Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   I JUST GOT MY E93! So adorable!!! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571340)

jayhyung 09-28-2011 12:30 AM

I JUST GOT MY E93! So adorable!!!
 
Hi guys! Finally, after searching and researching for few months, I happen to have to my first Bimmer in my life! It is 2007 E93 with 15000 miles. I just drove the car for 2 hours today and it was absolutely amazing. There's nothing like fluttering sound and there's nothing like leakage for me : ) I just found myself cannot bearing the top up and longing for top down even with the loud and ugly engine sounds from the other cars on the road lol.

The prior owner just changed the brake pads, oil, and the tires. So it seems like I can ride this for 3000 miles without worrying about the other maintenance! However, the thing is that I do not have any maintenance plan or extended warranty so I am all by myself. Is there anyone who can recommend me a great independent shop near San Francisco? I also have thought to get the extended warranty from the BMW dealer but people usually say that it does not worth that much money...

Oh, and I am trying to change my headlight with bright and pure angel eyes! Is there any suggestion for this? I mean like, preferred product or company! : ) As soon as I get my angel eyes, I will post some pics : ) It's more than honor to be in this forum with my bimmer!!! It seems like the car would not make any problem in near future, but I would like to make sure everything is okay for the distant future.

And is there anyone who replaced his or her tail lights with 2011 model's lights? I think I should visit EAS someday to do all the modification lol. Can't wait to drive tomorrow!!!

Thank you all very much for helping this newbie out : ) Have a nice day and good night and sweet BIMMER dream : )

need4speed 09-28-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayhyung (Post 6344832)
Hi guys! Finally, after searching and researching for few months, I happen to have to my first Bimmer in my life! It is 2007 E93 with 15000 miles. I just drove the car for 2 hours today and it was absolutely amazing. There's nothing like fluttering sound and there's nothing like leakage for me : ) I just found myself cannot bearing the top up and longing for top down even with the loud and ugly engine sounds from the other cars on the road lol.

The prior owner just changed the brake pads, oil, and the tires. So it seems like I can ride this for 3000 miles without worrying about the other maintenance! However, the thing is that I do not have any maintenance plan or extended warranty so I am all by myself. Is there anyone who can recommend me a great independent shop near San Francisco? I also have thought to get the extended warranty from the BMW dealer but people usually say that it does not worth that much money...

Oh, and I am trying to change my headlight with bright and pure angel eyes! Is there any suggestion for this? I mean like, preferred product or company! : ) As soon as I get my angel eyes, I will post some pics : ) It's more than honor to be in this forum with my bimmer!!! It seems like the car would not make any problem in near future, but I would like to make sure everything is okay for the distant future.

And is there anyone who replaced his or her tail lights with 2011 model's lights? I think I should visit EAS someday to do all the modification lol. Can't wait to drive tomorrow!!!

Thank you all very much for helping this newbie out : ) Have a nice day and good night and sweet BIMMER dream : )

Congrats on the new to you BMW. The E93 is an amazing car. If the former owner used the proper filter and oil you can go at least 7500 miles w/o an oil change. BMW claims 15000, but most on the fest call :thumbdwn: on that. On a side note, when did they remove the BS icon? N4S

Verts4Ever 09-28-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayhyung (Post 6344832)
Hi guys! Finally, after searching and researching for few months, I happen to have to my first Bimmer in my life! It is 2007 E93 with 15000 miles.

Congrats! We absolutely loved our E93 for the 1-1/2 hours we got to drive it last Wednesday before going on vacation. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayhyung (Post 6344832)
Oh, and I am trying to change my headlight with bright and pure angel eyes! Is there any suggestion for this?

http://www.luxangeleyes.com/

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayhyung (Post 6344832)
And is there anyone who replaced his or her tail lights with 2011 model's lights?

I believe there are a couple of folks over on e90post who have done this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by need4speed (Post 6345065)
On a side note, when did they remove the BS icon? N4S

It's still there, in the "[More]" area and 12th down on the right side... :bs:

Cheers.

floydarogers 09-28-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayhyung (Post 6344832)
Hi guys! Finally, after searching and researching for few months, I happen to have to my first Bimmer in my life!
...
The prior owner just changed the brake pads, oil, and the tires. So it seems like I can ride this for 3000 miles without worrying about the other maintenance!...

Congrats!

The BMW recommended oil change interval is handled by the Condition Based System - usually around 15K miles. Seems to work for many people; however many people change at 7500 miles. There is really no need (based upon oil analysis reports) to change before then. Be sure to use BMW approved LL-01 oil - the Castrol the dealers sell is about as cheap as anything.

andrew b 09-28-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayhyung (Post 6344832)
Oh, and I am trying to change my headlight with bright and pure angel eyes! Is there any suggestion for this? I mean like, preferred product or company! : ) As soon as I get my angel eyes, I will post some pics : ) It's more than honor to be in this forum with my bimmer!!! It seems like the car would not make any problem in near future, but I would like to make sure everything is okay for the distant future.

On my 2007 e93 I replaced the stock halogen bulb that illuminates the angel eye rings with these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002G9GL1U

I bought 2 sets of those and also a set of the same bulbs in H7 size to cover the fogs and cornering lights as well. Haven't installed the ones for the fog lights yet, but once I do the front end will all light up pretty evenly, I think. Total of about $50 for 6 bulbs to make the front lights match pretty closely was a pretty good deal, I thought.

While not as bright as a LUX LED solution, the price was right and the color matches much better than the stock halogen, and they are brighter than they were. Installation is easy - just open the hood, pop open the plastic cover on the sides, and reach in to replace the bulb.

Congratulations on your cabrio! I've had mine for about 2 months now and am still looking for excuses to drive, and grinning when I do.

Andrew

Inline Sixer 09-28-2011 08:37 AM

Congrats and welcome to bimmerfest! :thumbup:

jayhyung 09-28-2011 01:34 PM

Thank you guys!!! I definitely love my car.

As Andrew said, I also am looking for excuses to drive haha.

Oh and for the angel eyes, it seems like people recommend me a product from LUX. And I was wondering how it compares to this one since I kind of am considering between these two, finally!!!

http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...V2-693-20.html

Nordic_Kat 09-28-2011 02:14 PM

Congrats on the E93. You will absolutely love it.

These are the LUX H8 lights.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/_DSC0079.jpg

This thread has a lot of information re: LUX vs the EAS lights.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ward+the+light

Welcome to the Fest.

andrew b 09-28-2011 03:15 PM

And so you can compare, here are the GP Thunder Plasma-White (H8, 8500K/35W) both with and without the HIDS on.

For me, the price difference wasn't worth the LUX, but they (LUX) are definitely brighter. One thing I like about the standard bulb approach is that my fog lights and turning lights are the same color as my angel eyes. With the LUX, I think the angel eyes will be closer to the HIDS (Kat, is that right?).

http://photos.imageevent.com/j_andre...67_DPP_web.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/j_andre...68_DPP_web.JPG

Forgive the image quality, while it's a good point & shoot, it's not the 5DII DSLR :)

GarySL 09-28-2011 05:33 PM

Adorable? I've never heard a car described such, ever.

Must suggest that you like your car which is a good thing. Enjoy.

3ismagic# 09-28-2011 06:46 PM

Babies and puppies are adorable. Cars? not so much.

bredi 09-28-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ismagic# (Post 6346464)
Babies and puppies are adorable. Cars? not so much.

ha! agreed. I was expecting a kid or puppy in the back of the thing.


Congrats on the ride though!

jayhyung 09-29-2011 02:20 AM

Sorry for the word Adorable haha. The car is just like a lovely baby for me now : )

I have read the thread about the angel eye but it seems like the thread does not discuss about this model...
http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...V2-693-20.html

I am now considering between LUX and this LS3.
Please share opinion if there's anyone who has used LS3! Also, please share opinion if there's anyone who has avoided LS3! : )

Thank you!!!

meeksdigital 09-29-2011 03:10 AM

Man, the LUX look awesome... I'm so torn lol. I actually like the more "yellow" angel eyes on my montego blue car, but the white angel eyes look HAWT too... especially against the dark grey, Kat!

Salvator 09-29-2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ismagic# (Post 6346464)
Babies and puppies are adorable. Cars? not so much.

My daughter complains that German cars always look mean / angry; she wonders why they can't look happy like Japanese cars... I told her that when your blowing down the autobahn at 130MPH, the other cars are not going to get out of the way of a "smiling" car... :thumbup:

On the other hand, they do make a "Hello Kitty" version of the Smart car... :eek:

:rofl:

Inline Sixer 09-29-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvator (Post 6347342)
My daughter complains that German cars always look mean / angry; she wonders why they can't look happy like Japanese cars... I told her that when your blowing down the autobahn at 130MPH, the other cars are not going to get out of the way of a "smiling" car... :thumbup:

On the other hand, they do make a "Hello Kitty" version of the Smart car... :eek:

:rofl:

Awww...

But Japanese cars are so adorable!

:rofl:

BigWalmac 09-29-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ismagic# (Post 6346464)
babies and puppies are adorable. Cars? Not so much.

+1

0428 09-29-2011 11:09 AM

I was just going to say............. BMW adorable?! Holy cow, congrats on the purchase but please leave the adorable at Paris Hilton's purse.

Inline Sixer 09-29-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat (Post 6345890)
Congrats on the E93. You will absolutely love it.

These are the LUX H8 lights.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/_DSC0079.jpg

This thread has a lot of information re: LUX vs the EAS lights.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ward+the+light

Welcome to the Fest.

NK, this should be your sig pic :) What a beauty! By the way, is Texas a "no-front plate" state? if not is your glove compartment filled with tickets?

SD Z4MR 09-29-2011 01:03 PM

When I got my S2000 in September 1999 every single woman who saw it said it was "cute". "Cute"? Really? But it does 0-60 in 5.4 seconds! (That used to be fast.) I've since determined that, for most women, if they like something they say it's "cute".

Just the other day though, a guy saw my car and made the comment "That's a nice little scooter." "Scooter"? Really?

Jon2168 09-29-2011 01:13 PM

Congrats on your new car. I just put on LUX V3 like a month. I'm local in the area also. If you want to check them out in person, just let me know.

Nordic_Kat 09-29-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inline Sixer (Post 6347949)
NK, this should be your sig pic :) What a beauty! By the way, is Texas a "no-front plate" state? if not is your glove compartment filled with tickets?

Thanks IL6! :)
No, Texas is not a "no front plate" state, but unless you are really being a problem child, they tend to look the other way, especially if there are no holes drilled in the bumper.

SO never put a plate on his MB (which is now 11 years old) and has been stopped for speeding, in spite of having the V1 chirping away - :rolleyes: but didn't get a "missing front plate" citation.

captainaudio 09-29-2011 04:31 PM

E93s are not "Adorable"

E93s are cars for manly men doing manly things in a manly way.

http://southpawbeagle.files.wordpres...k_norris_1.jpg

CA

Nader-Vancouver 12-28-2012 04:32 PM

Hi Nordic-Kat , I recently took my E93 2011 to a hand wash car wash . When they start pouring water with a high pressure water hose on the roof right beside the A pillar , I noticed drops of water getting in from the top of door frame interior . I live in vancouver Canada and the rain here is big thing but never had leaks .. I am really worried, do you have any advise ? I have the car since new and I love it . Still is under warranty and I put close to 15000 km ( 10,000 miles)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms