2011 09:11 AM

I have my good old 1986 mongoose expert in chrome that i did a full resto/rebuild on a few yrs ago.

jonathan2263 09-21-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailinSand (Post 6331302)
Why did you guys stop selling Cervelo? ...seems like every other person I know does/or has had, a P3 w Zipps (its actually a going joke among some of my friends)

Cervelo tried to strong-arm us into stocking more bikes. We were selling 40 - 50 per year and they kept insisting on more. They eventually opened a close competitor who couldn't sell any and started dumping them on eBay but May. That poisoned the waters and we had enough. The bikes are good but the company philosophy is stupid. That's what happens when you try to pay for a pro team.

I know what you mean about everyone with a Cervelo and zipps. I've spoken with a lot of people who don't want it just because everyone has them now.

bmw_dave 09-21-2011 09:31 AM

A few years ago when I hurt my knee I decided to pick up cycling. I wanted an inexpensive bike to start, until I decided whether or not I was going to ride seriously enough to warrant a major purchase. I bought a Motobecane Grand Sprint, which is basically a mail order bike. It's got an aluminum frame with carbon forks and stays, full Ultegra set (except FSA carbon crankset) and American Classic wheels. I've ridden it on and off for the past couple years and been extremely pleased with it, especially considering it cost me under $1,000. I think this this bike is a great value.

About a month ago, I finally decided that I want to get serious about cycling and have started training every day. Now we'll see how long it takes me to want to upgrade my ride...

Ajax 09-21-2011 10:03 AM

Still the ancient 5.2SSL, I hope to get something new next spring. Either a 6.5 Madone or a Pinarello.
http://www.productwiki.com/upload/im...one_sl_5_2.jpg

And the neighborhood cruiser
http://images.productwiki.com/upload...er-600-600.jpg

harplayr 09-21-2011 11:13 AM

My primary ride is a Waterford road bike. I live near the factory and they custom built the frame.
My trail bike is a Bianchi cyclocross frame.

jonathan2263 09-21-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajax (Post 6331631)
Still the ancient 5.2SSL, I hope to get something new next spring. Either a 6.5 Madone or a Pinarello.
http://www.productwiki.com/upload/im...one_sl_5_2.jpg

And the neighborhood cruiser
http://images.productwiki.com/upload...er-600-600.jpg

The neighborhood cruiser is awesome.

Phatlipt745 09-21-2011 12:37 PM

Full kustom lowrider bike I built and showed
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/u...3/7d38d99e.jpg

GarySL 09-21-2011 01:10 PM

Bridgestone MB-1, gave away my old Peugeot 10 speed (kept the nice Brooks saddle though)...

http://www.fototime.com/E5EFFC7AF015BA0/standard.jpg

bmw_dave 09-21-2011 02:00 PM

To drift slightly OT, what kind of racks do you use with your car? I'm driving an e90 330 and I'm not really excited about a roof rack or trunk mount rack, for fear of scratches, dents or paint wear. That would leave me with installation of a hitch to plug a rack into.

Thoughts from those who are hauling bikes?

SailinSand 09-21-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan2263 (Post 6331560)
I know what you mean about everyone with a Cervelo and zipps. I've spoken with a lot of people who don't want it just because everyone has them now.

Yeah, at least mybike is a bit more unique. ...I mean, it's like florescent pink. Ha. I've seen a couple, but none w the white volna aero bars, bright pink tape,pink pedals...you get the idea. (and you've seen it on FB...lol)

That sucks that they were such DB's... must have big heads now that they're so popular. No cool to treat shops like that. :cry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan2263 (Post 6331830)
The neighborhood cruiser is awesome.

+1...that is a cool looking bike!!

SailinSand 09-21-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmw_dave (Post 6332178)
To drift slightly OT, what kind of racks do you use with your car? I'm driving an e90 330 and I'm not really excited about a roof rack or trunk mount rack, for fear of scratches, dents or paint wear. That would leave me with installation of a hitch to plug a rack into.

Thoughts from those who are hauling bikes?

eh... i have thule roof rack, LOVE it (have had it for years and used it on many different vehicles) The only car I used the hitch rack on was the x5. ...it was a Saris..great rack!!

bmw_dave 09-21-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailinSand (Post 6332185)
eh... i have thule roof rack, LOVE it (have had it for years and used it on many different vehicles) The only car I used the hitch rack on was the x5. ...it was a Saris..great rack!!

Cool, admittedly I haven't spent much time reviewing roof racks. I'll take a look though.

jonathan2263 09-21-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmw_dave (Post 6332178)
To drift slightly OT, what kind of racks do you use with your car? I'm driving an e90 330 and I'm not really excited about a roof rack or trunk mount rack, for fear of scratches, dents or paint wear. That would leave me with installation of a hitch to plug a rack into.

Thoughts from those who are hauling bikes?

Touring. Bike rides inside. I'm thinking about removing my roof rails. :bigpimp:

cwinter 09-21-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan2263 (Post 6332422)
Touring. Bike rides inside. I'm thinking about removing my roof rails. :bigpimp:

My Trek 850 Multitrek always fit in the trunk of my E90 if I folded the seats down and removed the front wheel. I expect my next bike to travel the same way. :thumbup:

M&K 09-21-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarySL (Post 6332082)
Bridgestone MB-1, gave away my old Peugeot 10 speed (kept the nice Brooks saddle though)...

http://www.fototime.com/E5EFFC7AF015BA0/standard.jpg

Classic! I still ride my Bontrager Race Lite from that same period, except I had to put on a newer fork than the Mag 21 a few years ago :(

bmw_dave 09-21-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan2263 (Post 6332422)
Touring. Bike rides inside. I'm thinking about removing my roof rails. :bigpimp:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwinter (Post 6332438)
My Trek 850 Multitrek always fit in the trunk of my E90 if I folded the seats down and removed the front wheel. I expect my next bike to travel the same way. :thumbup:

That's definitely another option, and the least expensive! I probably won't have the kids in the car when I'm transporting the bike, anyway.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms