Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Which one are you? Modern, Sport or Luxury? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574960)

SD Z4MR 10-14-2011 11:01 AM

Which one are you? Modern, Sport or Luxury?

So the new F30 3 Series will be available as Modern Line, Sport Line, or Luxury Line. In addition there will be also be an M Sport Package.

Which line are you, Modern, Sport, or Luxury? Why?

I'm Sport, with the M Sport Package because it's more sport oriented and that's how I see the BMW 3 Series. The Sport Line will also offer Sport Seats, red contrast stitching, red dial accents and don't forget the red trim on the key fob! Also included are black accented bumpers, black trim, black grill, black exhaust tips, ferric grey wheels.

Gjm127 10-14-2011 11:06 AM

M-sport... But I have to say the steering wheel looks awful.

Robert A 10-14-2011 11:10 AM

I would not expect Modern, Sport, or Luxury to be available her. More than likely, they'll package and option cars just like they do currently.

pix335i 10-14-2011 11:24 AM

I just wish there was an option to do the sport or m-sport and get rid of some of the red/blue accents. I guess that is what aftermarket parts are for.

Highmodulus 10-14-2011 11:50 AM

Sport.

But while I like it, and I not sure I wouldn't prefer an E90 at a massive year end discount instead- as the deals on the first of the F30's are unlikely unless you ED one.

:)

johnc_22 10-14-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pix335i (Post 6379406)
I just wish there was an option to do the sport or m-sport and get rid of some of the red/blue accents. I guess that is what aftermarket parts are for.

No doubt, the colored trim line will have to convince me in person because in photos I think cheese.

1985mb 10-14-2011 12:10 PM

I hope there will still be the level of a la carte options there is today (e.g. I can pair sport package/seats with a variety of interior colors and wood trim).

jwac 10-14-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert A (Post 6379377)
I would not expect Modern, Sport, or Luxury to be available her. More than likely, they'll package and option cars just like they do currently.

Ditto, I'd also be surprised if they brought these option themes to the U.S. I suspect we'll get our usual Premium, Sport, etc packages.

SD Z4MR 10-14-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert A (Post 6379377)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwac (Post 6379583)
Ditto, I'd also be surprised if they brought these option themes to the U.S. I suspect we'll get our usual Premium, Sport, etc packages.

AutoWeek:
"In a move mirroring that of the 1-series, the new 3-series will come in three distinct trim levels--Sport Line, Luxury Line and Modern Line. Also available from the start of U.S. sales next February will be an optional M-Sport trim package.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...#ixzz1amntN9GJ"
Car and Driver:
"In addition to the base model, BMW will offer the 3-series in three different "lines," the closest the company has ever come to offering trim levels: Sport, Luxury, and Modern. Each gets its own interior and exterior color palette."

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car...hotos_and_info
Road & Track:
"Three Trims: Sport, Luxury and Modern
Trim levels of the new 3 Series are defined by Sport Line, Luxury Line and Modern Line, each color-keyed (in more ways than one!)."

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...3-series-sedan

pix335i 10-14-2011 12:32 PM

It does seem like BMW is almost trying to streamline things by sharing parts across different series of cars and even by doing a worldwide release of the 3 series all at once. Maybe we are going to start getting some of the previous European exclusives...I can hope for it right?

TMQ 10-14-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwac (Post 6379583)

BMW will certainly bring these themes over - they've spent a lot of time marketing these optional lines. These Lines will make manufacturing cheaper for BMW.

Robert A 10-14-2011 01:05 PM

I wouldn't be so certain that this information is for the NA market, unless they got it from BMWNA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD 335is (Post 6379603)
AutoWeek:
"In a move mirroring that of the 1-series, the new 3-series will come in three distinct trim levels--Sport Line, Luxury Line and Modern Line. Also available from the start of U.S. sales next February will be an optional M-Sport trim package.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...#ixzz1amntN9GJ"
Car and Driver:
"In addition to the base model, BMW will offer the 3-series in three different "lines," the closest the company has ever come to offering trim levels: Sport, Luxury, and Modern. Each gets its own interior and exterior color palette."

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car...hotos_and_info
Road & Track:
"Three Trims: Sport, Luxury and Modern
Trim levels of the new 3 Series are defined by Sport Line, Luxury Line and Modern Line, each color-keyed (in more ways than one!)."

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...3-series-sedan

Robert A 10-14-2011 01:08 PM

Here's the link to the US press release. It looks like these four trim levels are coming to the US. I stand corrected.

http://www.bmwusanews.com/newsrelease.do?id=820&mid=

Highmodulus 10-14-2011 01:27 PM

Yep- it worked for Audi so BMW is going for it as well. Which also explains the 2.0T being the new base engine. . . .

;)

enc0re 10-14-2011 02:53 PM

Modern. The grainy wood looks nice. I also like lighter leathers. The lower suspension of the sport would only be annoying in the MI winters anyway.

jusmills 10-14-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMQ (Post 6379671)
BMW will certainly bring these themes over - they've spent a lot of time marketing these optional lines. These Lines will make manufacturing cheaper for BMW.

Sadly, I'm sure the end user's price won't reflect that...although I'm hoping that it does

enigma 10-14-2011 04:01 PM

And it seems like these lines are only skin deep.

Quote:

In addition to the standard trim level, the new BMW 3 Series Sedan can now also be specified with any of three equipment lines or an M Sport Package. Customers can therefore adapt the appearance of their car to their personal lifestyle and preferences in their own way and with eye-catching results.

enc0re 10-14-2011 04:37 PM

Wait. Can you get it without any lines then? I'd rather pick and choose options.

3ismagic# 10-14-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enc0re (Post 6380042)
Wait. Can you get it without any lines then? I'd rather pick and choose options.

That is what is unclear to me.

Overall I like various aspects of each of the lines, but none seems to hit all the right notes for my tastes. Let's hope for more customization on top of the S/M/L lines.
My perfect combo might be Sport Line or M-Sport exterior in Imperial blue with Antracite/aluminum dash/trim (modern line), and Black leather with grey stitching (grey w/black is available on sport line but not black w/grey).

Nordic_Kat 10-14-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc_22 (Post 6379525)
No doubt, the colored trim line will have to convince me in person because in photos I think cheese.

Agreed.

I'm sorry, but these multi-colored interiors are designed for the short term owner. They become very tiresome and garish after a while. What's wrong with an elegant understated interior? It can still have state of the art sport seats.

I know, it doesn't appeal to the Nintendo generation.

Not that it really matters, but maybe by the time the new coupes and cabrios are released some of this new model zeal will have toned down or, the coupes and cabrios will come out under the 4 series designate and have their own trim line.

Inline Sixer 10-14-2011 06:57 PM

^^^ +1

The sport interior looks ricey and will get old quick. I'd consider modern with a sport steering wheel.

Agree with comments that this is a cost saving measure. Don't believe the hype

Gold323Ci 10-14-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enc0re (Post 6379891)
Modern. The grainy wood looks nice. I also like lighter leathers.

Really? To each his own. I'm still gagging over that grainy wood texture and would call that the Paul Bunyon Edition. I really do like the matte finish wood in the latest A6 and Infiniti M35 but this version is over the top for me.

I also can't get used to the light brown "oyster" steering wheel.

In another post, someone mentioned they didn't like the M Sport steering wheel. You beat me to that statement as that wheel looks like something from 20 years ago. The new regular sport pkg wheel is very nice though.

I drove my E90 after seeing all the info today and felt it was a little dated now. Normally, I'm not that way but the F30 interior really is a step forward in my opinion.

eazy 10-14-2011 08:14 PM

from pictures I am not a big fan of the Modern interiors its too beige. However I do like the luxury and sport interiors.

tturedraider 10-14-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pix335i (Post 6379406)

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc_22 (Post 6379525)

With the aluminum trim you can have gloss black accents.

Oh, yeah. I'm Sport with M Sport package. Coral Red. I love white, so that's at the top, but if they have a non-metallic red like Crimson Red I might go that route. Red feels very good on a 3er. But, Alpine White (maybe Mineral White) with the red leather would look really great.

I do think the Modern and Luxury will increase the appeal of the 3er to buyers who see the 3er as too much of a sports car than they are comfortable with.

brkf 10-14-2011 08:52 PM

Like the exterior of the sport, not hip to red stitching inside. Hopefully that is an option as I would still want aluminum and straight leather...no special stitching, thanks.