Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   F30 2013 Wish List (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578008)

jmnbmw 10-29-2011 05:05 AM

F30 2013 Wish List

I think we should start a Wish List for the 2013 F30 model since it will be available around June 2012. I will wait for the 2013 to do ED in the summer and to hope that BMW will change the following:
1. Change the Kidney Grill to not touch the headlights
2. Change the Navigation from a square "pop-up look" back to a Hump.
That's it for me

3284me 10-29-2011 06:26 AM

I think with time the new styling will grow on people and become less of a shock. I do agree that the Nav looks a little funky, but the front end looks pretty clean. The real test will be seeing it in person, and my only wish is that the 4 and 6 turbo engines will be devoid of the fuel pump issues.

tturedraider 10-29-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmnbmw (Post 6408774)
I think we should start a Wish List for the 2013 F30 model since it will be available around June 2012. I will wait for the 2013 to do ED in the summer and to hope that BMW will change the following:
That's it for me

You're a dreamer. Bimmers tend not to be very photogenic. They always look better in the sheet metal. The i-Drive screen positioning was taken from the brand new 6er.

16n69 10-29-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

That's it for me

And change that ridiculous Lexus like hood:rofl:

RichReg 10-29-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tturedraider (Post 6409494)
You're a dreamer.

+1. One thing I'm not sure everyone realizes....the F30 by all rights, should be a 2013 model when it debuts in February. That's how it was in 2005 for the 2006 E90, and I believe for the E46 sedan 7 years before that. I highly doubt that BMW will have any substantial changes in the pipeline (facelifts, engines, etc.) only 4 or 5 months after it rolls out. :(

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I can't recall any BMW model where a major change was done that quickly. :dunno:

Rocket_man 11-05-2011 10:48 PM

- Ventilated Seats

These are so nice on the Lexus, especailly here in Texas.

My last BMW was an E46. I passed on the last 3-series, couldn't stand the run flat tires. I have a TSX and it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. But the F30 could bring me back to BMW. Maybe not the first production year but this could be my next car.

d geek 11-06-2011 10:10 AM

add a diesel option and alter the location of the front hood seam- incorporate the grill with the hood :thumbup:

WillInDenver 11-09-2011 05:55 PM

How about a DCT transmission on the M model?

WillInDenver 11-09-2011 06:49 PM

An X-Drive touring model with the N55 engine.

westwest888 11-09-2011 09:38 PM

Would be nice if they upgraded from 1 wheel drive on any car under $65k.

FCBayernFTW 11-10-2011 01:53 AM

Thermal Camera with alerts...Like the new A6. The security of seeing deer or foxes as soon as possible is something I'd spring for.

Sent from my BMW Approved© HTC Desire using BimmerApp

jwac 11-10-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

That's it for me

Neither will happen by next year, guaranteed. Both are major changes. #1 may happen with the LCI update in 3-4 years but #2 would only happen at the next full redesign in ~7 years.

I saw the all-new 1-Series in Germany (2012 MY in Europe) and it also has the 'floating' nav screen. This is a brand-new design direction so I doubt they're planning to change it any time soon.

WillInDenver 11-10-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwac (Post 6433564)
Neither will happen by next year, guaranteed. Both are major changes. #1 may happen with the LCI update in 3-4 years but #2 would only happen at the next full redesign in ~7 years.

+1. Those are less "wish list" items and more things those people dislike about the new design, yet are integral to it.

antidentite 11-17-2011 02:49 PM

I would like:
1. The "rest" feature brought back, which heats the car for 15 minutes after turning the ignition off
2. For the coupe to have rear windows that slight pop-out for more air (like the e46)
3. Less sensitive rain-sensing windshield wipers
4. Comfort Access that automatically locks the car when walking away, and unlocks when approaching

5252rpm 12-09-2011 03:31 AM

Premium package shouldn't be required for xenons. I find it hard enough to justify paying $900 for them, let alone $4500!

03rob530i 12-09-2011 03:51 AM

Why can't BMW just go back to simple engineering? M54 engine, simple engineering compared to N52/54/55 motors. Where is the option for idrive delete? Damn aluminum suspension tension rods and other aluminum suspension components, go back to something that doesn't require replacements every 100k miles or make it out of titanium if you want the lightest and smallest suspension components, or at least make them beefier/bigger out of aluminum so they last longer. Electronic water pump? I'd rather have a mechanical belt driven water pump, so what if I get 1mpg less, won't mean spending $600 for a new water pump when it goes bad. What happened to the door mounted hvac vents like the E34/E39, go back to that design. The car was designed for smokers in mind, door mounted hvac vents is brilliant where you can have the windows slightly open with the heat on full blast while driving in cold weather and your hands would be kept warm by those door vents. What happened to only using forced induction on diesels? What happened to manual only on M cars, and only naturally aspirated high revving motors? I don't want the whole front fascia of my car to be one cheap plastic piece (thanks BANGLE) same with the rear of my car, I prefer having a real bumper on both sides of my car along with a grille integrated into the hood, not the cheap grille front fascia crap.

Also thanks for cutting costs on a seal for my torque converter guaranteeing it goes bad, yes we know BMW's should only be manual, and how much you used to hate automatics (ironic that most automatic BMW's were for American market during pre-Bangle/idrive era). Complete 180 from the BMW I used to know, who hated automatics, didn't care about stuffing all sorts of technology into their cars like Mercedes or Lexus/Acura, didn't care that their cars were too small for American tastes, didn't care that Americans who couldn't drive a stick didn't buy their M cars because they weren't the types of drivers meant for an M car or a real BMW anyway.

justinnum1 12-09-2011 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5252rpm (Post 6489659)
Premium package shouldn't be required for xenons. I find it hard enough to justify paying $900 for them, let alone $4500!

Yea, main reason i passed on them. Not bending over for BMW.

d geek 12-09-2011 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03rob530i (Post 6489680)
.... What happened to only using forced induction on diesels? ...

As opposed to what?

03rob530i 12-09-2011 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d geek (Post 6489753)
As opposed to what?

Only using forced induction on diesels, and engineering gas motors to be powerful and fuel efficient w/o turbos. If an E39 530i can get up to 30mpg going 90mph, then thats pretty damn fuel efficient for such a heavy car, although you'd only be able to get 30mpg going 90mph in a country as flat as Holland.

jzcrna 12-09-2011 07:43 AM

Remove red stitching from sport line and make gloss black trim (without red line) available. Or else allow customers to create their threading and color strip based on a few more colors such as imperial blue, alpine white, etc. Im sure this would be cost prohibitive.

Include Xenons with Premium package and not an extra $900 on top of it. Or just include Xenons, period.

Inlude Enhanced bluetooth and BMW assist as standard. People do not realize that they cannot get bluetooth audio unless they order "enhanced bluetooth".

BigDadyCool 12-09-2011 09:57 AM

Customers in germany have a program called BMW individual where they can pikn literally anything from stitching to 2 tone exterior paint

Sent from my C771 using Bimmer

d geek 12-09-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03rob530i (Post 6489786)
Only using forced induction on diesels, and engineering gas motors to be powerful and fuel efficient w/o turbos. If an E39 530i can get up to 30mpg going 90mph, then thats pretty damn fuel efficient for such a heavy car, although you'd only be able to get 30mpg going 90mph in a country as flat as Holland.

Now I understand. I thought you were complaining about the current BMW diesel designs, which are head and shoulders better than they ever were before in terms of power, responsiveness, economy, and emissions.

As far as gassers go, whats not to like about better power and economy that are available with turbocharged vehicles? It appears that all automakers who are concerned about both aspects have turned to turbocharging. This indicates that they've gone as far as they can with injection systems and variable valve timing. Turbocharging is the most practical means available to them for mass produced vehicles.

03rob530i 12-09-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d geek (Post 6490278)
Now I understand. I thought you were complaining about the current BMW diesel designs, which are head and shoulders better than they ever were before in terms of power, responsiveness, economy, and emissions.

As far as gassers go, whats not to like about better power and economy that are available with turbocharged vehicles? It appears that all automakers who are concerned about both aspects have turned to turbocharging. This indicates that they've gone as far as they can with injection systems and variable valve timing. Turbocharging is the most practical means available to them for mass produced vehicles.

Because BMW never used turbo gas motors even though they had the engineering and r&d in place from turbo diesels, they still never did a turbo gas motor until the mid 2000's. Also, a turbocharger is great, but they consume more oil, use more fuel if you drive aggressively, plus there are more components that can fail, and what are BMW components good at doing? Eventually failing.

d geek 12-09-2011 11:03 AM

My only personal experience is with turbodiesels, but i can tell you that oil consumption is not an issue. I have multiple cars with 200-300K mi on them with original turbos. Longevity is not an issue if you use the right oil and some common sense. Yes, they use 'more fuel' when driving agressively, but this just means that the power is there when you need it, so they are saving you fuel when you drive 'normally'.

Try a modern turbocharged vehicle- you won't be disappointed ;)

03rob530i 12-09-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d geek (Post 6490395)
My only personal experience is with turbodiesels, but i can tell you that oil consumption is not an issue. I have multiple cars with 200-300K mi on them with original turbos. Longevity is not an issue if you use the right oil and some common sense. Yes, they use 'more fuel' when driving agressively, but this just means that the power is there when you need it, so they are saving you fuel when you drive 'normally'.

Try a modern turbocharged vehicle- you won't be disappointed ;)

Turbo diesels tend to be over-engineered for most applications, even those used in a passenger car. They're going to be designed to be pushed at full loads most of the time since they have lower RPMs and to provide that extra low end power when you want it.

Plus a VW with a iron engine block is going to have a higher longevity rate then a aluminum block motor would, especially when driven hard all the time.

Turbo gasoline engines otoh won't be over-engineered like a turbo diesel, except a 2JZ, GTR engine or that 2.5TFSI from Audi.