Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E70 (2007 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   New X5 Buyer's Resource: The X5 Digital Brochure... (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586923)

Jon Shafer 12-10-2011 09:59 PM

New X5 Buyer's Resource: The X5 Digital Brochure...
 
Has this ever been posted here before?

:dunno:

Please allow ample time for download...


For best results, "Right Click /Save As" file to your computer desktop. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.

SonomaDriver 12-11-2011 11:25 AM

First I've seen it, very slick!

Thanks for posting it Jon.

Jon Shafer 12-11-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonomaDriver (Post 6494036)
First I've seen it, very slick!

Thanks for posting it Jon.


My pleasure...

ssaq 12-11-2011 06:41 PM

Wow...The stock sound system in a bare 35i is better than the stock in the 35d. Why does that seem wrong?

35i base:

Anti-theft AM/FM stereo CD/MP3 player audio system with Radio Data System (RDS)
includes high-fidelity 10-speaker sound system with 2 subwoofers under the front
seats and digital 7-channel amplifier with 205 watts of power

35d:

Anti-theft AM/FM stereo CD/MP3 player audio system with Radio Data System (RDS)
includes high-fidelity 6-speaker sound system with 2 subwoofers under the front seats

c-bolt 12-11-2011 11:11 PM

From the brochure:

"Model Year2011 X5 xDrive35 d content shown in brochure; Model Year 2012 will be available October 2012 ."

Its just not an updated pdf...no big deal. The 10 speaker system is standard on all MY12 x5's. Mine has it. Its decent, but lacks the EQ settings of the Premium Hi-Fi system. Much better than the base from the MY11's

Thanks Jon!

ssaq 12-11-2011 11:33 PM

sweet thanks, that's good to know. really didn't want to spring for the premium audio.

smac0001 12-12-2011 12:59 PM

Sound System
 
Spec'ing 2012 premium and my dealer did add the ZPS for sound. When I did a few test drives from the lot I did notice much better sound with standard audio versus previous years and my MY2009.

When I am not wanting to listen to road slip by at high speed I do definitely want good sound however not sure about springing for the ZPS and it's not coming for free apparently :rolleyes:

How much better is the premium sound and is it worth the price?

Enjoy!!

Emission 12-23-2011 12:40 AM

Has the updated '12 version been uploaded yet? This is the early '12 version, with a lot of '11 information.

- Mike

Realgeni 01-22-2012 07:58 AM

Download the latest from here

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...89opQ/PXjqCdY=

dap200 01-31-2012 07:38 PM

Bike racks for 2011 X5
 
I have a Black with tan leather 2011 X5 35d and have read most of the posts on the bike racks. I was hoping someone has found an after market one that fits in the predrilled holes underneath AND comes off. I went to local BMW shop here in central Florida, Fields BMW and they only have the bike rack that swings out but doesn't come off. No good for me, I want to be able to take off out of the way.

Any help with this would be great.

I own the 2011 X535d and a 2009 335I hard top convertible also black and tan.

David

Marwan 02-17-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dap200 (Post 6601107)
I have a Black with tan leather 2011 X5 35d and have read most of the posts on the bike racks. I was hoping someone has found an after market one that fits in the predrilled holes underneath AND comes off. I went to local BMW shop here in central Florida, Fields BMW and they only have the bike rack that swings out but doesn't come off. No good for me, I want to be able to take off out of the way.

Any help with this would be great.

I own the 2011 X535d and a 2009 335I hard top convertible also black and tan.

David

Read this thread. I and others discuss the BMW rack that goes in the eye sockets. It can be very easily removed in less than a minute.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...818&highlight=

dap200 02-19-2012 02:12 PM

Marwan,

Thanks for the excellent post on the rear mounted bike rack, thats exactly what I was looking for. I see for your photos, that you also have a black X5 but have a white bike rack. Do you know by chance, if they now make it in black?

Thanks

David

Marwan 02-20-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dap200 (Post 6642889)
Marwan,

Thanks for the excellent post on the rear mounted bike rack, thats exactly what I was looking for. I see for your photos, that you also have a black X5 but have a white bike rack. Do you know by chance, if they now make it in black?

Thanks

David

David,

The bike rack is actually silver and as far as I know, that's the only color it comes in. It doesn't look bad at all on my black X5, by the way... Pleased to know you found my post usefull. Let me know if you have more questions about this rack.

Marwan.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms